Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Playoffs it is now then!

Well there''s too many slip ups required now, so I guess we need to prepare for the fun and games of the playoffs and potentially our first visit to Wembley!

Such a frustrating game tonight, never a good thing to concede early to the divisions best defence. Ayala has mugged us off big time this season.

Shame for Alex Neil as I strongly believe if we hadn''t fannied about with Adams this season, we''d be storming this league now. Tonight hasn''t cost us automatic promotion, that losing run under Adams has. I''d possibly go as far as to say the mismanagement of Bassong inflicted what may prove to be the fatal blow.

I guess we have the right guy in charge to navigate the playoffs, so full faith that he''s the right man. I do fear for us if we don''t go up this season though, I can see an exodus.

At least the final two games will be a bit less pressured now, no doubt we''ll win them and miss out on top 2 by a point or something!

Spot on Jimmy, all said and done it was appointing ''the best available manager in Europe'' aka Neil Adams that will be responsible for us not going up if we fall short.

I am telling u lot now.

There was 2 teams at carrow road tonight.

Both of those teams will NOT be promoted to the premier.

Both pants footballs teams and will NOT! Be good enough for the premier

Well this was a big game and I think AN got it wrong second half. Things needed changing earlier, Olson and Dorrans both v poor. Redmond and Hooper for those two for me. M''boro showed no ambition after the goal and we were naive and rushed. Crossing abysmal. Unfortunately AN''s inexperience came through a bit tonight I feel.

It''s tough to accept but we were second best despite our efforts.

I believe Bournmouth and Watford will go up. Watford because of their superior goal difference to Middlesbrough. So we may get the chance of revenge through the play offs..

We''ll have to play better in order to break them down, so let''s see what we can do.

Far better to be expecting the play offs now than dropping into them on the last day!

We know we will be in them, so we can at least plan. Nothing worse than being the team that drops in at the last minute.

As someone once said, "We dust ourselves down and we go again!"

I want the scum in the playoffs. Be it home and away over two legs or at Wembley,but I want them, and I want blood.

Got no confidence in us going up via the playoffs. I''d strongly fancy us over two legs against Ipswich or Brentford. But can''t see us getting past Boro/Watford, Derby or Wolves. I also think we''ll be up against it in terms of support, you can guarantee the atmosphere will rocking at whatever ground we have to visit in the away leg. Will we be able to say the same in the home leg at Carrow Road? Highly unlikely given the place is a bumpkin infested morgue for even the biggest of games.

It''s not over yet we just saw norwich who were on a fantastic run slip up who''s to say watford and Bournemouth won''t slip up to on sat. If they do then it''s game on again

yes and it will be like cup football which does not build up my hopes. It depends what Norwich team turns up, capable of beating anyone but also on rare occasions also capable of slow starts, huff and puff with no end product. The reverse psychology though is very few teams will want to play us

Cottee - you are clearly no norwich fan.

We beat Watford 6-0 this season over two games - why on earth would you have ''no confidence in us beating them''?

We also beat Wolves on aggregate, also Derby, Bournemouth and Brentford We would go into the play-offs with a fair degree of confidence.

Plus, you weren''t there tonight so cannot comment on the atmosphere with any degree of fairness.

It certainly is the playoffs sadly. Hiring an amateur manager with no wins in his career left Alex Neil too much to do. In November we lost to Boro, Forest and Reading and drew with Brighton ... This has cost us more than tonight''s frustration.

The playoffs will be tough - rarely do the best sides go up.

maybe its better to miss out on autos now than losing out on last day. imagine how guttering that would be as fans and players. we can get over it now. lets get ready for play offs win our last 2 and get on another winning run.

Once tomorrows results go the way we expect them to we will all look forward to the play offs. Dont care who we get.

Sorry but the game that cost us this season was Wigan at home - playing a team in the bottom three who had hardly set the world alight and playing absolutely awful football coming to Carrow Road and winning 1-0 was a disgrace - unfortunately it was after the Ipswich game when everyone was on a high after beating them and it was a case of after the Lord mayors show but three points against them would have put us four points above Borough before tonight''s game and a defeat would not have hurt us so bad - when you lose points early in the season people say it does not matter due to the amount of games left but losing any points at any stage of the season matters a great deal - still think if we don''t go up this season we will next as Neil will create his own team and cannot believe the league will be as tight next year but then saying that a lot of Championship clubs are on an even keel now taking into account those that get relegated so yes we could still be in a dogfight next year

if its any consolation, I don''t think even a draw would have been good enough for us tonight....and even if we''d had won by the odd goal, I still think we''d have had a difficult task to outscore Watford.

If youre going into the playoffs , this is probably the best way of going into them ..i.e knowing a couple of weeks in advance.

It would be gutting to lose out on promotion on the last day....and there are still 4 sides below us who still aren''t sure that theyre going to even be in them at all.

we''ve got 3 weeks to prepare for them now, and if we feel fit, even rest a player or 2 to make sure we''re 100% ready when they come round......its not often a club has that luxury.

There is so much carp posted on this thread that I need to comment in protest at some of our so called supporters.

Appointment of Adams at start of season after apparent euro search was a stupid decision. But Alex Neil wouldn''t have been on the radar at start of season he needed to impress in Scot Prem i.e. beat Celtic.

City not good enough for Prem if promoted, no team in Championship is look at current bottom 3 where were they last season, all promoted sides are not good enough.

Inexperienced Alex made mistakes probably for only second time in 16 matches not bad.

Not confident re play offs why, one of the better teams in play offs with excellent away record.

Draw not good enough can''t disagree if yo don''t score draw is best result you can get.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Cottee - you are clearly no norwich fan.

We beat Watford 6-0 this season over two games - why on earth would you have ''no confidence in us beating them''?

[/quote]

BP, you are clearly no ''football'' fan. If you were you wouldn''t bleat on about the 6 goals past Watford as they were entirely down to a third minute (rescinded) red card and a Hoolahan dive for a penalty.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Cottee - you are clearly no norwich fan.

[/quote]

BP, you are clearly no ''football'' fan. If you were you wouldn''t bleat on about the 6 goals past Watford as they were entirely down to a third minute (rescinded) red card and a Hoolahan dive for a penalty.