Sign in to follow this  
nat_canaries

Danny Wilson

Hi, new to the forum but have looked in for a long time. I saw that hearts captain Danny Wilson was available on a free transfer and wondered wether he''d be a good signing, whichever division we find ourselves in next season. A left footed, relatively quick center back from what I remember and always looked good at our current level. Could be good cover or replacement for Bassong and Martin.

I remember him being quality at Rangers (when they were half decent) and being suprised no championship side came in for him on loan when he couldnt get a look in at Liverpool. A decent centre half who i see is being linked to a move to Celtic.

Failed to break into either Blackpool or Bristol City''s teams when on loan there from Liverpool. If I remember correctly he seemed to be really slow so not sure about him. Seems to have improved since he returned to Scotland but that may just be his level.

Thanks for the welcome, and the hugely encitefull video, although like the fozzy flick I doubt you''d see anything like that on the pitch. As he''s releasing himself from his hearts contract, who will be in the same league and possibly challenging celtic, I don''t know if he''d go there unless he doesn''t fancy a challenge and only wants a feet up, easy pay day.

The thing that would concern me is that we already have Scotland''s best centre back at the club, how far behind Russ Martin is he in the international setup? The league is so weak at times it''s very hard to really understand how good a player is.

[quote user="im spartacus"]

I think he is quite happy at Hearts ! in a recent interview he said " everything is wonderful, being here is heavenly" [:D]

[/quote]he also said that moving to norwich would "Never be the Same" and that "anyone can see" that the Hearts fans have "Loooooovvvee, Love all over him" to stay...sorry! :|

He is a very confident CB and never got a look in at Liverpool, since he got a run in the Hearts side has shown great composure and ended up with the captains armband, Alex Neil will know all about him, and I would trust his judgement if we were to sign him, wouldn''t be expensive either, and an area we need more talent?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The thing that would concern me is that we already have Scotland''s best centre back at the club, how far behind Russ Martin is he in the international setup? The league is so weak at times it''s very hard to really understand how good a player is.[/quote]

Scotlands best centre back???? - If this lad is being kept out by RM then best we give him a miss!!!!

[quote user="Watling Eye"]

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The thing that would concern me is that we already have Scotland''s best centre back at the club, how far behind Russ Martin is he in the international setup? The league is so weak at times it''s very hard to really understand how good a player is.[/quote]

Scotlands best centre back???? - If this lad is being kept out by RM then best we give him a miss!!!!

[/quote]

Whether you rate him or not, Russ Martin is currently the No 1 choice at centre back for Scotland, so i hazard a guess that Strachan doesnt see him as a better player. It''s also the point i was making about him as a potential signing, if we are going to sign new centre back he has to be better than either Ryan Bennett/Russ Martin or Seb Bassong, there is no point in signing a 4th choice, if we are going to do that imo we might aswell stick with Kyle McFadden from the U21''s, presuming we let Cuellar go at the end of the season.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Hopefully he''s cut out the silly mistakes from his game! He used to be so careless as if he couldn''t care less.[/quote]
I just remember him making that one mistake.
That said, he made such a big mistake.
Taking a penalty while shouting "save me, save me".