Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Message for Francis!

Deal with your situation! Pompey as always are playing games, Charlton and Fulham are not interested, and a move to Wigan won''t progress your career. Get on playing for Norwich, play your heart out, get us promoted and so earn yourself a starting place at a Premiership club.

If you really have your heart set on joining a London club, prove yourself at Norwich to be worth a premiership club taking a gamble on you! Get on with some hard work and be successful! In short get on with what needs to be done, working hard for your employer and winning back the support  of the fans.

Agreed. Despite the fact I have lost a lot of respect for him over this whole episode I would be happy to see him back in the team IF he were to come out publically himself and say that he has made an error of judgment, that his head has been turned and that he was now going to concentrate on playing for NCFC and trying to get us promoted again.

Its clear he does not want to go to Wigan and nobody else is in for him so its time for him to take a reality check and get on with things!

Absolutely right - a public statement from Francis now, to say sorry for what has happened, and to commit his future to Norwich until at least the end of the season, will go a long way towards repairing relations.  Steven Gerrard had the balls to admit he''d done wrong and apologise during his own little saga - its about time Francis took a leaf from that man''s book!

Come on Damien - we''re game if you are!

I honestly think it''s too much to ask for a public apology.

I''d be happy for him to publically pledge at least another year to the club and then do his talking on the pitch.

If he plays as well as he can, it won''t take long to win back the fans.

sooo! If this sorry saga ends with dammo (damm-all?) still with us how will the fans react to him on Saturday?  While I agree that a public act of mending fences will help a lot I really hope there is no repeat of the booing of last week. It is not what is needed at the start of what will be a difficult season. Everyone, please get behind the TEAM!!

I was at the Inter game when Damo was roundly booed. I felt for the guy. He''s got ambition, for goodness sake! But if the choice is Wigan or Norwich, then surely Damien should take a leaf from the ''Andy Johnson/Steven Gerrard ''Book of Common Sense''''. I would have said ''Book of loyalty'', but there is no such thing amongst footballers when agents are involved!

Robert Green hasn''t sold out to the devil, by signing for one of the relegation certainties, it would be madness for Francis to do the same.

I''ll be there on Saturday Damien, please say you will be too!

P.S. I''m come over from the ''footymad'' site, they''re still doin that Dungeons & Dragons thing. I''ve told them off, but will they listen?!

He''s clearly been badly advised by his agent, not least on the fact that Wigan is nearer London than Norwich is.  I think he should be given a decent reception if he plays on Saturday. He is quality at this level, and without him it looks a very experimental midfield.

Wigan is no club for a player of Francis'' quality. What is he thinking? Oh yes I forgot, his agent does that for him.
I see that even Henri Camara has returned to Wolves after his deal with Wigan broke down too.

So come on Damo, get back on board with City! If you help us get promoted again then all will be forgiven, you''ll see!

I really don''t understand you guys who want the man to stay and give him a ''good reception''.

Why should we?

Compare Francis to Helveg. Helveg made it clear he wanted out as soon as last season finished, earlier in fact, but he left with dignity, never spoke out against the club, never gave any less than 110% and thanked the fans for their support.

Dammo was (like it or not) the key factor in our hammering at Fulham that relegated us, came out after the game laughing at the fans when all the other players were devastated, and is now playing the football club for fools. He doesn''t care about this football club. He doesn''t care about you and he doesn''t care about the yellow shirt.

He can sod off.

If Francis wants to go the best way to aid his cause is to play his heart out for Norwich and show how good he is. That way he will have other clubs bidding for his services so he will have a choice of where to go. If he goes into a sulk and ends up in the reserves he will get a reputation as trouble maker who would not be good for the atmosphere in the dressing room. The only way he would be heading then would be down.

I will never "boo" Francis, but if he hasn''t come out and said his intentions like Steven Gerrard and Andy Johnson before Saturday I will not give him a "decent" reception. He needs to make it clear he wants to stay here and coming out in some sort of press conference would do it for me. Come on Francis, show some commitment and get us back in the Premiership!! Where you wanna be!!

