Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Team/Club Captain

I''ve had a good think about this this season, and I''ve gotta go with Hucks - he gets stuck in, he works hard, he drives the team, and his attitude is spot on, both on and off the pitch! A lot of young players could learn a lot from this man!

im guessing Drury.

Should be shackell thou.

Does it matter?

The only thing a football captain does is toss up at the start of the game. After that there is no role for him.

In cricket the captain has to decide on a batting order or field positions. In rugby and hockey he is responsible for team discipline. In soccer he gets to wear a nice armband.

shacks... he shows leadership qualities already, i noticed last season he was waving the defence up, issuing instructions, pointong etc... our form imporved when he was in the team remember

jas

[quote]I''ve had a good think about this this season, and I''ve gotta go with Hucks - he gets stuck in, he works hard, he drives the team, and his attitude is spot on, both on and off the pitch! A lot of young...[/quote]

Deep in the forest .. something stirred   I entirely agree what you say about Hucks , Evil ,   all last season   he`s been almost spitting with frustration  at the way his crosses have been wasted  by our , so called , strikers  and we all know by now who the chief offender was !!  [ the big F ]   ....   and your entirely correct that he has the  right attitude and experience  to be made the captain , normally I would have chosen a goalkeeper  for this role  , because he`s in  a position  to see how the game is progressing ...  but Greeno  acts as a mute , and barely controls his own penalty area !

Don`t` agree  to what one poster suggests , that being a captain  is just symbolic ,  this would only happen if the manager didn`t make his team aware that they have to  listen and act on the captains instructions as if they were from his mouth .  or get the hairdryer treatment  !