Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

The Return Of Wazzy's Ref Watch

Robert Madley

I was shocked to discover this guy is on the Premier League Elite list. I felt after watching the first few minutes we would get nothing from him, and I was right. Some of the challenges that flew in through most of the game were not good, and the vast majority went unpunished. I felt that we should have had a penalty in the first half - from my view it looked nailed on.

Mr Madley proved to be one of the weakest Refs in relation to time wasting. It is the refs decision to stop the game for injured players, and he fell for the falling over and rolling on the floor several times, and in Bamford''s case twice. If you feel it''s feigned injury play on, you''ll be surprised how quickly people recover. When the keeper went down in the second half I should think the Middlesborough fans and bench felt embarrassed - and still he stopped the game. I lost count of the times he gave us a free kick only to see their player kick the ball away and go unpunished - dreadful. If the penalty in the first half was contentious, the handball in the second half was clear to see. How he and the Lino failed to see it beggars belief. Any player on the floor with their arm raised stopping a cross in the penalty area can only result in one decision. So it was either a terrible decision or poor positioning - or both.

Robert Madley - Poor 2 Decision making (or lack of) was abysmal

I forgot to mention in the Time Wasting stakes that once you have picked up the ball and looked as if you are going to thrwo it then throw the ball to another player to take the throw is also deemed to be time wasting and also a yellow card - but not according to Mr Madley...

You would think a ref on the PL "elite" list would be fully aware of all the time wasting ploys and have a strong and consistent way of dealing with them.  He seemed incredibly naive and out of his depth.

Not the first time he''s missed a blatant handball...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2915587/Bobby-Madley-failing-spot-Jose-Fonte-s-handball-Newcastle-indefensible-error.html

Not the first time he''s missed a blatant handball...

So my question is...

Did the powers that be point out he had made a glaring mistake and try to educate him as to what Handball is?

How does he go on to do more games and still make what appears to be the same mistake?

He was a total idiot.

Even though I dont feel the Wes penalty was borderline (in otherwords seen them given) I assumed he had a better view than me. Looking at his view it looked even more like there was some contact..

I understand the need to stop play with a player injured and in someways if we have the ball we should kick it out. But when a they keep going down with no one around them then why should our player do so.

The one where we had a 4-5 touches and the moved the ball to the other side of the pitch attacking was a disgrace.

I was so narked this morning I almost happy to stay out of the Premiershit just to avoid idiots like him week in week out. (but one for a minute)

Although the Ref appeared unable to control the Mddlesbrough players antics, I can''t help but feel such a cynical anti footballing side belongs in the Premier.

Why is it always Premier League refs that have the worst games in the Championship?

I don''t blame Boro for timewasting. I blame refs for not taking control of it. If the ref allows you to timewaste with only have arsed hurry ups, then you will waste as much time as possible.

I honestly believe time wasting is more damaging to the game than diving, and week in week out refs tell players to hurry up with out actually booking players. Last nite the Boro keeper was constantly being told to hurry up, even in the first half. If the ref books him after the second instance, he can''t do it again, its that simple.

The premier league is rife with it, and it destroys the game for fans. If we get promoted, we have 15 or so games where the opposition do what Boro did

As for inexplicably stopping the game every time a Boro player decided he wanted to be injured, it just stunk of a referee who wanted to be on TV as much as possible