Sign in to follow this  
xymox

We need to batter Borough

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

This post has reminded me that I''m cooking fish & chips on Saturday, I may have to borrow some batter.

[/quote] TC don''t forget the mars bar for desert, lovely...[/quote]

On a similar theme I see that the latest ruse from our Scottish friends is to make a scotch egg with a Cadbury''s cream egg in the middle instead of a chickens egg. 

& deep fry them.

I''d take a 2-0 win. If we lose I think our chances of automatic are slim at best. Watfords GD might be better than ours after Saturday if we don''t win and we would have to step up our goal scoring in the last 2 games to have any chance of going up auto.

If we concede early or first, I would expect Middlesbrough to do a Wigan and be very difficult to break down, so am hoping that doesn''t happen.

Boro are a decent team - and not just a one man team with Bamford.  Vossen and Leadbitter have have done as well for them as Hooper and Johnson have for us.  Leadbitter has just done the same as Johnson and missed their last 2 games for racking up 10 yellows, so he''ll be as fresh as Jonno, and will be a threat for them.  They''re not going to roll over tonight, they know a win will put them top with 2 games to go.  Equally, if we win, we effectively put them out of the running and it becomes a 3 team race for the line.  Our record against in form teams at home is very good - Forest and Wolves being the most recent examples.  I really hope we go out there in a fearless manner and impose ourselves on them.  We, as a crowd, need to be patient, but positive.  I''m going 3-1...

Good home crowd, a Boro side that don''t travel well against the better teams, against the form team in the league.

2-0 City. I actually think it''ll be comfortable.

I feel quite calm about tonight.

The reason being, we have a manager who appears extremely well-balanced and his tactics so far have largely been very, very good. Even if we concede, Alex Neil makes substitutions sufficiently early in order to change the outcome.

The players will turn up and perform - I just hope the supporters do their vocal bit and perform too. That would be like having a 12th man as Delia once pointed out...

To me this has the feel of a derby match, everything is at stake for both clubs. It will need to be a battling performance with the focus and desire of the derby against Ipswich. Thankfully we have Johnson back who should be ideal for this kind of situation.  I''m confident, but its going to be a heck of a match. 

I think fitness will really be key as well given we have both had 3 games in 6 days. I could see even at Leeds how at times it was laboured compared to the Bolton game from both teams. I''m confident that will work to our advantage.

As for "battering" them. I''d take 1-0 us to be honest. The points are the most paramount thing. We get to play Rotherham after Watford play their game next week, so if it comes to it, i''d rather use that match to go gung ho if needs be.