Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Play Off's

I am glad you are confident cos I''m not - the play offs are a lottery and should not be in existence finish third and you should go up after a hard 46 game season - remember last year when Derby outplayed QPR and yet QPR won 1-0 - would not put my money on City winning the play offs cos like I said they are a lottery

That''s the spirit Bomber[;)]

We need to win our last two games and then if it''s not enough we will go into the play-offs all guns blazing. We have time to get this out of our system. Must be worse if the disappointing defeat happens in the last game.

I know its looking quite far ahead and we may not even get there (or need to, a miracle occurs!) but any ideas how ticketing would work for Wembley? Derby and QPR gof 37,000 each last year, I''m a member with 1,050 points and having waited years to see Norwich at Wembley it would kill me to miss out...

FAO Bomber and all the other plastics that only turn up on here once every blue moon to project a doom laden forecast but never post when things are going well...

I am very confident. As Eddie''s just mentioned, let''s be happy this isn''t the last game as dropping into the playoffs then would of course be seriously demoralising. We have time to get this defeat out of our system, and if we play like we did last night (bar the first 5 minutes) we''ll storm the PO''s. Despite the result, I don''t expect us to play like that again and lose - we absolutely tore Boro a new one, and that was a freak result no question. OTBC!

I hope Iam wrong but I cannot see the other teams around us messing up (I hope they do) so it looks like the play offs and fingers crossed. Last night was bad luck and I thought Boro had brought their own Ref, ha ha: Come on the Lads you can do it. We now have a good manager as well.

I am looking forward to the play offs as we will be fine. We were always going to wobble imo. Our form will return for the play offs.

ps there are no plastic Norwich fans. I welcome all who support our club rather than Man U etc.

I also welcome all that SUPPORT our club, Bristol. But in case you''ve not noticed, not all posters on this board are what they appear to be. Worth remembering...

Back to the play offs - nobody will want to play us, NOBODY. We need to cut out the costly nervousness but if we do that, I believe we''ll annihilate every team in our path - some of our play last night was extremely encouraging, we really do have a superb team and consequently we should go into the next few games with great confidence.

After last nights disappointment, I feel strangely upbeat this morning. Pressure is off now and at worst we can look towards Wembley - most exciting way to go up, no question :)

All the other teams want us promoted and out of the way! I am determibned to enjoy the play offs as we have both the squad and the manager to terrify the others.

Agree with this. No-one will choose to play us if they had a choice

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/dates-for-sky-bet-football-league-play-offs-confirmed-2323292.aspx

Here are the dates for the playoffs and an interesting scenario regarding us and the Binners

Btw that is not me rolling over and accepting the play offs at this time, but it is relevant to this thread

Am I right in thinking Alex Neil took Hamilton up via the play offs? I can''t put my finger on it but weirdly I feel quite upbeat now - just imagine it, Norwich v Ipshite in the final at Wembley!. Of course that could be irrelevant, as the way this seasons gone, who knows what could happen in the last few games? 2 wins could be enough, unlikely but certainly possible. I will be watching today with much interest...

[quote user="Alex "]FAO Bomber and all the other plastics that only turn up on here once every blue moon to project a doom laden forecast but never post when things are going well...

I am very confident. As Eddie''s just mentioned, let''s be happy this isn''t the last game as dropping into the playoffs then would of course be seriously demoralising. We have time to get this defeat out of our system, and if we play like we did last night (bar the first 5 minutes) we''ll storm the PO''s. Despite the result, I don''t expect us to play like that again and lose - we absolutely tore Boro a new one, and that was a freak result no question. OTBC![/quote]You really think we tore Boro a new one and that was a freak result ? Boro played us off the pitch first 20 got the lead and decided to sit on it , they allowed us possession and apart from the Howson chance and the blocked Martin effort we created nothing and it was a comfortable night for them .

it was hardly a comfortable night for Boro??.....if the were confident that they could out-football us they wouldnt have had to resort to the underhand spoiling tactics that the adopted.

it would be in incredibly high risk strategy for them to think they could employ those in 2 playoff semis and a final, as either a )the opposition will score against them at some stage or b) they won''t have such a weak ref who allows them to do it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]it was hardly a comfortable night for Boro??.....if the were confident that they could out-football us they wouldnt have had to resort to the underhand spoiling tactics that the adopted.

it would be in incredibly high risk strategy for them to think they could employ those in 2 playoff semis and a final, as either a )the opposition will score against them at some stage or b) they won''t have such a weak ref who allows them to do it.[/quote]Their tactics were embarassing to watch but at the end of the day if you play 90 mins of football and your goalkeeper does not have to make a save all night then imo thats pretty comfortable .

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/dates-for-sky-bet-football-league-play-offs-confirmed-2323292.aspx

Here are the dates for the playoffs and an interesting scenario regarding us and the Binners

Btw that is not me rolling over and accepting the play offs at this time, but it is relevant to this thread[/quote]Thanks for that Crabby.Yes, interesting regarding Ipswich but there''s no way the police would allow any other arrangement. As we realistically aren''t going to finish lower than 4th if we do end up in the Play-Offs and don''t meet Ipswich I can look forward to a nice away day on my birthday [;)]

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]it was hardly a comfortable night for Boro??.....if the were confident that they could out-football us they wouldnt have had to resort to the underhand spoiling tactics that the adopted.

it would be in incredibly high risk strategy for them to think they could employ those in 2 playoff semis and a final, as either a )the opposition will score against them at some stage or b) they won''t have such a weak ref who allows them to do it.[/quote]Their tactics were embarassing to watch but at the end of the day if you play 90 mins of football and your goalkeeper does not have to make a save all night then imo thats pretty comfortable . [/quote]

their goalkeeper is one player in their team?....do you think their back 4 and midfield would consider themselves to have had a comfortable night by backs to the wall defending for 70 mins?....in the second half the crossed our halfway line 3 times.

Their reaction at the final whistle was an indication that he knew their night wasnt "comfortable"