I wonder what the sticking point is with Wigan?

Possibly - " I want .....

lots of money,

freedom to jump ship whenever I desire,

no criticism if I fail to make any impression in 50% of my matches,

my agent to be taken seriously,

the opportunity to go completely missing in key matches should I so wish,

and if you don''t agree I shall scrream and scrream and make myself sick. So there. ..."

Come on damien have some common sense, wigan are lookin like dead certs to come straight bak down, for god sakes wigan isnt even a footballing city, its a rugby city, the whole club has got no character or history to it at all!

Hav some real loyalty and stay with us, play ur hard out obn and off the pitch, if u get bak to performin like u were it wil be just like good old times again!

So basically D.F, footy fans prefer a real tryer, than a trick-pony! so make the right career decision and stay with us! premierleague 2006/07!  

[quote]I really don''t understand you guys who want the man to stay and give him a ''good reception''. Why should we? Compare Francis to Helveg. Helveg made it clear he wanted out as soon as last season fin...[/quote]

You''re bloody right Beds. I went along to the Inter game and although I am so naffed off by the way Francis has treated the club I didn''t boo. I just stayed quiet. I was sickened that people felt the need to cheer him. Why the hell should we cheer a player who has stuck his middle finger up at this club and now found out that all is not as easy as he thought it would be. Those people who were in Carrow Road on friday I expect were Norwich fans. So why would Norwich fans who want the best for this club want a player who isn''t interested in us anymore.

[quote]I was at the Inter game when Damo was roundly booed. I felt for the guy. He''s got ambition, for goodness sake! But if the choice is Wigan or Norwich, then surely Damien should take a leaf from the ''An...[/quote]

Welcome Mark. The vermin on that site are all scummer''s who ruin the serious posts of us City supporters, and add their D and D posts to disrupt it.

At least the moderators can stop that sort of thing here, thank God.

I can''t believe this. The guy is completely overrated anyway. He was laughing after that Fulham game, and a lot of Norwich fans seem to think that it''s all his agents fault, and poor old damien just wants to play for norwich. Francis employs his agent to speak on his behalf. If Francis doesn''t come out and say his agent was wrong (like Huckerby did) then he may aswell be saying these things himself.

The guy is lazy, arrogant and I don''t want him here. He''ll end up at Wolves eventually, where all the players think they''re in the premiership.

Now that Judas looks like he''s got his way and gone to a ''Premiership'' club (for one season only) , can we stop writing about him and concentrate on the players that will take us back up ?

(Cant wait to see the dummy come out when he comes down again next season).

After his behaviour on and off the pitch at Fulham he gave up any rights to support from the fans of NCFC.

Couple that with the fact that he has been hiding behind his agent and I personally want him to go, and quickly.

Hucks had the courage before he came here to tell his agent that he (Hucks) would decide who he played for, not his agent.

Francis is a BIG disappointment and he has denigrated himself by accepting a move to Wigan of all places who do not tie in with all the utterances made by his agent.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

I''m with you totally on this one FatMan. Francis will have good moments in the coming season but, with the passage of time, we will hear of the same issues surfacing again. This kind of leopard certainly does not change its'' spots. If I was forced to choose, in any field of endeavour, I would choose effort before talent, and the job is more likely to get done.

i am hoping even more now that wigan get relegated if he goes there as he now is just desperate to go to any premiership club and is taking a huge risk by going to a team which is likely t6o be down the bottom and have a season like we did last season. and i just want to be able to laugh at him if we go back up and wigan go down

i can''t honest see him staying with us. he will listen to his agent and go to wigan, then he will be in the same situation this time next year when wigan are back in the championship.

There is hope for everyone if YC agrees with me

Actually, I would take attitude before everything else but I take your point, YC, on effort before talent.

A pertinent question that we should all ask ourselves throughout the day is, "Is MY attitude worth catching?" The trouble with Francis is that his attitude is not worth catching because it stinks, so he has to go. Simple.

Have a nice day