Sign in to follow this  
Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got

Friday night lights

Atmosphere at Elland Road was amazing. We are going up, we are going up! Can''t wait for the Boro game, hopefully we''ll raise the roof. Games under the lights always better for atmosphere.

With it being on Sky it should mean no plastics will have bothered to get a ticket. Real fans only = wall of noise!

OTBC

WJRG

Agree, last night was best since Bournemouth away, although I have to say (having always disliked Leeds and their fans) I thought the Leeds made for a great night, they didn''t stop singing. had same great banter especially with "fattie" and we responded brilliantly with "he''s one of our own". apart from Jerome stick (but he can take it) I thought it was best for ages, and if we can replicate that at CR Friday night it will be cauldron, cant wait............ OTBC

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Atmosphere at Elland Road was amazing. We are going up, we are going up! Can''t wait for the Boro game, hopefully we''ll raise the roof. Games under the lights always better for atmosphere.

With it being on Sky it should mean no plastics will have bothered to get a ticket. Real fans only = wall of noise!

OTBC

WJRG[/quote]

What is with some posters on this message board and the constant derogatory reference to plastics. I live just under 300 miles away from Norwich and because of that and a combination of other reasons I can''t make it to many games either home or away for that matter. I assume this makes me a so-called plastic. When I do go I make as much noise as the next fan, plastic or otherwise, and probably more because it''s rare that I get the chance to support my team. It must be great to live in Norfolk and go to Carrow Road on a regular basis, including to see Under 21 games, and go to away matches on a coach in the company of other committed City fans. So, please, just give it a rest with the ''plastic'' jibes.

The comment about plastics is an interesting one, I sat next to a guy last night who travels to every game home and away (well actually he has missed 2 this season, same as myself) but to give him real credit he lives near Spalding, that is some ask.

There are so called fans who live within walking distance of the ground (some sit near me at CR) and they moan about everything, the players, the board, young fans who want to sing, the guy fiddling with the electronic advertising boards, you name it they moan about it, to me that is a Plastic, someone who calls themselves a fan and then looks to knock, undermine and degrade the club at any opportunity, not someone who gets to 4 games a season or everyone.

Plastic here. Managed to get a ticket for Friday, oh and for Fulham. All I have to do now is find out how to get to Carrow Road.

Could maybe do with a few more plastics to attend and show the special kind of fresh enthusiasm that they have as a result of not getting to that many games, to boost the rather silent zombie like Carrow Rd crowd - at least it was the last match I went to there.   600+  miles to watch us win at home only for the majority of the crowd to stand/sit around in virtual silence most of the time.  I ask ya!    I''m assuming of course that the crowd has woken up now the season is reaching its climax, but if the atmosphere needs help, the more plastics there to make a noise, the better.   Come on you plastics!  [:P]

Just realised something, I was complementing Leeds fans for last night and the atmosphere they helped create, but it was all from one stand, behind the goal, which was 3/4 full, the rest of the leeds fans in the stadium sat around in a "silent zombie" like state, so im sure they had plenty of plastics also.

And there''s the point... Football clubs should be the very fulcrum of a local community (and drawing their support wholly from it). Why is it to some guy from Spalding''s credit that he travels to Norwich for games? It''s just the same as him travelling to Man Utd for every game. Why doesn''t he support Spalding. Or Boston? Nah, to me the Guy''s a plastic.

Rich T - why would anyone want to move from the Fine City? If you do, it''s your choice (free country and all that) but if you do you renege on your birthright to support Norwich City. You''d be a deserter.

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Rich T - why would anyone want to move from the Fine City? If you do, it''s your choice (free country and all that) but if you do you renege on your birthright to support Norwich City. You''d be a deserter.[/quote]Personally I left the Fine City when I joined the Royal Navy, spreading the word of Norwich City throughout the world. After leaving the Navy, I, of course, returned to the Fine City but when I was offered to do the same job in Swindon for x 3 of the wages I was on, I jumped at it.  Being a season ticket holder from Swindon has cost me a fortune since tho''  ! 

Top man SC for your years of service but maybe you''re thencause for all the plastics....ha ha

Good on you mate and having worked near there that''s one hell of a trip just for a game of football, plastic or not.

The more plastics the better as movingaway from Norfolk tends to make people more independent, less introverted, improve their confidence and sense of humour and more likely to embrace talking with people who are neither their brother or their mates from school. As much as I loved growing up in Norfolk many years ago everybody should move away for a while, try it you might even like it. So yes, the more plastics the better.

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Rich T - why would anyone want to move from the Fine City? If you do, it''s your choice (free country and all that) but if you do you renege on your birthright to support Norwich City. You''d be a deserter.[/quote][Y]