Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

We could be promoted with a game to spare

[quote user="Mutley"]Amazingly it is possible for us to be promoted with a game to spare or to only need a draw v the bogiest of bogey teams on the last day.

Forest to beat Watford - not an impossibilty

Us to beat Boro and Rotherham reaching 88 points in the process - highly likely now

With the above scenario taking place Watford could only manage 88 points by winning all of their last three games.

Boro could only reach 87 points by winning their last two games.

Surprisingly most of us have completely overlooked that we are guaranteed a play off place now which was IMO the bare minimum achievement at the start of the season.

Effectively it would be a straight head to head with Watford IF we beat Boro.[/quote]

I think not

porcupine wrote the following post at 18/04/2015 7:54 AM:

One of the things about the internet is, threads like this are preserved for all eternity.

You don''t need "all" in front of eternity, it just goes on and on see.

This thread is a little quiet. Thought I''d try and spruce it up a bit. How''s the promoted-with-a-game-to-spare plan going?

I wouldn''t mock too quickly hornet. You do remember what the Premiership is like, don''t you?

True. To be honest, I wish we could win the league, take enough money to keep our club safe, and then stop in the Championship.

What''s the point of any of us going up, really?

[quote user="Vicarage"]True. To be honest, I wish we could win the league, take enough money to keep our club safe, and then stop in the Championship.

What''s the point of any of us going up, really?[/quote]

What a stupid thing to say...

Actually I said something similar before the game last night, the Championship is fun but Premier League is like last night''s game repeated for 19 home games a season

[:D]The first season is great if you can keep the promotion momentum going. It starts wearing thin after that. The really major thing for clubs like ours is the bank balance. So long as you don''t spunk it all on expensive mercenaries/overpriced rubbish.

Welcome Vicarage

As I started the thread in a moment of wild optimism do you think that you will hold your nerve and keep in the top two from now on?

[quote user="Mutley"]Welcome Vicarage

As I started the thread in a moment of wild optimism do you think that you will hold your nerve and keep in the top two from now on?[/quote]

Yes, is the simple answer. If we do mess up, I don''t think it will be because of nerves. We''ve had some truly shocking refereeing this season - probably the worst I can remember, and I honestly believe that this is the only way that we can be stopped.

Our manager is very level headed (almost emotionless!) and we have more than our fair share of leaders on the pitch.

Our squad is so large and of high strength/quality throughout that we''ve been able to rest all of our players at different times throughout the season, which means they haven''t played nearly so often as our opponents. It isn''t any coincidence that we seem to be getting stronger towards the end of the season, whereas small squads like Bournemouth seem to be struggling to maintain their performance levels.

Without being disrespectful to Brighton and Wednesday, I think Watford have to be favourites to win both games.