Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread

Think I''ve just watched a re-run of the Wigan game - early goal followed by 80 minutes of time wasting.Sadly, once again we had no idea how to break down a solid defence

So Boro, Bournemouth or Watford for the autos.

My personal choice for the play offs would be Derby, Watford in the final.

Poor passing and shooting and players like Olsson having an off day let us down.But it''s NOT all lost. We might get the chance roar the lads to victory at Wembley.

Cheating bunch of C-units.

I hope it''s Bournemouth and Watford going up instead of them. Absolute scumbag d1cks determined to ruin the game from the moment they scored.

We weren''t good and we still dominated them, just didn''t create anything at all of any substance.

Bring on the scum in the playoffs

We can''t break a team down, yeah we had all the possession but that wasn''t in the areas that mattered.

Bottled it.

It''d help if we knew how to something with set pieces. All season double figures on the corner count most games, yet we do nothing with them. It''s got to the point when the ball goes out for a corner, it feels chance gone before it''s even taken.

They are a deeply unlikeable side. But we looked jaded and had few ideas and little quality. Resigned to play offs now but will be cheering on B''mouth and Watford.

[quote user="kick it off"]Cheating bunch of C-units.

I hope it''s Bournemouth and Watford going up instead of them. Absolute scumbag d1cks determined to ruin the game from the moment they scored.

We weren''t good and we still dominated them, just didn''t create anything at all of any substance.

Bring on the scum in the playoffs[/quote]

If it''s the play off''s for us then we need the Boro to go up as an automatic as we would not beat them any time soon.

I''m absolutely gutted. I was so sure we''d win, a draw at the very worst.But there''s no time to mope around with a battle looming and we might still go up automatically if other teams slip up. Stranger things have happened....

Natural Yellow:

"If it''s the play off''s for us then we need the Boro to go up as an automatic as we would not beat them any time soon."

I disagree, they''ve got less than fook all without Bamford, they''re not a good side. I would fancy us to do them. The early goal screwed us today as it allowed than to sit back and defend in numbers, and it was an absolute fluke they scored (although they did miss several golden chances). If we''d nicked the first goal then I wouldn''t have fancied them to get back into it.

[quote user="93vintage"]I''m absolutely gutted. I was so sure we''d win, a draw at the very worst.But there''s no time to mope around with a battle looming and we might still go up automatically if other teams slip up. Stranger things have happened....[/quote]Exactly, there''s three rounds to go for Bournemouth & Watford & they might just get a knock punch.It ain''t over yet.

[quote user="Natural Yellow"][quote user="kick it off"]Cheating bunch of C-units.

If it''s the play off''s for us then we need the Boro to go up as an automatic as we would not beat them any time soon.[/quote]Since Middlesbrough have now beaten us twice with a goal difference of +5, without us scoring a goal, and are now two points above us in the table, with players  such as Whitehead, Forshaw, Kike and Amorebieta on the bench tonight, perhaps the mantra that of course we have the best squad in the division needs to be reassessed.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Natural Yellow"][quote user="kick it off"]Cheating bunch of C-units.

If it''s the play off''s for us then we need the Boro to go up as an automatic as we would not beat them any time soon.[/quote]Since Middlesbrough have now beaten us twice with a goal difference of +5, without us scoring a goal, and are now two points above us in the table, with players  such as Whitehead, Forshaw, Kike and Amorebieta on the bench tonight, perhaps the mantra that of course we have the best squad in the division needs to be reassessed.[/quote]Bizarre, but understandable I suppose. The "..." equates to their Spanish forward who came on for Bamford.