Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

We could be promoted with a game to spare

Amazingly it is possible for us to be promoted with a game to spare or to only need a draw v the bogiest of bogey teams on the last day.

Forest to beat Watford - not an impossibilty

Us to beat Boro and Rotherham reaching 88 points in the process - highly likely now

With the above scenario taking place Watford could only manage 88 points by winning all of their last three games.

Boro could only reach 87 points by winning their last two games.

Surprisingly most of us have completely overlooked that we are guaranteed a play off place now which was IMO the bare minimum achievement at the start of the season.

Effectively it would be a straight head to head with Watford IF we beat Boro.

Notts Forest have nothing to play for, they will be gutted missing out on the play offs.

Watford by 2 clear goals

At this stage of the season every round of games will make a difference to possible contenders. The pressure is on Watford tomorrow. And if we beat Boro on Friday the pressure will be cranked right up on Watford and Bournemouth.

[quote user="Mutley"]Amazingly it is possible for us to be promoted with a game to spare or to only need a draw v the bogiest of bogey teams on the last day.

Us to beat Boro and Rotherham reaching 88 points in the process - highly likely now

With the above scenario taking place Watford could only manage 88 points by winning all of their last three games.

Surprisingly most of us have completely overlooked that we are guaranteed a play off place now which was IMO the bare minimum achievement at the start of the season.

Effectively it would be a straight head to head with Watford IF we beat Boro.[/quote]A lot of ifs in there. Here is another sceaanrio. Lose friday and we are in trouble. :-(

[quote user="E I E I E I O"][quote user="Mutley"]Amazingly it is possible for us to be promoted with a game to spare or to only need a draw v the bogiest of bogey teams on the last day.

Effectively it would be a straight head to head with Watford IF we beat Boro.[/quote]A lot of ifs in there. Here is another sceaanrio. Lose friday and we are in trouble. :-([/quote]

That''s the spirit. [Y]

[quote user="E I E I E I O"][quote user="Mutley"]Amazingly it is possible for us to be promoted with a game to spare or to only need a draw v the bogiest of bogey teams on the last day.

Effectively it would be a straight head to head with Watford IF we beat Boro.[/quote]A lot of ifs in there. Here is another sceaanrio. Lose friday and we are in trouble. :-([/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpshvvmykzp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpshvvmykzp.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I agree, there is sure to be some twists and a shock along the game like when Cardiff lost at home to Boro to allow us to go up at Pompey.

I cannot believe that all four teams will continue to win every game until the end of the season apart from possibly Bournemouth although they have hardly been convincing in the past two games. Obviously us and Boro can''t as we play each other!

Forest will be desperate to show they are better than recent form suggests, and should be up for it - they beat boro there not long ago and are capable of raising their game. Imo it is also a game Akpom will want to show up in, too - I''m not sure he''s done much since his loan started.

I did wonder whether we could clinch promotion at Rotherham if we beat Boro.

But we need to play better than we did tonight ( just back from the game....live near Leeds). We were ragged for the first half. Dorrans and Redmond misplaced crosses and passes. We were the better team but perhaps a bit nervy. I agree other teams may falter.

Friday night is the crux I reckon. Plus Forest tomorrow!

We just need to concentrate on our own game and let the rest worry about what we''re up to. Boro have been a bit odd this season, fantastic on their day, but were recently very iffy at Bournemouth and Watford, so let''s hope they are against us, too!

[quote user="daly"]

Notts Forest have nothing to play for, they will be gutted missing out on the play offs.

Watford by 2 clear goals

[/quote]

Up until tonight I thought that Watford away at Forest would be a toughie but I just had a quick look over at one of the Forest forums and they''re mostly convinced that Watford will tonk them. Forest fans feeling pretty sorry for themselves and disinterested. Apparently Forest will be ringing the changes and playing two or three younger players. The pressure is on Watford after tonight to get a win. Unfortunately, if the Forest fans attitude accurately reflects the way the team has been playing they''ll probably do it.

I don''t see Bournemouth or Watford dropping points against the teams they have got left. Forrest game is best chance.

The pressure IS on Watford... not only to win their games but to win them by a convincing margin. They can''t settle for a 1-0 win against Forest, they''ll have to go for more. This MAY allow Forest to take advantage, if they[re savvy enough !!

