Sign in to follow this  
MulberryboyNCFC

Young player of the Year

The Football League has announced its three-man shortlist for the Young Player of the Year award.

This nominees for this year''s award, which covers players in all three Football League divisions, are Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons), Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough) and Nathan Redmond (Norwich City).

The winner will be announced on Sunday at the 10th annual Football League Awards.

Previous Winners:

2014: Will Hughes (Derby County)

2013: Thomas Ince (Blackpool)

2012: Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

2011: Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)

2010: Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace)

2009: Fabian Delph (Leeds United)

2008: Michael Kightly (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

2007: Gareth Bale (Southampton)

Bamford will win it by a country mile. I''m a bit surprised Redmond made it to the final to be honest, given how much he''s been put on the bench

Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons), Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough) and Nathan Redmond (Norwich City).The only one not on loan to a club is Redmond !

Has to be Bamford.

Redmond hasn''t had the season I would have hoped for. For a boy of his talents he still flatters to deceive on a regular basis.

Really surprised Callum Wilson isn''t the shoe in for this.

People forget though that Redmond was our best player up to about January. He''s fallen out of form/favour a bit recently but he''s still done his bit this season and is much better now at decision making and crossing.

Interesting why so little credit given to redmonds early season form, for a period he was our only threat or even player with ability - comfortably outperforming even BJ on a regular basis.

Of the championship names mention he has more assists and more assists per minute played than the alternatives although his goal scoring is much worse than the strikers (as you would expect) and he is younger than both Wilson (2 years difference) and Afobe (1) while the same age as Bamford.

Personally its a close thing between Bamford and Redmond - while Nathans down turn is no and he is out of the team Bamford had the spell earlier in the season;   youngsters are inconsistent.   Bamford probably gets it for me but Redmond england u21 performances mean that he will rightly push him close. 

Hopefully sooner rather than lately as he is crap. Another English winger with pace and no football vision or end product. He is the most overvalued player in football at present. cash in ASAP, before teams realise he will never be able to cross or shoot. His England U21s performances has got him in this, certainly not his norwich ones.

Is Josh Murphy not on the list?

Because I remember earlier in the season a lot of people were quite sure we should forget about Redmond and have Josh in the team.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I suppose his 3 goals and 9 assists for Norwich had nothing to do with it....

[/quote]

Assist, what a pants stat that is! I am guessing that the player that gave Charlie Adam the other week was granted an assist!

He scored as many goals in one game for England U21s as he has all season for us. Strange given he misses so much and crosses the ball over the whole box, into the stands or hits the first defender.

I just do not rate him at all!

Whilst assists aren''t the greatest stat - the key passes/chances created stat is worth looking at.

Nathan Redmond has created 101 chances for Norwich players this season; the highest at the club and the 4 highest in the league.

He was easily Norwich''s best player in the first half of the season before dropping off around Jan/Feb.

Seems to be a bit of a fashion to knock Redmond lately which is a shame as he has made a massive contribution to Norwich''s season and if promotion is achieved he will be a large part of the reason why.

Exactly Beth. That''s the Redmond I see. I can understand that people take a dislike to a player but don''t understand when they deny seeing what that player does. All those 101 chances seem to be forgotten because the poor crosses are somehow blocking them out.

his the Redmond who set the goal up at Bournemouth ? With a great cut back after skipping past the defenders ? he played well against Leeds last night, as a young player he will make wrong decisions, but the way AN is using him at the moment I think he will learn sooner rather than later, if he is not playing well he will get the hook, or not even start, had he got more of this earlier in the season he might be further ahead, but as the only nominee not a loan player, he should win it.

But Bamford will get it for his goals.

He is obviously a little inconsistent but you expect that from younger players. He has great talent and I think has improved massively in terms of final delivery and decision making, His shooting also seems to have improved as last season he was prone to blazing them miles over the bar.

It is not difficult to reel of points he has played a huge part in us winning- Birmingham at hoe, Brighton away, last night v Leeds are just the first three that spring to mind.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wes was named in the team of the decade though. Great honour and richly deserved.[/quote]Whilst I am pleased for him, I cannot believe they have named Eddie Howe as the manager of the team of the decade.He hasn''t even matched what Paul Lambert did yet.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1_zpshsbwda0z.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1_zpshsbwda0z.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Boro fans on twitter now complaining Wes shouldn''t be in the team as he is a cheat.Bless.