Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Bottlers?

Well, what a depressing Saturday morning, been so looking forward to this fixture & looking forward to following the results today, with us sitting proudly on top of the pile hoping for a slip up from our rivals, unfortunately yet again I''m left completely gutted & bitterly disappointed as we once again choke at the final hurdle, the staff deserve huge credit for the efforts since AN has been at the club to haul themselves back into contention but unfortunately our old nemesis has ultimately returned to haunt us, we haven''t been good enough at home all season & although AN has found away of archiving great results on the road his home record pro rata is probably not much different to NA we simply con at break sides down, which brings me to question our current squad, yes on paper we have a terrific bunch, but in reality something just doesn''t click going forward, look at our two other promo'' rivals & compare there recent performances against Middlesborough each created & scored to secure comfortable wins. Our efforts last night seemed to be almost desperate & relied heavily on a long high hopefully ball into Jerome, who came second best nearly every time, (Danny Ayala? Looked half decent) which leads me to question the mentality of most of the squad in big game situations, I don''t think these players have bottle needed to perform under the ultimate pressure of a one off head to head, Tettey, Johnson, Olson & Dorrans,all seemed almost panic stricken when given the ball. We now have 2 games to maybe freshen things up for the play offs (& or hope for a miracle) at least two of the fixtures will be away!!!!!! Never give up OTBC