Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Will Bournemouth Ever slip up?

Sounds like the past couple of games they have just about squeezed to victory, highly annoying for us really!

They now have home games against Sheff Wed and Bolton followed by a trip to Charlton on the last day.

Our best hope there is a 0-0 versus Wednesday who have kept 17 clean sheets this season!

It''s really hard to see them messing up at all in the other two games but Bolton did run us very close to a draw so you never know!

We could really do with them dropping at least 4/5 points for it to make a real difference, as that would allow us to nip in steal top even if we did lose a game or draw one!

They are effectively 2 points ahead so them losing and us drawing is pretty useless for us but if they could kindly slip up at the weekend after we''ve hopefully beaten Boro, it gives us a bit of hope for overtaking them as well and then not having to worry about Watford and all their goals!

I am not so sure they will slip up, they are very similar to us, right now, in the respect that they aren''t perhaps in full flow, but are still managing to win.We just need to keep preforming, keep Watford at bay, and go up in second behind them.And Sky Sports would be gutted if they didn''t win the league....

Sky would probably suggest that the top three should go up automatically if Watford and us were to overtake them. They are sooooo in love with them.

I watched the Brighton game and they were very poor and still managed to win. Surely the law of averages must come into play soon, but that also applies to us!

Hahaha I have a feeling that Watford and Middlesbrough fans are looking at us and thinking exactly the same thing. I''d love for us to win the league, but I''d tear you arm off for going up second on goal difference if we need to! One thing is for sure, someone will lose or draw... Out of us three, I just hope that it happens tonight!

It is crazy how all four teams are in great form. However at least one of the four will have to drop points on Friday!

[quote user="birchfest"]Hahaha I have a feeling that Watford and Middlesbrough fans are looking at us and thinking exactly the same thing. I''d love for us to win the league, but I''d tear you arm off for going up second on goal difference if we need to! One thing is for sure, someone will lose or draw... Out of us three, I just hope that it happens tonight![/quote]

It will happen on Friday for sure!

reading hit the bar & had numerous corner towards the end of their match. Bournemouth started making substitutions and manage to pick up several yellow cards. all sounded a bit desparate to me & if the game had been a few minutes longer would have been a draw.

I don''t believe Bournemouth will win every game having watched them against Brighton and keeping an eye on their last 2 games, I think their luck will run out against Wednesday at home - infact, should we beat Boro on Friday that would put them 2 points behind us going into Saturdays game against Wednesday and I would be very interested to see how their players react to that, especially if Watford win tonight also. I think all teams are probably feeling the nerves, but Bournemouth seem to be the team ''living on the edge'' more so than ourselves, Watford or Boro - and sooner rather than later it will eventually end up costing them I think.

I said back in (I think) January that I thought they would win the league. Small, settled squad, had a good run with injuries and suspensions, settled style of play, complete confidence in the manager and his tactics... I can''t see them slipping up now.*coughreversepsychologycough*

[quote user="FCC"]I fancy them to lose at Charlton.[/quote]I hope for your sake you''re not a betting man [;)]

I agree think last game at Charlton to win the league will not be easy. Also Watford at Brighton not a certainty. Neither is City versus Fulham.

I think they will slip up, I really do. When you think, they haven''t really had a blip all season so surely they should already be promoted? It''s strange that they''re only one point ahead of us as they''ve been consistently performing all season.

I''m not sure I rate Eddie Howe as highly as others seem to. He''s a good manager, don''t get me wrong, but he''s absolutely bought into his own hype, that''s for sure. He''s under pressure now to bring it home for Bournemouth, they''re now expected to win the league and even though they have favourable fixtures, I fancy them to drop points, I really do.

One of the top four teams will slip up over the next three games - it happens in a run-in. We just need to make sure it''s not us. A bit nervous about tomorrow but think we might edge it. OTBC.

I have thought Bournemouth would draw their final game at Charlton. And Watford will draw away at Hughton''s Brighton :)

If we win tomorrow I think we''ll win the league as I expect Bournemouth to slip up. All it needs is for them to draw one, and imo they will

The challenge to get into the Prem is massive for all the top teams but for Bournmouht, having never been there before psychologically it is even greater.

I expect them to falter.

Bournemouths last 4 gamesReading (a) 0-1. Not a great performance against a side preparing for an FA Cup semi-final. Scored early & hung on.Brighton (a) 0-2. Very poor performance by their standards & Brighton were at least worth a draw. Two late goals.Birmingham (h) 4-2. Two up and allowed Brum to draw level before half time. Then they got a penalty & Brum had a man sent off1p5wich (a) 1-1. Equalised with 8 minutes to go.OK so they''ve won 3 out of 4 but they haven''t really been that convincing lately.Invincible?No! Can they slip up?Yes!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Birmingham (h) 4-2. Two up and allowed Brum to draw level before half time. Then they got a penalty & Brum had a man sent off[/quote]I think you meant to write that Brum allowed Bournemouth to draw level.There are 12 matches to be played by the top four and I can imagine at least 2 or 3 of these resulting in dropped points. It''s conceivable that Bournemouth have a draw or loss but still finish 2nd behind us or Watford since they have the point advantage plus their virtually unassailable goal difference.

Let''s just forget about the others and hope we continue to win, starting on Friday. If we win that one we will be top of the league and everyone can worry about us !

For anyone who''s convinced Bournemouth and Watford will both win all of their respective 3 games, Hill''s are offering odds of 14/1 - looks good for a certainty, no? ;)

I have a gut feeling that they will drop points in one of the last 3 games. Playing against teams with nothing to play for can sometimes go badly, they will all be looking to put in a decent performance against the league leaders. Fingers crossed one of them turns up.

Need to do the business against Boro first.

I will be gutted if we miss out on automatic, inevitably we will look back at certain results with regret.

On talk sport last night (I know) they mentioned that the Bournemouth chairman admitted that there were a lot of nerves down there at the moment, something Eddie Howe tried to dismiss after the game the other evening, so yes I believe they can and probably will.

However, as always its all about us, all we have to do is go a 3 match winning run starting tonight.

Can''t blame Eddie Howe for trying to deny it, he won''t want to be showing any weakness to the opposition, though I think we''ve all seen their recent games and you get the impression something''s going to give. By the same token, it''ll be interesting to see how both us and Boro react tonight, though I believe once the game settles down we really will put on a big game performance OTBC!