Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Bassong

If there were any doubts in anyone''s minds about Seb''s dedication to the cause then they should be erased after Friday night.

His pure anger at Ayalas play acting late on was good to see, I for 1 am delighted he''s back and showing passion.

the norwich players were back early from half time, boro were nowhere to be seen. most of our players were standing around the centre circle, seb was standing inside it and he was rallying them, geeing them all up. you could see he was really going for it, looking at every player with plentybof shouting and arm gestures. nice to see.

The whole team showed a lot of desire in that second half and it was pleasing to see them play for each other with so much determination.

Unfortunately it didn''t materialize on Friday but I remain confident of us advancing in the play offs.

Having said that, if we don''t, I really don''t think we will lose many, if any, players that we don''t actually want to (except maybe Olsson).

We seem to have a happy and settled side who trust their manager, of whom has his own visions for the club and I feel will be sticking it out until these goals are met. Big players, Johnson and Ruddy, have publicly staked their allegiance with the club and their commitment must have a positive effect on others.

I''m very excited for next season what ever happens in this.

he''s done well since he''s been back.....moreso when you consider he''d probably preferred to have stayed where he was for the rest of the season.

my only critiscism of him would be that he''s developed something of a severe "50p head" since coming back, when up for corners and free kicks?

@GJL I''d argue he''s always had that, always thought he should have scored a few more from set plays. Turner too!

I think something people really underestimate about big Seb is his leadership/organisational skills. It is no coincidence the back line hold there shape better since he returned, him and Martin give us leaders in the back line which we missed without them both.

He has in a way been our best signing getting him back at the club however there must be a slight bitter taste with him having secured Watford a few points while he was there?

There was a thread when AN was appointed asking whether people would have Seb back and I said I wouldn''t have done it, but have been proved well and truly wrong. The guy has been a revelation.

FWIW I agree that even if we don''t go up I don''t think we''ll lose that many voluntarily. In order of likelihood I''d say Olsson, Redmond and Hooper. Can''t see too many others.

However I am a bit worried about who we might bring in. So far AN has not had a proper transfer window to operate in, it could be this area where his inexperience is an issue, does he have the scouts and network to really know who is out there and will improve things? I wouldn''t want him picking up journeyman pros from the Scottish leagues.

And there''s the RVW question.................

i expect a big sort out in the summer no matter what division:

bunn, garrido, turner, cuellar, becchio, lafferty dont seem to be fancied too much.

fail to get promoted and i would expect to see redmond, olsson and hooper wanting a move.

must be a few who have something to prove to, e.bennett, o''neill, vadis, rvw