Sign in to follow this  
xymox

We need to batter Borough

Under normal circumstances Boro would be happy with a draw at CR but I doubt they will consider that will be enough for them on Friday.

My view is we play better against teams that are looking to attack us, if that''s the way it plays out then I think we could win by a couple of goals.

Surely a game which will be crying out for Nathan.

We just need to beat them. The last thing we need to do is play NA style gung ho football because it would play into ''Boro''s hands.

Remember ''Boro also needs to win this game.

It will be tight and it will be competitive. We have absolutely had the toughest set of games recently and come through. It is incredibly hard to win again and again, what we have done to be where we are is remarkable.

We play a promotion rival. The rest play and have been playing some of the rest and outside the top few there appears to be no one who will give our promotion rivals a proper contest. We have to do it for ourselves.

We just need to take it as it comes, it''s as simple as that. Boro don''t seem to have been playing quite as well as they did earlier in the season (well beaten at both Watford and Bournemouth recently), but have still managed to keep well in touch at the top...and we are well aware of what they can do when they play well. It could be very close, but we will hopefully have the class to see us home. That would then put the pressure right back on Bournemouth and Watford, though both have coped pretty well with it so far!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]We just need to take it as it comes, it''s as simple as that. Boro don''t seem to have been playing quite as well as they did earlier in the season (well beaten at both Watford and Bournemouth recently), but have still managed to keep well in touch at the top...and we are well aware of what they can do when they play well. It could be very close, but we will hopefully have the class to see us home. That would then put the pressure right back on Bournemouth and Watford, though both have coped pretty well with it so far![/quote]Its mainly their home form that has kept them in it.

It''s a fascinating match in prospect, that''s for sure. Even with the recent defeats at Watford and Bournemouth, they still have the best defensive record in the division by 10 goals, which is quite something. Karanka has clearly learnt his craft from Mourinho at Real Madrid, but technically they''re a very decent side too. I think if we go at them all guns blazing, we risk being picked off on the counter-attack. Lose an early goal and the atmosphere could become very subdued very quickly; score an early goal and they will have to come out of their shells eventually. I think Tettey will be absolutely vital in front of the back four - Leadbitter scores a lot of goals from midfield, and Bassong and Martin should be agile enough not to be outfoxed by Bamford. Adomah poses a real threat from wide areas, so do we go like-for-like and try to get Redmond to cause them similar problems, or play a narrower midfield to stifle them and make it a tight midfield battle? First goal is absolutely vital in this one, and the longer it stays 0-0 the more it plays into Boro''s hands, in my opinion.

Boro are a decent side and I hope somehow that we both go up - their fans on the whole are a really decent and passionate bunch so yeah, my choice as fellow automatics if possible, not to mention I''m not sure I can stick another season of Bournemouth supporters bleating on with their serious inferiority complex, it''s cringeworthy!. I think we''ll nick this game and Wes will be the key man as the game opens up. 3-2 (Hoolahan, Jerome and this years POTS Johnson).

if it does come down to a shootout between us and Watford over the last one or two games, do we have it in us to outscore them?

they''ve scored 8 or 9? more goals than us this season as it is and by playing 2 strikers up front in Deeney/Ighalo to our one are arguably set up to score more than us.

Would we have to sacrifice a midfielder for another striker on the pitch should it come down to this??

It''s a tie that has draw written all over it [:(] We''ll beat Rotherham and then it comes down to the dreaded Fulham match [:|] The pessimist in me says Norwich will finish on ''Ricardo''s'' prediction of 86pts, then Middlesbrough on 88pts, Watford as runners up on 89pts and Bournemouth as Champions on 90pts [:(] Of course the optimist in me says we''ll win the Division with 91pts [:D]

I think we''ve got it in us to win our home games when we absolutely have to, it''s away at Rotherham that worries me. Winning 8 in a row doesn''t happen often and isn''t easy, so we ought to be looking to win by more than one against Boro and Fulham and absolutely avoid getting beat by the Millers.

93 "Winning eight in a row doesn''t happen often and isn''t easy"

Well that''s true, it ain''t easy getting promoted, especially this year,.

Don''t know if you went on Tuesday but if you had you would have seen a team that thankfully has one hell of a lot more belief in itself than you seem to have.

its pretty frustrating to think Norwich could comfortably win the last 3 games and still not get 2nd if Watford score a couple more goals in their games... cannot wait for Friday now!

First priority is to beat Boro - how many we score is not important, just win it.We are then playing 2 of the worst 5 sides in the League who have leaked a total of 141 goals between them - you couldn''t ask for more than that given the situation at this stage.I''m confident that we have the strike power to outscore Watford in those two games as Watford''s last 3 games are definitely not "gimmies"Added to that, when we play Rotherham on Saturday week we will be in the very handy position of knowing exactly what''s required because their game at Brighton kicks off at 12.15 and we don''t kick off until 15.00.

@MakingPlans

Fulham maybe in the ''worst 5 teams'' regarding league position but make no mistake, they''ve very much underachieved this season and there''s plenty of ability in that team, I''m certainly not taking them for granted. I think what most rang alarm bells there was that ''we should know what we have to do'' - we know all too well how that can work out!. I think the message first and foremost will be simply to win the games, even if it''s by a one goal margin - we can''t afford to drop points first and foremost, and the likelihood is that if we just win the last 3 that''s all that will matter. Both Bournemouth and Watford won''t win their respective last 3 - for anyone who thinks they will, get down the bookmakers and place that bet as you''ll make a decent amount of money on that 6 game accumulator.

Btw, Watford playing Brighton - imagine the irony if Hughton pulls off a win for the seagulls that ultimately seals our return to the Premier League?! Funny old game, football!

We just need to focus on getting the first goal and killing the game with a second if possible. Any extra goals after that are a bonus but in a game against a top 6 side we can''t expect to hammer them.

That said we''ve put 3 past Watford twice so if we play like we know we can it''s possible.

With Norwich I am normally half glass full but for some reason at the moment I am sure that we will gain promotion as our team is full of players who know the pressure of the premiership league week in and week out and that is experience that will be invaluable now.

Do you we see another 2011 being played out with Watford losing at Brighton before we go on to beat Rotherham?

I remember the 4-4 draw in 2005..!

Need a win and nothing less. I''m not negative, but still dare not dream. Watford scored another 3 goals last night and I can''t personally see Bournemouth slipping up now.

I don''t think my nerves can stand the play-offs!! That''s just a lottery, and it''ll probably be the team in sixth place wins!!

Goal difference ONLY comes into play after the final game has finished, so for tomorrow night, the most important aspect is winning the game first and foremost. Both Rotherham and especially Fulham at home will be chances to rack up the goals. But one slip up from either of the top 3 teams could signal goal difference irrelevant so let''s concentrate on getting the 3 points first and foremost tomorrow night. I''d still tak a 1-0 win if offered!

I would take 1-0 of course. Perhaps we are better though as a team always having a massive challenge in front of us. No room for any faltering?

We have witnessed two completely determined performances against Bolton and Leeds. We never gave up. We were dominant. So.....its in our pattern of play and in the evidence that we see before our eyes that will give us confidence.

There are goals in this for Norwich, Boro need to win to have any chance of automatic promotion so they have to come at us . I do feel that Norwich are better when up against teams that are going to come forward, it leaves gaps in behind for us to exploit.

4-1 to Norwich.

This post has reminded me that I''m cooking fish & chips on Saturday, I may have to borrow some batter.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

This post has reminded me that I''m cooking fish & chips on Saturday, I may have to borrow some batter.

[/quote]

TC don''t forget the mars bar for desert, lovely...