Sign in to follow this  
T07

Fans squad number

About 5 years ago I went to see Besiktas play in Istanbul. I was intrigued to see that they had dedicated the number 12 to the fans. It seemed a good gesture, so i suggested it to the club. Not suprisingly I never got a reply, but a couple of years ago it bacame quite popular with the clubs and I''m sure I''m not imagining the fact that we followed suit.It seems to have gone. Is my memory decieveing me or was that the case, and if so.....are we no longer worthy, Worthy?

it was rediculous! like that competiton some teams had 2 or 3 years ago where u could of won a contract with your club for a year and train with them etc... your never likely to get a game.. Preston had this chap listed in their squad in the programme and everything.

but having "13 - the fans" i thought was stupid... we know how much of a contribution the fans make to a club by how many bums are on seats every week.. giving them a fictional shirt is not going give them any sort of uber powers

jas

jas - one of our directors had his name in the programme last season (for his 50th I think) and he kicked a ball around before the match.

I was thinking about the fans'' number earlier this afternoon actually...the Lets Be ''Aving You car sticker says Norwich City''s 12th man, which I suppose is the common number for representing the supporters, so perhaps we - the fans - should have had 12 like Besiktas and give Ward 13!!