Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Importance of the Millwall game Tuesday.

Blackburn v Millwall.

This is big game for us as a win for Millwall would put them 3 points behind Brighton.

Brighton would then need to win 1 of their 2 remaining games to guarantee safety given their superior goal difference.

Their remaining 2 games are boro and Watford.

Come on Millwall.

Conversely, a Millwall win would put them only a point behind Rotherham, our next opponents, so on balance its tricky to say what we would prefer.

Ricardo,

We have to win our 2 anyway and Rotherham need points no matter what. As above I believe we are better suited to teams that are having a go than sitting back.

Boro the other night was an example of this and many shocks earlier in the season at home.

We really need to tonk either Rotherham or Fulham to make sure we have a better goal difference than Watford.

So that''s a 2-0 loss to Millwall, which puts them 4 points and - 10 goal difference behind Rotherham with 2 more games to play. So a win from their remaining three games will guarantee Rotherham are safe... 2 draws would almost certainly obtain the same result.

Of course this still depends on what the FA decide to do wrt the ineligible player - maybe they are just waiting until the end of the season before making a decision - that way they will know how many points to deduct w/o affecting the relegation places..... just like they did with QPR the last time we were promoted :-)