Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Losing v Boro - The bigger picture

Whilst losing v Boro has really dented our chase for automatic promotion in terms of points loss - The manner in which we were beaten could really go on to damage us further.

This could set the template for Rotherham and Fulham to work to in the last two games. Especially when both teams would be happy with a draw.

We''re now going in to these last two needing 6 points to stand a chance of automatic, with the blueprint to stop us broadcast live to the nation via Sky Sports... On a night where no other matches were taking place, may i add.

Let''s hope Fulham/Rotherham don''t exploit this or we could be in for a really frustrating end to the season - i hope AN is going in fully prepared for this scenario.

Sorry, but this just dawned on me while i was eating my cheese and ham sandwich reading the board! :-/

I would not worry too much about this. It is worth remembering the Boro are by far the best defensive team in the league. We have suffered setbacks already under AN and learnt swiftly how to move on.

Must admit I was not expecting Boro to play the game to the magnitude they did on Friday, the time wasting/faking injury etc. was something you would expect in a playoff final in the final minutes. Very smart of them to exploit this early in the match, and it worked a treat.

My concern was more that we were exposed and it was live on sky, in it''s own slot on a Friday night no less! That and Fulham last game just feels like a typical ''why us'' kinda scenario developing.

If Rotherham attempted to frustrate us and got it to half time then you''d have to be pretty concerned for the second half, not just for the goal to come, but for players to remain cool.

But, as you say, it''s probably not worth the worry - ultimately, if we fail top two then at least we know most teams will be bringing it to us in the playoffs.

Saturday''s game was the first time I can remember ever seeing a player take the ball to the corner flag just to get to halftime.They may have done a job on us, but it was hardly inspiring to watch.I sure hope the Rotherham & Fulham expand out a little more. Unfortunately, Rotherham probably need points, so I don''t see them being too expansive. We may be in for another testy 90mins this coming Saturday.

If you were a Rotherham supporter and watched us Friday night, pretty sure you''d be more than willing to watch your team kill the match for a point on the board.

We need to be at them like the dogs from kick off, don''t give them a chance to settle. And there''s no reason we shouldn''t, we''re a class above.