Sign in to follow this  
Yur Gonnaget

Designated "plastics Only" section at Carrow Road

We''ve all seen them - brand new scarf, having to ask the steward where their seat is, mumbling to the cringe-worthy pre-kickoff OTBC, fumbling in their pocket for their Norwegia passport - and I''ve often thought it might be easier for all concerned if they had a designated area in the ground to spare their embarassment and to stop them annoying real fans.

Two areas immediately come to mind. One is the Jarrold Stand. This is the spiritual home of the plastic and, indeed, where thew rot set in. We all remember their rosy cheeked faces as they turned up for that first game against West Ham when the stand opened, clutching their 8 game season tickets in their sweaty palms. I''ve considered this to be an unlucky stand and have often wished we could go back to the mural covered hoardings. Playing in a three-sided grounded has always been cooler.

The other candidate area is the laughable Snake Pit. You know, that bit in the corner which is always empty for cup games because its denizens only go to games covered by their season ticket.

Anyway, in the new "Plastics Only" section "new fans" could buy halfy half scarves, find a sheet with words to common songs and chants on their seats and enjoy all the fun of a day out at footy finally seeing in the flesh the team they pretend to support.

By your definition any new fans would be plastics, turning up with new scarves, not knowing the words to the songs and chants or knowing where their seat is. So is there a promotion schedule for new fans? Or can we have no new "real" fans anymore? Will they forever be Plastics or do they become a real fan after going to a certain number of games in a certain time period? Do they need a season ticket or is the casual ticket their yellow star? In fact, that''s not a bad idea, make all the plastics wear a yellow star (with a bit of green obviously and maybe a ribbon, we don''t want to come across as closed minded and discriminatory or anything like that) that way you would instantly know who need to be ridiculed and abused for pretending to support the team that obviously means so much to you that you can''t bear to share it with any other than the Master Race of pure "real" fans.

1p5swich have stars above their badge and they like to show us how many blue plastic seats they have, is there a connection?

Their fans have been plastics for so long that they''ve actually turned into seats! Really they have full capacity every match it just looks like hte ground is half empty because the "real" fans are dying to be replaced by plastics....

I would stick anyone who thinks they are a better fan than anyone else into a bin and wheel them down to Ipswich and deposit them at the front entrance with a label "not wanted at Norwich" on them.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I would stick anyone who thinks they are a better fan than anyone else into a bin and wheel them down to Ipswich and deposit them at the front entrance with a label "not wanted at Norwich" on them.

[/quote]

Do you think they would keep the bin and send the fan back?

Why have the Plastics only section take up valuable seats with a pitch view? Surely it would be better to locate them in the Gunn Club? TV''s and laptops could be installed so that they have a familiar view of the game. [:)]I''ll don my tin hat.......

The OP really needs to get a job / girlfriend / boyfriend / arrested / sectioned / passport / life / etc.

Pretty tiresome logging on to this site in the hope of some insightful chat and finding this same turd muncher spewing the same tripe that he / she / it obviously finds hilarious.

Perhaps you’ve got one or all of these things already. Perhaps you’d like to show you face / faces this evening. Pre match beer you swine?

I do like the idea of setting up the "Plastics Only" section in the Gunn Club. As for drinkies tonight, absolutely! Unfortunately, I''ll be quaffing mine in and around Carrow Road so won''t be able to join you in your Brighton bedroom. Never mind.

[quote user="Yur Gonnaget"]I do like the idea of setting up the "Plastics Only" section in the Gunn Club. As for drinkies tonight, absolutely! Unfortunately, I''ll be quaffing mine in and around Carrow Road so won''t be able to join you in your Brighton bedroom. Never mind.[/quote]

"Drinkies"! "Quaffing"!

How posh is this guy? I bet he goes to games wearing a cravat.

I keep reading messages about "plastics" and realise I am one of these plastics that people seem to detest and would rather not dirty the good name of carrow road by attending a game... Well just so people understand I have always supported Norwich City, just like my Dad before me, he took me to my first game against Leicester city in May 1981 for my 5th birthday, been going ever since... when either my Dad or later in life I could aford it, unfortunately I seem to have alot of other stuff I need to spend my money on and working shifts regularly work on match days. Yeah I''ve had season tickets in the past (5 seasons over league 1 championship and prem) but I haven''t one now, I''m looking forward to watching tonight''s game at my local, I will however when I can, be at Carrow road to support the team I love... if I am near you and my sweaty palms and flushed red cheeks offend you, well I guess you can f*** off or just stop being an a******* for 90 minutes if that''s possible.

If only there was a law that Norwich could only have 25,000 fans in the whole world. What an amazing place that would be.

Or, just enjoy the game and dont worry about other people - i go to 1 or 2 games a year and I cheer the team on, the rest i listen to or watch on tv... arrrrrh this makes me evil! aarrrrrrrh

[quote user="Yur Gonnaget"]Murderers then down to the ground.[/quote]

How will we recognise you, will you be with your valet?

ha no i agree, i just find it fascinating... what if a "full proper norwich fan" has a sore throat and doesnt want to sing, do they get relegated to the plastics section of the stadium or get a 2 game warning or forced to sing?

The Murderers is too far from the ground for me and their Rum selection is not to my liking. I thought you''d be wanting to drink closer to the stadium. Not in a city centre bar full of post work plastics there to watch the game on Sky... Disappointing Turnip...