I can see Bournemouth having trouble in their last match away to Charlton, who have turned their season around and are in impressive form at the moment.

The experts at Talksport have confirmed we''re going up in top 2 so must be right then!  http://talksport.com/football/201415-football-league-championship-table-it-stands-and-predicted-final-positions

I fear that the only winners on Friday could now be Bournemouth and Watford if we only draw.

What an incredibly exiting end to the season!

It''s possible that we could go into injury time on the last day needing another goal to go up with a win wrapped up as I have a horrible feeling it could down to goal difference.

Middlesbrough HAVE to win on Friday night.

With Bournemouth and Watford showing no let up, a draw now suits neither side. And with a significantly inferior goal difference, it certainly suits Borough far less than Norwich.

It is quite astonishing that even with three wins tagged onto City''s recent results, that they can still miss out on the autos.

It''s because we are norwich fans we can''t see Bournemouth and Watford dropping points.

I bet Watford and Bournemouth fans are thinking the same about us.

We are top of the form table. We have the momentum. We have the place over Watford. More pressure is on those 2 teams. We''ve been there and done what 3 promotions in 10 seasons? Twice in the championship.

I believe most pressure is on Bournemouth and Watford most of them players have never been in this position and time will tell

That is dead right Alartz. It seems every prediction has Bournemouth going up automatically but just one draw and they could be third. 
With fewer and fewer games to go the margins will get smaller and smaller. A dodgy penalty, a sending off, a goal against the run of play and a win becomes a draw and that''s the autos down the toilet. If we (or anyone else) wins their last three games I think that will be enough. Someone has to drop points sooner or later don''t they?!

Agree with these two posts. Nothing is certain even with only three games to go, far from it in fact. Any two of the top four could win an automatic slot and any two of the top four could find themselves in the play-offs and that of course includes Bournemouth.

[quote user="alartz"]It''s because we are norwich fans we can''t see Bournemouth and Watford dropping points.

I bet Watford and Bournemouth fans are thinking the same about us.

We are top of the form table. [/quote]I totally agree - it''s only natural to think your rival contenders are much better than us and won''t slip up. There are basically 9 matches left that matter - doubt if all those will be wins. The Championship this season has been full of surprise results for all the relevant teams and the last 9 won''t be any different.Last 6 matches (overall)

GPWDLGFGAGDPts

Norwich City

+8

Bournemouth

+8

Watford

+7

Ipswich Town

+4

Wolverhampton

+5

Middlesbrough

Brentford

+3

Charlton

+3

Huddersfield

Blackburn

+3

Derby County

+3

Millwall

Birmingham City

Cardiff City

Sheffield Wed

Bolton

+1

Fulham

Brighton & Hove

Leeds Utd

Nottm Forest

Rotherham

Reading

Blackpool

Wigan Athletic

Well, either way, I can''t help but notice that Bournemouth and Watford are banging in goals for fun. Every chance of those two and us winning our last few games, but I don''t think our goal difference is going to be enough.

This is too much to take. I''m putting my head in the sand. Some one wake me up on 2 May!!!

In all honesty, recent form of the top four sides is irrelevant as they are all picking up points for fun.

It''s now a 270 minute crapshoot, and hopefully Norwich hold a marginal advantage going into this as they have Alex Neil throwing the dice.

I can''t see where Watford or Bournemouth are going to slip up so unless we can rack some goals up against Boro I think it will be the playoffs for us.

Then I hope we finish 4th as Ipswich look like they will sneak into 6th and we don''t want to meet them until the final. So two legs against Derby and Chris Martin in the semis, then the biggest final of all time.

And if at any stage we fail to meet the challenge of any part of this script we can philosophically placate our feelings of disappointment with the fact that we just weren''t good enough and the impending excitement of doing this all again in the Championship next season.

Watch this space!

We win tonight the pressure will be on the other two teams, Bournemouth have not really had the catch up pressure, we could be sitting 2 points clear of them late tonight, will they be able to handle that they have to win on saturday as a point would be no good. Lets win our game and put the pressure on the other 2 teams.

Bring on tonight, carrow road should be jumping, nice early goal for us, boro have to come looking to win the game which helps.