Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Midfield?!?

Why can we not even supply two midfielders for the opening game of the season??? Its ridiculous. Are players meant to get injured like that during pre season? I thought it was a time for getting the squad into shape.

anyway....... who do you think we should field on saturday?

i would choose

Marney   Hughes   Charlton/Ross Jarvis   Huckerby.

looking at that now it may not be as bad as i first thought.

Tricky isn''t it ''Northern Canary'', hard to know whether this combination would work when, of the 5 you mention, & with the exception of Hucks, I calculate they have precisely 1 competitive mid-field appearance for City between them (i.e. Charlie at St Marys last year). Three would be making their Canary debut so ''untried'' would be a bit of an understatement. We know Charlie wouldn''t let us down, Hughsey would have to be better than at Colchester & Rossi looks to me an exciting prospect. We haven''t yet seen ''Little Deano'' but he certainly looked the business when he helped swamp ''The toffees'' last season. But anyway, mark my words, a certain Jason Jarrett will be in the starting line-up on Saturday. I was at Colney yesterday to watch the youths and, after seeing JJ run 5 laps (or was it 4) around the Colney perimiter without even puffing (while the rest of the squad relaxed in the sunshine, post barbecue lunch), I''d bet this is a man who''ll be very ready for Saturday. As I say, mark my words.   

It could be worse NC, we might have to put Francis in there if his move to Wigan falls through. God help us then.

what bout jarrett is he not fit or something?

my midfield would be;

Marney    Hughes   Jarrett   Huckerby

I think that Jarrett will play. He''s not injured Worthy was just saying that he needs to be sure he will last long enough. He played 45 minuted against inter without looking too knackered so i am sure he will manage at least an hour/70 minuted this weekend.

Marney, Hughes, Jarrett, Huckerby it will be and I like the look of that. plenty of muscle in the middle and threat on the flanks!

I was impressed with Simon Charlton in midfield against Inter Milan, he was busy and caused them quite a few problems, I am sure he will do an exellent job, if called upon to play in midfield against Coventry.

I also thought that Jason Jarrett played well and looked the sort of commanding midfiled player we need - I hope he gets his chance on Saturday

My midfield would be Marney - Jarrett/Hughes - Charlton - Huckerby