Team for Leeds

What is everybody thinking for Tuesday''s starting 11, mine would be;-

********Ruddy *************

Martin, R Bennett, Bassong, Ollson.

*********** Tettey, ******************

Dorrans, ************ Howson

*********** Hoolahan.***********

*******Jerome, Grabban ******

Something tells me AN will probably drop Whitts straight back in, and Hooper and Redmond will be on the bench, think above could be good enough to get the result we want ?.

No, I don''t think we should be starting with two strikers.I wouldn''t look much further than the same starting 11 at Bolton (Hoping Hoolahan has a slightly better game this time) with the obvious options from the bench.But I have to admit to not knowing too much about the Leeds players, and what threat we need to be combatting.

Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>[/quote]One thing I did notice on Saturday, is that Redmond must have been doing some strength work, as he wasn''t as easily knocked off the ball as he used to be.If he showed a bit more grit, strength and determination a bit more often then he would get more games.I don''t like the balance of your suggestion. If anything I would consider dropping Jerome and bringing in Grabban.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>[/quote]Without knowing anything about Leeds, apart from their basic statistics, I would favour starting with a 4-4-1-1. If Grabban is fit enough to start I probably would pick him up front instead of Jerome and play O''Neil (or possibly VOO if Neil has any faith in him) in midfield instead of Redmond. If Grabban is not yet that match-fit I would keep the team from Saturday, apart from Redmond being replaced by a more solid midfielder. Redmond would have a part to play later on, as almost certainly would Hooper and Grabban/Jerome.

With a formation of 4141, we are solid and competitive and can win a game from there, so I would be surprised if we go with a diamond or a 442 from the off, but as with Saturday if goals are required, we can bring on attacking quality from the bench.  The interesting thing is if we go 4141, who gets the front role?  Grabban was number  one choice before his injury, Jerome has the most goals, Hooper is a predator as we saw on Saturday. 

I don''t know how Redmond played on Saturday, but if he is on form, he has to be in it imo, given Johnson is still suspended - and with Eliot Bennett being fresh, he could feature out wide too.  Two out and out wide men not seen under AN, I know, but a possibility. Also bearing in mind the game on Friday, Wes could be rested to start with tomorrow.  I also think he will revert to having Whittaker in there too, so possibly -                      Ruddy   Whittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                       Tettey  Bennett  Howson  Dorrans  Redmond                      GrabbanWes, Jerome, Hooper, as super subs if/when needed. An alternative to that is playing a strong four across the middle, with Wes or Hooper behind Grabban or Jerome.                    RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong OllsonHowson  Tettey O''Neil   Dorrans                 Wes/Hooper               Grabban/Jerome

I agree 4141 is the most probable starting line up under AN at the mo, and who can argue with him.

Redmond was ok on Saturday, was clear on goal with one chance, when we were 1-0 and hit it straight at the keeper, as was Grabban right at the death, he did look stronger than previous, unless Bolton were not as physical as some !

Good news is looks like we have all our strikers fit, so big guns available as and when required.

The key player for me is Tettey.

Can he play three games in a week?

We look a different side without him. BJ may be PoTS but Tettey is the most irreplaceable imo.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Tettey on the bench.

Although I trust Neil to do the right thing and keep it more or less the same, I wouldn''t mind seeing:

----------------Ruddy------------------

Whitts--Martin--Bassong--Olsson

----------------O''Neil-------------------

-----Howson-------Dorrans----------

--------------Hoolahan----------------

---------Hooper---Grabban---------

It''s what i''d like to see, as well as Tettey being given a rest. However, I realise it won''t be this and Neil''s record ain''t bad, i''ll leave it to him.

Leeds midfield recently has been made up of inexperienced kids I don''t expect them to cope with Wes, Dorrans, Howson and Redmond with tettey behind. Being in our current position Tettey will not want to miss a single game.

(the reason why I think this would work is because Leeds look pretty poor on the wings, playing Byram (a good right back) at right midfield

I liked the look of both Jerome and Grabban playing tbh. We will have enough in the middle provided Tettey can play. If he has to be left out, we''ve got a bit of a conundrum though...

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]In the absence of Jonno Tettey is gong to be vital in this game methinks.[/quote]There hasn''t been as much made of Tettey''s injury recently. I wonder if Alex Neil is handling it better, perhaps with selective training, or maybe just motivated him to man up a bit?

Mr Jenkins wrote:

In the absence of Jonno Tettey is gong to be vital in this game methinks.

There hasn''t been as much made of Tettey''s injury recently. I wonder if Alex Neil is handling it better, perhaps with selective training, or maybe just motivated him to man up a bit?

