Sign in to follow this  
morty

Press conference.

Press conference from Colney, first we hear from John Ruddy :-

John: "Last time we were in the Championship, we got up with one game to go and it''s going to be a similarly tight this year. It''s going to be very interesting for the neutrals."

John: "We''re on a roll. We''ve got momentum and confidence is high. We''ve been set up in a way that we know both how to effect teams and how to stop teams. We''ve come through the last few games in flying colours. Everyone''s raring to go."

John: "We got our blip out of the way. The manager has come in and he''s been absolutely fantastic with all of us."

John: "We kept our core together and we added quality. If we go up, hopefully we''ll have enough quality to stay there as well."

John: "If we win three games out of three, hopefully that will be enough to be promoted. We just have to approach the same game in every manner - to try and get the three points."

John: "Every player wants to be in the Premier League. I feel like I''m good enough to be there, as does every player in that changing room."

John: "We''ve got three games. Tomorrow''s is the biggest game of the season. As was Leeds and before that Bolton. That will be our approach between now and the final whistle against Fulham."

John: "We''ve managed to keep ourselves together and keep confidence. Let''s just hope we can finish the job off."

John: "I''ve seen the desire for a number of months. Everyone has fed off the manager''s enthusiasm. Everyone wants to be a Premier League footballer, and that''s our aim."

John: "With the players and experience we''ve got in the dressing room, we''ve got more than enough to deal with the expectation. Middlesbrough are a good side but we''re just concentrating on ourselves."

John: "I''ve been a bit below my own standards this season, but the back four is solid now. With the confidence they''ve given me, I hope I''ve repaid them."

John: "Patrick Bamford has scored a lot of goals but they''ve got a lot of good players."

John: "The club have made another fantastic appointment in Dean Kiely. He''s a great coach and a great guy as well. He''s popular around the place."

He also went onto say that Alex Neil''s attention to detail is the best in any manager he has ever worked with.

Alex Neil talks to the press :-

Alex Neil: "We''re hoping Lewis Grabban is going to be available tomorrow night."

Alex: "Brad gives us a different option and he''s been in good goalscoring form. We''re in good shape for tomorrow."

Alex: "The number of teams involved makes it a bit special in the Championship this season. That''s what makes it really interesting."

Alex: "The fact that we''re at home tomorrow is going to help. We''re in good form in general, and we''ve clawed back a lot of points on the teams around us."

Alex: "If someone wins the game tomorrow night, I think it will have a big impact on every team. There''s very limited time for every team."

Alex: "We want to stay ahead of Middlesbrough. If we get the three points, it will be a huge shot in the arm for us."

Alex: "When you''re at a club like Norwich, the expectancy level is always going to be there."

Alex: "We have good momentum going forward. We believe that we can win every game. The fact that we''ve gone on this unbelievable run has put us in this situation, but we can''t afford to drop any points."

Alex: "You take calculated risks with players. If Lewis Grabban is not right, he won''t be risked. He''ll only play if he won''t do himself any harm."

Alex: "You can''t get much better than this game. It''s what you go into football for. It will be about who can handle the pressure and who performs on the night."

Alex: "We''re a different animal to what we were when we went to Boro. It will have no bearing on tomorrow''s game."

Alex: "We''ve just got to take care of our business. We''ve got three games left and we''ve got to go and try to win them all."

Wes Hooly Fan wrote the following post at 16/04/2015 2:47 PM:

Nice to see JR being honest and admit he''s been a bit off it at times this season.

That''s a great observation on the PC my man, credit to you.😂

Boro have been poor against the top teams lately but I expect them to provide a tough test for us, as does everyone I''m sure. However, our desire, form, players and management is so strong and we are so together now that I just can''t see us letting anything slip. I get the impression Alex Neil will not let us slip.