Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

Quality post

This was posted on another forum so i take no credit for it, but what a wondefull post

''  The country is going to the dogs and the mps are going on holiday. We''ve had terrorist cowards in London, racist cowards in Liverpool and tornadoes in Brimingham. It''s been a bloody awful summer, and now the rain looks like it''s here to stay until autumn. We''ve had the Gerrard saga, the Essien saga, the Owen saga, the Keane saga and the Rio saga.

But praise be to whatever God you call yours. In just five short days time, the greatest league on Earth will kick off. Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff, Coventry, Crewe, Crystal Palace, Derby, Hull, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Luton, Millwall, Norwich, Plymouth, Preston, QPR, Reading, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Southampton, Stoke, Watford and Wolves. 24 of the finest teams ever to grace the premier competitive league in England if not the world. Clubs which can be proud of an intelligent, knowledgable and loyal fan base that would be the envy of so-called big clubs like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool...

A special welcome to the fans of Crystal Palace, Hull, Luton, Norwich, Sheff Wednesday and Southhampton, and welcome back to everyone else. Let the proper football commence!''

Awesome, let the most competetive and the most real league in the world commence!

Been on the Betfair forum have we Mr Smith?

Good to see that some of the Spurs posters on there reckon that we''ve got a good deal in Marney.

I have to admit that I''m looking forward to this season more than last. The Premiership''s great ''an all but I''m looking forward to real fans & atmospheres, no big-team-bias referee''s and the chance to finally hand out some good and proper spankings.

Just like we did to Man U

Me too. Apart from the fact I can''t watch any games (no one''s heard of the Championship out here), it''s good to be free of the horrible excesses of the Premiership - apart from Francis''s antics of course. Let''s hope he goes today and let the decent blokes - Greeno, Hucks, Ashton - get on with it.

Are we allowed to win the title then refuse to join the Premiership?

From the Munby interview, about the Fulham game:

"Pat Murphy of Radio Five Live sent me a text message afterwards saying ''Your football club has created new ground in dignity in English football.'' We had a lot of letters afterwards on the same theme, including several from Fulham fans which was rewarding."

Exactly the sort of thing that people who only watch the Prem never experience. I hope that we establish ourselves as a Premiership club and keep that dignity intact.

[quote]Me too. Apart from the fact I can''t watch any games (no one''s heard of the Championship out here), it''s good to be free of the horrible excesses of the Premiership - apart from Francis''s antics of cou...[/quote]

...and take the extra £30million? Would be nice!

Sorry but strongly disagree with this.  The Championship may be a more competitive league but you ask any manager, player etc where they would rather be and I doubt you would get many saying they would rather be in the Fizzy Pop.