These sorts of chronic injuries presumably require very carefull management and hopefully we are doing everything we can to keep him available for games. His inabilty to play two games in a week, or even three is only something I have heard from him and not through he club. Motivating Tettey to man up is an interesting concept, but one I''m sure "our man" is capabable of.😊

Mr Jenkins, I think you touched on it perfectly, with AN persuading Tettey to man up, sounds like it could be something in the players mind telling him he cant do 3 games in a week and AN in his ear telling him he can, think we know who will win that one !

Simply telling Tettey to "man up" is not what is required.  Physical situations, such as Tettey''s knee is something that requires physical management, not "manning up" or man management.   Its a physical problem  and as such will be treated like that with doctor''s and physios having the main input.  Any confidence that Tettey will need in his knee to play games will come from them, not the manager.  Anyhow "manning up" is something only certain character types respond to.   If the doctors and physios and Tettey feel his knee is ok, then the manager will be able to pick him. Not the other way round.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Mr Jenkins, I think you touched on it perfectly, with AN persuading Tettey to man up, sounds like it could be something in the players mind telling him he cant do 3 games in a week and AN in his ear telling him he can, think we know who will win that one ![/quote]Indeed.And often when someone has a condition that has to be managed, then there are specific pain management methods that can be employed,  not only medication, but just basically mentally dealing with the pain. Whilst I was in rehab for a knee condition there were specific therapists employed that dealt with folks who had pain that surgery could not fix, and basically coached them to deal with it.Also you feel pain a lot less when you''re winning.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 13/04/2015 6:28 PM:

Simply telling Tettey to "man up" is not what is required. Physical situations, such as Tettey''s knee is something that requires physical management, not "manning up" or man management. Its a physical problem and as such will be treated like that with doctor''s and physios having the main input. Any confidence that Tettey will need in his knee to play games will come from them, not the manager. Anyhow "manning up" is something only certain character types respond to. If the doctors and physios and Tettey feel his knee is ok, then the manager will be able to pick him. Not the other way round.

Please read what''s being said😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 13/04/2015 6:28 PM:

Simply telling Tettey to "man up" is not what is required. Physical situations, such as Tettey''s knee is something that requires physical management, not "manning up" or man management. Its a physical problem and as such will be treated like that with doctor''s and physios having the main input. Any confidence that Tettey will need in his knee to play games will come from them, not the manager. Anyhow "manning up" is something only certain character types respond to. If the doctors and physios and Tettey feel his knee is ok, then the manager will be able to pick him. Not the other way round.

Please read what''s being said😄[/quote]No, you likely misunderstood him Jenkins.

But what the heck, I''ll bite.Okay Lakey, what exactly is Tettey''s particular knee condition?Do you have much experience with the workings of a football club physio department?What particular character type responds best to pain management techniques?What particular character type is Tettey?In short, the usual load of old bollocks.

Now hold on there Morty.
I can''t speak for Lakey - I can''t type for that long, and I don''t speak tw@ttish - but here are some thoughts from me:
Alex Tettey was born on 4th April 1986.
This makes him an Aries (21st March - 19th April)
Now.....

Aries Inner Character:

Underneath the strong, independent surface may lie insecurity. This is due to the intense drive to succeed and Aries put too much pressure on themselves, thus resulting in self-doubt however, the natural optimism and enthusiasm overtakes this and the underlying insecurity may never be known to others.
It may well be that Alex Tettey has self-doubt about the ability of his knee to manage three games in a week, hence underneath his confident exterior he needs careful managing and psychological support to get through another 80-90 minutes.
Conversely, 
Alex Neil (9th June 1981) is a Gemini
Gemini are born intellectuals, they are always interested in learning numerous subjects. They are clever and sharp individuals and they will not shy away from voicing their opinions. 
Maybe Alex Neil has identified that Tettey has this self-doubt re: his medical complaint and is using his cleverness and sharpness to get the best out of him.
Yeah, that must be it.
The more I think about it, the more this becomes the only explanation.
Where the hell is my statue?

If Tweedledum and Tweedledee have finished, back on topic, the issue over Tettey is not clear, but even if he doesn''t play in one of the games this week, we have strong alternatives.  In Dorrans and Howson we have two of the best midfielders in the division and with O''Neil''s experience, Redmond and even E.Bennett, almost any permutation looks good.  Would still rather have Tettey for both remaining games this week though.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Tweedledum and Tweedledee have finished, back on topic, the issue over Tettey is not clear, but even if he doesn''t play in one of the games this week, we have strong alternatives.  In Dorrans and Howson we have two of the best midfielders in the division and with O''Neil''s experience, Redmond and even E.Bennett, almost any permutation looks good.  Would still rather have Tettey for both remaining games this week though.

[/quote]Oh, I assumed you would be away googling answers to the questions about the post full of tripe you trotted out.We were on topic until you blundered into the thread.

May I ask, what on earth has Elliot Bennett done to justify an immediate recall and play in a vital "must win" game.