Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Ed Balls interview - good watch

Say what you like about the man as an MP, but no-one can doubt he really cares for City.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-ed-balls-discusses-labours-9052621?

[quote user="kick it off"]Say what you like about the man as an MP, but no-one can doubt he really cares for City.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-ed-balls-discusses-labours-9052621?[/quote]

I hate the fact this pr1ck associates himself with our club [:@]

Tory mouthpiece reveals himself with less than sophisticated provocation.

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Gnob of the highest order who only ever turns up for a Directors Box freebie. That reminds me, when did Stephen Fry last attend a board meeting?[/quote]

Funny, sure I saw him in the stands away to Millwall a couple of seasons ago...

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Gnob of the highest order who only ever turns up for a Directors Box freebie. That reminds me, when did Stephen Fry last attend a board meeting?[/quote]

[/quote]

Assuming you mean Ed Balls he was in the stands at Blackpool earlier this season with his kids. He has also been seen more than once drinking in The Nelson on a match day although I must hasten to add he is not one of The Inner Circle. [:D]

Some political allegiances coming to the fore in this thread. Waveney would probably have a poor view of Ed too. But if you go to matches in the North near his constituency, you will always catch him with his sons in the main away end. He probably attends more matches, and pay to attend, than some for those ridiculing him here.

He still can''t add up mind!

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]

[/quote]I sat behind him in the away end at Fulham this year too.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"][quote user="Deptford Canary"]

[/quote]I sat behind him in the away end at Fulham this year too.[/quote]

Obstructed view ticket then ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]One of Ed Balls'' heartfelt regrets is that he was unable to find time from work to get to our Uefa Cup away games.[/quote]Mind you, solid as he is on economics, his grasp of our history needs some work. We were not, as he remembers, in the Third Division South (which hadn''t existed for well over a decade) for his first game on the terraces, against Leeds United in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. That was 1972-73 - our first season in the old First Division.

So we have a couple of Trolls (or possibly only one) abusing a genuine supporter - no surprise there then.

A genuine supporter, just to stir the pot a little, who is looking more and more likely to be in government in a few weeks.

BigFish wrote the following post at 16/04/2015 10:56 AM:

So we have a couple of Trolls (or possibly only one) abusing a genuine supporter - no surprise there then.

A genuine supporter, just to stir the pot a little, who is looking more and more likely to be in government in a few weeks.

Aging Thatcherites find it difficult to contain themselves, in so many ways BigFish.

[quote user="Van De Graaff"]BigFish wrote the following post at 16/04/2015 10:56 AM:

Aging Thatcherites find it difficult to contain themselves, in so many ways BigFish.[/quote]

Ah, great, let''s introduce politics into the discussion and, just to start the ball rolling, kick off with an anti Thatcher agenda spiced up with a dose of ageism from a couple of arrogant know-it-alls hiding behind usernames.

Met him at Liverpool Street having been to a home game and had a chat- nice bloke, clearly cares about NCFC. Also saw him at Arsenal away. Quite respect it on the basis that loads of politicians would claim an allegiance to the team of their constituency but he doesn''t.

[quote user="Wot Jimmy Rimmer Got"]Another rugger loving posh boy who pretends to like association football to curry favour with the great unwashed.[/quote]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Curry.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Van De Graaff"]BigFish wrote the following post at 16/04/2015 10:56 AM:

Aging Thatcherites find it difficult to contain themselves, in so many ways BigFish.[/quote]

Ah, great, let''s introduce politics into the discussion and, just to start the ball rolling, kick off with an anti Thatcher agenda spiced up with a dose of ageism from a couple of arrogant know-it-alls hiding behind usernames.[/quote]

Why not? That Ben Thatcher was a complete animal and an ex-binner to boot.

[quote user="Van De Graaff"]Snoots in shock as Ed Balls thread develops political angle![/quote][:D]Ed Balls. Glad he supports City but wouldn''t let him near my copper jar let alone the economy of our country.And that Thatcher was a right old, knackered slapper,weren''t she?! (Just to add a deeper political touch to this thread.)