Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

It's looking much clearer.

Well, I thought Wolves would do ''Boro but it seems they''ve imploded and probably won''t make the play-offs which is good to see.

But the pressure is right on Watford. They need to win by three clear goals to overtake us. Our second goal tonight and their failure to punish Millwall has given us some daylight.

But, if Watford fail to beat Forest the whole thing suddenly opens up and the pressure is right off us (which itself would be another challenge).

I''m going to enjoy listening in tomorrow night.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And we want to swap this for the premier league ????[/quote]But it wouldn''t always be like this in the Championship. If we don''t get promotion good players will want out, the money will dwindle, there''ll be little incentive for quality players to come here, the results will suffer. the manager will be off, there''ll be little or no transfer budget, crowds will decline and before you know it we''ll be treading water in mid table mediocrity followed by an inevitable Championship relegation battle.If you want to be like 1p5wich and be stuck in the Championship with a bit of excitement once every 10 years then fine, but give me the PL, even on a yo-yo basis, everytime.[/quote]Well said MP.The twaddle about preferring the Chumps to the PL is binner''s talk as they have no choice being in the second tier for so long.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, I thought Wolves would do ''Boro but it seems they''ve imploded and probably won''t make the play-offs which is good to see.

But the pressure is right on Watford. They need to win by three clear goals to overtake us. Our second goal tonight and their failure to punish Millwall has given us some daylight.

But, if Watford fail to beat Forest the whole thing suddenly opens up and the pressure is right off us (which itself would be another challenge).

I''m going to enjoy listening in tomorrow night.[/quote]How is the pressure right off us, if watford lose tomorrow we are practically in a play off final given our superior goal difference to Watford on Friday.It will not have been on more all season. I fear this game a lot given that they tonked us at their place and given the fact that everytime we have had the chance to hit the top at home (Under pressure) we have underperformed and failed to win. Such as Wigan!!

The pressure will be off (a little) because if Watford lose against Forrest we can afford to draw against Boro and still guarantee automatic promotion by winning the last two games.   

[quote user="E I E I E I O"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, I thought Wolves would do ''Boro but it seems they''ve imploded and probably won''t make the play-offs which is good to see.

I''m going to enjoy listening in tomorrow night.[/quote]How is the pressure right off us, if watford lose tomorrow we are practically in a play off final given our superior goal difference to Watford on Friday.It will not have been on more all season. I fear this game a lot given that they tonked us at their place and given the fact that everytime we have had the chance to hit the top at home (Under pressure) we have underperformed and failed to win. Such as Wigan!![/quote]

It''s understandable to be apprehensive about this crucial match, I am too, but we are a very different proposition now compared to November last year. This is the team that played on 4/11 :-

Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Olsson, O’Neil, Tettey (Hooper 45), Redmond, Howson, Lafferty (Murphy 57), Jerome (Grabban 78). Subs (not used): Rudd, Cuellar, Johnson, Miquel.

Our back four is now much more solid with Bassong in place of Turner. In the away match, Johnson was an unused sub! but back from a two day ban he will be bursting to make an impact on Friday evening. Laffertyof course has gone as has Murphy and there is little doubt that Neil will have the team set up, organised and motivated much better than was the case on that November night in Middlesborough back in November. In addition, Hooper is now showing an appetite for the game which seemed absent under Adams and if Grabban is fit to play some part on Friday that will be the icing on the cake.

One positive for Friday is Johnson''s return to the team. As he didn''t play on Saturday or Tues I would hope that he has extra energy which will be of benefit as the game goes on. Hopefully he can get a grip on midfield as Boro tire and can also get forward to pose the great goal threat that he has been over the last few weeks.

[quote user="ec-p"]Would our current squad have stayed up in the Premier League, under AN this season?[/quote]

Yes, and the squad would have stayed up last season if we''d only shown more confidence in our own ability, and attacked more.

A negative manager cost us last season by settling for draws !!

The pressure eases on us if Watford lose or draw tonight because we have room for error at last.

That error is that we are fine provided we don''t lose to ''Boro.

But the only way to approach things is to want to win all three remaining games and saying to Bournemouth: if you want to be champions you HAVE to win all three of your games or we will overtake you.

If results go our way we could secure promotion at Rotherham.

This is just fun speculation however, Norwich City will be told simply by AN to win every match and forget the rest.

That won''t stop me taking a strong interest in Forest tonight though :-)