Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Bottlers?

Well, what a depressing Saturday morning, been so looking forward to this fixture & looking forward to following the results today, with us sitting proudly on top of the pile hoping for a slip up from our rivals, unfortunately yet again I''m left completely gutted & bitterly disappointed as we once again choke at the final hurdle, the staff deserve huge credit for the efforts since AN has been at the club to haul themselves back into contention but unfortunately our old nemesis has ultimately returned to haunt us, we haven''t been good enough at home all season & although AN has found away of archiving great results on the road his home record pro rata is probably not much different to NA we simply con at break sides down, which brings me to question our current squad, yes on paper we have a terrific bunch, but in reality something just doesn''t click going forward, look at our two other promo'' rivals & compare there recent performances against Middlesborough each created & scored to secure comfortable wins. Our efforts last night seemed to be almost desperate & relied heavily on a long high hopefully ball into Jerome, who came second best nearly every time, (Danny Ayala? Looked half decent) which leads me to question the mentality of most of the squad in big game situations, I don''t think these players have bottle needed to perform under the ultimate pressure of a one off head to head, Tettey, Johnson, Olson & Dorrans,all seemed almost panic stricken when given the ball. We now have 2 games to maybe freshen things up for the play offs (& or hope for a miracle)

I cannot remember when we last had such a run of results as this. We have just seen the best start by a City manager for 95 years.

At some point we will lose. That happened yesterday to a well organised side who are currently top of the league. We will regain our form for the play offs and win.

[quote user="morty"]Twice?I thought, at least, you would have paragraphed it second time around.[/quote]

Sorry oh great one, were you the referee last night? Seem to have very similar outlook one life!

But at least it''s yet another one line addition in your relentless quest for total forum domination

Now Feck Off

[quote user="morty"]Twice?I thought, at least, you would have paragraphed it second time around.[/quote]

Sorry oh great one, were you the referee last night? Seem to have very similar outlook one life!

But at least it''s yet another one line addition in your relentless quest for total forum domination

Now Feck Off

No we are certainly not bottlers. It''s true that every time we have the chance to take a big step in terms of league position, we have often faltered. But look at Bolton, Leeds, Huddersfield even. We dominated most of the match for 70 minutes yesterday. We don''t have the Bamford type player who makes run from a high line, quite expertly.

Boro were cynical, organised, got in front and then defended it like hell. We just couldn''t break them down. We don''t have the means it appears. But bottlerrs means having no spirit. We tried and tried but didn''t have that attacking quality. It happens. Let''s get over it now and win the last 2. Who knows what the table will look like at 5pm tonight.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="morty"]Twice?I thought, at least, you would have paragraphed it second time around.[/quote]

Now Feck Off[/quote]Twice?I thought you would have, at least, been funny the second time around.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="morty"]Twice?I thought, at least, you would have paragraphed it second time around.[/quote]

Now Feck Off[/quote]

Morty look closely there''s a typo for you to pick up on, it''ll add to your c0unt

We didn''t bottle it, we just couldn''t find a way past the stingiest defence in the league - should''ve had a pen and weren''t at all helped by the ref buying in to the antics of their players stopping our momentum at regular intervals.

Maybe It was that we should''ve had a bit more guile, I think I''d have kept Wes on, but we have struggled against sides wholly intent on defending this season and it has little to do with ''bottling'' it.

Not bottlers just humans rather than robots.

Every team loses sometimes and sadly for us it hit us last in a win or bust fixture. The lads have been great under Neil''s leadership we are just left to rue the bizarre decision on hiring a novice manager at the start of the season.

[quote user="sonyc"]No we are certainly not bottlers. It''s true that every time we have the chance to take a big step in terms of league position, we have often faltered. But look at Bolton, Leeds, Huddersfield even. We dominated most of the match for 70 minutes yesterday. We don''t have the Bamford type player who makes run from a high line, quite expertly.

Boro were cynical, organised, got in front and then defended it like hell. We just couldn''t break them down. We don''t have the means it appears. But bottlerrs means having no spirit. We tried and tried but didn''t have that attacking quality. It happens. Let''s get over it now and win the last 2. Who knows what the table will look like at 5pm tonight.[/quote]

Yes you''re right we have achieved some fantastic results away from carrow road, but you''re wrong when you say we don''t have a Bamford, when at Celtic Gary Hopper played a very similar role, we just play a different style of football, probably because so many teams sit back & deny space for the type of player, Bottlers may be an ill choice of words perhaps, maybe it''s more a case of certain players finding it difficult to perform to their best at carrow road in these high pressure matches

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I cannot remember when we last had such a run of results as this. We have just seen the best start by a City manager for 95 years. At some point we will lose. That happened yesterday to a well organised side who are currently top of the league. We will regain our form for the play offs and win.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

That was nothing to do with mentality. We lack creativity in and around the box because none of our attackers have the guile and technique to play a decent final ball which is why just sitting back against us is so effective.

We gave everything all night so I can''t be too critical of the players for just not having enough quality. The own goal was unlucky but one area I would criticize us for is being caught out so easily with simple, straight balls over the top, reminded me of Hughton''s first game away at Fulham.

Sh!t happens, I''m as annoyed as anyone but now isn''t the time to start attacking the players. We''re a second tier side and we have some weaknesses'' we''re going to lose games if teams effectively exploit them!

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]That was nothing to do with mentality. We lack creativity in and around the box because none of our attackers have the guile and technique to play a decent final ball which is why just sitting back against us is so effective.

We gave everything all night so I can''t be too critical of the players for just not having enough quality. The own goal was unlucky but one area I would criticize us for is being caught out so easily with simple, straight balls over the top, reminded me of Hughton''s first game away at Fulham.

Sh!t happens, I''m as annoyed as anyone but now isn''t the time to start attacking the players. We''re a second tier side and we have some weaknesses'' we''re going to lose games if teams effectively exploit them![/quote]

Totally agree we dominated huge sections of the game but up against an organised defence we simply looked out of ideas of how to break them down. I think it emphasised every game by our corners we earn plenty of corners but never threaten as even the poorest team can get organised for them. So for me we have good but flawed players in crucial aspect of the modern game, but I didn''t see bottlers last night even if it''s deeply frustrating as a fan.

No dont think anybody bottled it , in truth we have been hit and miss at Carrow Road all season with far to many points dropped against lesser teams .