Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Midfield situation

Am I the only one who is a little concerned about the situation in midfield.  With francis as good as a Wigan player.  That leaves us with just Safri, Jarrett and Hughes.  Yes Marney can play there as well, but I would imagine he is seen as a right winger.  Basically that means that, people will play out of position.  Charlton and Brennan will then be asked to fill the gap playing out of position.

Wouldn''t it be ideal to have another center midfield on our books.  Unless of course we are going be using someone like Rossi Jarvis this season.

I think Nige will wait a couple of weeks to see how things go.  Hopefully the Francis deal will go through.  This leaves us with a midfield of Hucks Jarratt/Charlie Hughes Marney.  If Jarratt is fit I think he will play.  Nige might as well wait a bit to see how the new guys perform and then, if need be, get another midfielder in late August

[quote]Am I the only one who is a little concerned about the situation in midfield. With francis as good as a Wigan player. That leaves us with just Safri, Jarrett and Hughes. Yes Marney can play there as...[/quote]

You are spot on Jim - one injury (Jarrett, Safri) one suspension (Hughes, Safri) or an international call up for ACN (Safri) and we will have no cover at all.

A replacement for Damo is needed - the question is who is available, within our budget and willing to come.  Idiakez, Brown, Tonge; 

Any premiership 2nd stringers available for centre midfield?

OTBC