Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Borough Result will Decide Automatic

all the top 4 clubs have amazed me of late with their ability to grind out results in difficult circumstances to the end that 2 points cover the top 4. any slip up now by any of the top 4 clubs will be fatal.

The number of points to obtain second place has edged up significantly and will probably be an amazing 91.

Nothing less than a win against borough will do and even then we may lose second spot temporarily on GD. I would take a nervy 1 nil win now though with confidence that we can outscore watford in our last 2 fixtures. Which ever 2 of the top 4 miss out will have to psychologically pick themselves up big time and generally speaking the record of history of clubs just missing out on automatic and winning the play offs is not good

The usual winner of the play-off is the team going in with the best form.

I think the play-offs will be won by one of the two teams who miss out on 2nd place.

Watford are looking highly impressive lately and all their strikers (apart from possibly Deeney) are in good form. Tough to imagine Norwich, with Jerome out of form and Grabban injured, getting more goals than them in the last few fixtures. Especially as they face Brighton and Sheff Wed who both seem to be coasting towards the end of the season.

Yorkshire "Which ever 2 of the top 4 miss out will have to psychologically pick themselves up big time and generally speaking the record of history of clubs just missing out on automatic and winning the play offs is not good "

History books seem to have gone out the window this season!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Watford are looking highly impressive lately and all their strikers (apart from possibly Deeney) are in good form. Tough to imagine Norwich, with Jerome out of form and Grabban injured, getting more goals than them in the last few fixtures. Especially as they face Brighton and Sheff Wed who both seem to be coasting towards the end of the season.[/quote]Over the last 6 games we have accumulated 3 more points than Watford, scored one more goal than them & have a better goal difference of 1.Therefore, on the basis of your criteria, we are currently more impressive than they are and there is no reason why, over the next 3 games, we can''t continue to out perform them.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The usual winner of the play-off is the team going in with the best form.

I think the play-offs will be won by one of the two teams who miss out on 2nd place.

Watford are looking highly impressive lately and all their strikers (apart from possibly Deeney) are in good form. Tough to imagine Norwich, with Jerome out of form and Grabban injured, getting more goals than them in the last few fixtures. Especially as they face Brighton and Sheff Wed who both seem to be coasting towards the end of the season.[/quote]In the last 30 games played by the top three teams (10 each) there have been 21 wins, 7 draws and two defeats. Bournemouth have had seven wins and three draws and ourselves and Watford seven wins, two draws and one defeat. Quite crazy.Middlesbrough have notched up six wins and four defeats. Interestingly, they have lost four of their last five away, the only win coming at Derby, who were going through their bad spell, from which they seem, with players back, to be recovering.

Sorry Bethnal, but Sheff Wed just beat Brentford, thereby helping us secure a play-off berth, which doesn''t really suggest ''coasting''.

All the games in this league are tricky and potential banana skins for all sides. I very much doubt that both Watford and Bournemouth will both win all their last three games - but nor might we.

Us to win the whole thing, Watford to finish second. Bournemouth third, Boro fourth, is my prediction. I don''t say we''ll win it just because I''m a Norwich fan. We really are in a blistering vein of form. Alex Neil won''t let us drop off the pace, I can''t see the Watford boss letting up either, but Karanka and Howe - I''m not convinced by either of those managers. Both very good, but not unbeatable.

Bournemouth haven''t choked all season really, but I fancy them to in one of the final three games.