Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Rotherham Beamback

It''s clear that the Rotherham game will be a huge one for us. Hopefully they''ll be safe by the time we play them so they''re nice and relaxed, possibly even ''on the beach''.

I couldn''t get tickets for this game so wondered whether a beamback would be a decent shout? No doubt it would sell out. A beamback with Chris Goreham''s commentary? Is that possible?

Myself and a friend have a meeting with the club next week to finalise plans for our norwich city fans social club so I will ask that question and get back to you

[quote user="cityangel"]Myself and a friend have a meeting with the club next week to finalise plans for our norwich city fans social club so I will ask that question and get back to you[/quote]Good luck CA – that would be brilliant! [Y]

Any chance of a beam beam back to my laptop?

I''m ironically from up here but won''t be able to get a ticket as I won''t have enough points due to buying on the gate etc.

Might even be tempted to sit in the home end!

Aye, Im concerned about getting tickets as I only have 850 points - if there was a beamback, I would definitely travel over to Norwich for that if I can''t get tickets for the game.

Norwich need to make sure they sell the full away allocation. Only once sold out would any formal announcement of a beamback be made.

Now I come to think of it, wasn''t there some kind of proposed agreement between Championship clubs that allowed away matches to be screened live via some medium or other, but NCFC didn''t sign up to it or couldn''t agree the rights? Wondering whether these rights can be agreed individually, or whether because we didn''t sign up initially it can''t be done?Would be interested to know if/how this affects beambacks – obviously there was no such system in place in 2010-11, but we still got a beamback of the 1p5wich game...

Rotherham may be deducted points for fielding an ineligible player in a game that they won, so will probably be up for this game.

However, as QPR were only fined the season we went up for Faurlin, I think deducting points would be a travesty.

[quote user="Woodman"]

I know its on Sky, so a slightly different scenario, but Boro are advertising watching Friday''s game at the Riverside.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/middlesbrough-boro-norwich-riverside-championship-2402894.aspx

I suspect they won''t bring thousands down for the game - its a long, long way on a Friday night!

[/quote]

Their web site says;

Latest ticket information for final two away games...

Only a limited number of tickets now remain for our final away games of the Championship season.

A very limited number remain for Friday''s trip to Norwich City and these are available from the Riverside Ticket Office. These are not available by telephone or online.

For the trip to Fulham on Saturday April 25, we have around 200 restricted view seats remaining for the game. 

I think anyone who turns down £5 including pie & peas is an idiot.

ive managed to secure a couple of freebies (in the home end) fortunatley.

I dont think Rotherham will get a point deduction, QPR didnt, Sunderland didnt and neither did Blackpool so it would open a huge can of worms if they were punished..

I''ve tweeted David McNally but no response as yet. The club are pretty good with beambacks so if it''s possible (I don''t know the ins and outs of the agreement we didn''t sign) then I''m sure it will happen.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

ive managed to secure a couple of freebies (in the home end) fortunatley.

I dont think Rotherham will get a point deduction, QPR didnt, Sunderland didnt and neither did Blackpool so it would open a huge can of worms if they were punished..

[/quote]

.. but apparently Wimbledon did have points deducted.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/28/afc-wimbledon-three-point-deduction

If we beat Boro, and especially if one of the other teams slip up, I''d be surprised if a Beamback wasn''t at least considered by the club.

From what i''m aware, the beam-backs can only occur for midweek games, and not Saturday games.

That''s incorrect CDB.

"Clubs will only be permitted to broadcast matches played at 3pm on Saturdays in exceptional circumstances as they fall within the ‘blocked hours’ under UEFA regulations."

I would think an away demand that outstripped supply massively, and the gravitas of the game would qaulify as ''exceptional circumstances''