Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Not as much urgency with the subs tonight

I know it''s easy in hindsight, but why did we leave it so long to bring Redmond in particular on?

The game was crying out for him to come on and it wasn''t until he did that we got anywhere near breaking Boro''s stubborn resolve.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know it''s easy in hindsight, but why did we leave it so long to bring Redmond in particular on?

The game was crying out for him to come on and it wasn''t until he did that we got anywhere near breaking Boro''s stubborn resolve.[/quote]

Disagree. Thought we looked less likely to create somthing after the subs were made. Dorrans should have stayed on.

Strange how opinions differ. Once we reached the hour mark I kept saying we should bring on Redmond. We needed some pace and width

I thought beginning of the second half Whittaker was getting a lot of space to run into down the right flank but doesn''t have the pace to get down the wing and utilise it. The game looked to be one that a pacy winger could prosper in by linking up with him. That suggested Redmond would be a good choice as substitute. When Nathan did come on he didn''t seem to have much of an impact though unfortunately. Only really got in crossing positions a few times and when he did the final ball wasn''t ever quite good enough.Still we move on. Two more wins to round up the season and keep pressure on the top two.

I thought Redmond should have come on earlier, but Grabbs and Hoops were largely ineffective. Wes was making good inroads and unless he was spent, I think I''d have kept him on with one of those two. AN knows what he''s doing better than us, we all have opinions but only his matter.

I wouldn''t have had Dorrans off. I thought Hoolahan worked his nuts off so wasn''t surprised he got taken off. Mistake not to start with Redmond, in my opinion.

I''m always a fan of trying to throw a few punches by bringing your strikers on but unfortunately Grabban and Hooper didn''t change anything.