Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Radio Norfolk on Freeview

Don''t know if this has been mentioned before but Radio Norfolk is now available through your TV on Freeview (Channel 719) throughout the BBC Look East TV area. Presumably this means Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Herts, Beds, Bucks, Northamptonshire & Cambridgeshire. This potentially means that commentairies are available in a much larger area than those via the conventional radio transmissions, assuming of course that they''re not blocked as per the internet transmission of Radio Norfolk.

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]If anyone can post the freeview manual tune details for radio norfolk that would be great! i pick up radio kent. bah!! :-P[/quote]I dont think you can get Radio Norfolk on Freeview as its transmitted from the Tacolneston transmitter only and you will be out of its range.As for Freesat??????

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Is it also on Freesat which would mean us exiles being able to hear other than on computer[/quote]

Not on Freesat, unfortunately.  We will still have to spend money to listen to a BBC station.......strange when the BBC broadcasting is supposed to be free and paid for by the tax payers.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item47It''s not on Freesat. To get it on Freeview you have to be within the Look East area & receive your TV signals from one of three transmitters - Tacolneston, Sandy Heath (Bedfordshire) or Sudbury.Freeview is not like Freesat where, by changing your postcode in the set up, you can change the TV region that you watch.

Thanks goodness for that MP, for a horrible moment I thought LDC teas going to get his commentary on the cheap.😜

Checked the tv in my kitchen as it''s still on freeview but that channel doesn''t exist and I''m in Norfolk.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Checked the tv in my kitchen as it''s still on freeview but that channel doesn''t exist and I''m in Norfolk.[/quote]Then you need to do an update

Sadly even if there was a free to air channel for the radio station it wouldn''t work during the match as the BBC no longer hold the rights to broadcast live matches outside of radio

Freeview working here in South Suffolk using the Sudbury transmitter. Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Hoping that it will not get blocked in a few minutes.

[quote user="AJ"]Sadly even if there was a free to air channel for the radio station it wouldn''t work during the match as the BBC no longer hold the rights to broadcast live matches outside of radio[/quote]Sorry but full commentary is working fine on Freeview Channel 719

Some naughty man on Wrath of the Barclay has put up a link to radio commentaryI won''t mention that his name is Dr Dublin or that you can see what he has posted at 15.02 Give us a ghoul.......as that is wrong

Retuned and had a good listen to todays game.

Glad to hear that it all worked out for everyone. So now we know that Radio Norfolk match commentaries on Radio Norfolk are not blocked on Freeview.

It worked again here in silly suffolk! The stress levels rise with it but still better than following on the twitter feed.

Anyone know if you can get it on Sky?

I dont mind paying the subscription to canary player, but there are loads of times when there are issues with the audio and I have to listen to the other teams coverage. i know others have similar issues to.

Listen to all the matches here in the Philippines thanks to a link put up on another message board. Full Radio Norfolk commentary, with Adam Drury as guest last night. (This morning for me ).

There is no need to block commentary on freeview as the signal will only work from cetrain transmitters in the region, the further out you go you are unlikely to receive RN

Sky is unliekly co carry it as its available world wide and would have to block matches like they do in the internet.