Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Harry Kane

30 goals this season now, I can''t believe he not only played for us a year and a half ago but was considered a flop! Mad how much he has developed!

Looks such a good player, excellent finisher, scores with both feet, good with his head, looks strong and works very hard up front. I think he will go right to the top. Good to see a young english man doing it for a top prem side too. Pochettino has done well to give plenty of games to young english players.

Wouldn''t be the player he is today without his spell with us.  We made him, basically.  The Chris Hughton finishing school took this rough stone and polished him into the diamond geezer you see today.

I like how Hughton is now playing a striker who hasn''t scored in the last 12 months on his own upfront for Brighton. Incredible.

I can''t help but wonder if RVW might come good in a similar way; he also didmt get a look in because of injury and Hughtons system.... Will he come back into the fold under a progressive manager and come good? I''m certain Neil will have put some thought into the situation.

RVW hasn''t exactly set the world alight at St Etienne either, we should really cut our losses!

@Birchfest

Didn''t get a look in? He played 25 games! I''d love to so RVW come good but a combination of lack of physicality and totally shot confidence (only 5 goals in the league for St Ettiene) mean it seems really unlikely to me.

Don''t think there is a city fan anywhere that would not want RVW to come good under AN, somehow I think if he could orchestrate that then he really could walk on water (Alex I mean, not the wolf!)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]30 goals this season now, I can''t believe he not only played for us a year and a half ago but was considered a flop! Mad how much he has developed![/quote]It''s been over 2 years since Kane played for us. He was loaned to us start of the 2012/13 season, and recalled by Spurs a few months later.He broke his foot in his 2nd game of that season- I believe in a League Cup tie.He''s only considered a flop because;1) People only remember him treading on the ball when clear through on goal, and 2) People only remember him not playing.In reality, he was injured for almost the whole time he was with us.

[quote user="king canary"]@Birchfest Didn''t get a look in? He played 25 games! I''d love to so RVW come good but a combination of lack of physicality and totally shot confidence (only 5 goals in the league for St Ettiene) mean it seems really unlikely to me.[/quote]

Someone''s physical stature has absolutely no bearing on how well they will perform.

Best player in the world is hardly a tank is he.

my memory is hazy, but wasn''t Harry a bit of a last minute, ''couldn''t sign anyone else, but we need a tall striker'' type signing? Was it the same transfer window when there was all the fuss about Craig Mackail-Smith coming? Shows how far the club has come, in signing players like Redmond, Hooper and Jerome.

[quote user="Woodman"]my memory is hazy, but wasn''t Harry a bit of a last minute, ''couldn''t sign anyone else, but we need a tall striker'' type signing? Was it the same transfer window when there was all the fuss about Craig Mackail-Smith coming? Shows how far the club has come, in signing players like Redmond, Hooper and Jerome.[/quote]I might be wrong, but I think the Craig Mackail-Smith saga was in the January 2013 window. The same window we loaned Kai Kamara. We loaned Kane the window before. Jan 2013 I think he may have been called back by Spurs after his injury.In fact, a quick Google supports this. This article was in the PinkUn on New Years Eve 2012;http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/transfer_rumour_mill_norwich_city_bid_for_brighton_s_craig_mackail_smith_in_pipeline_1_1756331I think Kamara was more of a panic tall striker than Kane.