Sign in to follow this  
Mark .Y.

Hamstrings

Something is wrong with our training, our players are picking up far too many hamstring pulls/strains. I know that we have, reputedly, one of the toughest training programmes around but I suggest something is amiss when we have this constant stream of players picking up "minor" injuries.

This is obviously completely unscientific as I haven''t compared every other club but I would be prepared to bet we are right on top of the injuries league already. It is already giving us a problem for Saturday, hopefully when training is eased down due to the two matches a week regime, this will go away but it has disrupted pre-season and needs some looking at.

Mark .Y.

well, the Hamstring is the most commen sporting injury.

From Cricket to Football hamstring is the most injured in any sport, even dancing

Its just too commen in my opinion, but its quite obvious norwich training staff push the players hard - and this is good, its just sometimes players will buckle, but unfourtuantly this cant be helped and every team has to go through it.

Hopefully injury wont be a big problem for us this year, but then again it is the problem with having such a small squad........

......... worthy?

Several of the players remarked on the firstsession back being "intense".Not smart surely

we have to make it tough to ensure that we are one of the fittest teams in the league.  This may be espcially important because when teams come to shut up shop, we will need to rely on our fair share of late goals.

"we have to make it tough to ensure that we are one of the fittest teams in the league"

It''s about the way you structure the training though, we must be pushing people too hard too early if we are getting this many problems. Whilst I understand we need to be fit and scoring late goals will be important, we don''t want to be dropping points early on because we have a number of players out with "minor" strains.

Mark .Y.

2 seasons ago we were without doubt the fittest team in the division and many points were gained late in the game without which we would have been an also ran. I bet the training was just as hard that year as it is this!  The lads will just have to live with it! when the fitness level is right the injuries will become less and less. If the levels are too low at the start then we will have more injury problems will continue well into the season.

"The lads will just have to live with it!"

Only they can''t just live with it, they are keeling over with injuries and our midfield problems for this Saturday are a direct result of this training regime (Francis excepted). Other clubs are not having this problem on anywhere near the same scale so I have to say again that we must be doing something wrong. The actual level of fitness may be very high but in any training session the key thing is warming up correctly before pushing too hard and maybe we are not getting that right.

Mark .Y.