Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

COVENTRY DANGER MEN

WHO WILL BE THE MAIN THREAT FOR COVENTRY ON SAT...
APART FROM.. DION DUBLIN.. MICKEY QUINN.. MICKEY GYNN.. DARREN HUCKERBY.. PETER NDLOUV... KEVIN GALLACHER...KEITH HOUCHEN

Don''t mean to quibble, Zema''s Tendon, but I think Darren Huckerby plays for us... I''m pretty sure I''ve seen him hanging around Carrow Road the last few seasons though, not sure if he''s a fans favourite or anything, or whether he''s ever done anything great for the team like turning a season around and getting us promoted, but I''m still sure he''s at least a squad player.........

(sorry, I know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... but also one of the funniest...)

Oh, actually, I just realised that I don''t think any of those players play for Coventry any more... Sorry, Zema, didn''t read it properly... boy, is my face red...

Richie Partridge and Gary McSheffrey play for Coventry don''t they..? Both handy players and will need to be watched closely Saturday.

Note to Fleming: don''t run out of defence after players, get turned, look like an idiot, and then blame someone else when the other team score. Saw it too much last year and I have a bad feeling I''m gonna see more of the same this year.

Who was that guy with the hair, when they won the FA Cup in 87? Brian someone was it? He had a headband too ...

[quote]Richie Partridge and Gary McSheffrey play for Coventry don''t they..? Both handy players and will need to be watched closely Saturday. Note to Fleming : don''t run out of defence after players, get tu...[/quote]

Keep up, son, Partridge has gone to Sheff Weds... for some reason....

[quote]Keep up, son, Partridge has gone to Sheff Weds... for some reason....[/quote]

...at least I read the thread properley.

And stop calling me "son" before the monkey gets it.

[quote]Who was that guy with the hair, when they won the FA Cup in 87? Brian someone was it? He had a headband too ...[/quote]

Would that''ve been Brian Kilcline?

I remember Gunny getting sent off at Highfield Roads years back for upending Speedie in the box -  Mark Bowen took over in goal and from the resulting penalty Kilcline was so put off by the tiny bloke in the huge goalkeeper shirt that he nearly hit the corner flag.*

*artistic license - it wasn''t that wide at all.

Oh yeah, how about Cyrille Regis, Dave Phillips, Brian Borrows, Greg Downs, Dave Bennett, Paul Williams, Steve Ogrizovic, Trevor Peake, Keith Houchen ... erm... Rob Rosario...???

Good to read some older NCFC fans on here reminiscing.

The old terracing at Highfield Road was always good fun for away days.

Greg Downs, what a legend!!

Brian "Killer" Kilcline had a fantastic hair do, a real Carlos Valderama from the East Midlands.

David Speedie has got to be the uncle of Robbie Savage, surely a family connection!