Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

big few weeks for David McNally

He has a Neil Doncaster relegation to the third tier moment coming up.

He said that the thought of relegation from the premier league was a thought worse than death. He delivered a relegation for the club. If he also fails to deliver an immediate return to the promised land with this squad  then surely his position becomes untenable?

Especially with such talented Football CEO''s as Paul Faulkner looking for a new club.

The structure at the club was designed by him this time round as well as the appointments. He will have no excuse for failure this time.

I am more intrigued to know whether David McNally and NCFC will honour the season of Season Ticket when or if it comes to us being in the playoffs - I am obviously referring to the home leg.

A season is surely all the home games from the beginning of 2014 to the final matches of the same season in 2015.

We could be about to see how greedy and disconnected this so called ''our club'' is from us, the supporters.

Where are Cardiff and Fulham? You really think we''re failing?! Relegation can be hugely damaging and he''s done a great job of cutting out the rot, keeping quality players and now installing a great manager,

I think he''s put an excellent appointment in with Alex Neil, no complaints at the job he''s doing.

Whilst i wanted Hughton out after a few months i totally respect that he gave him a decent amount of time to get things right here. I find that wholly commendable, and proud that we give managers ample time.

McNally will screw the hard working honest fan for the playoff home leg without a shadow of a doubt.

I just think Faulkner has man management skills and big prem league club experience that is beyond mcnally

Businessman in supply and demand shocker!!

I suppose Apple should give away iPhones at cost price? After all, there''s hard working honest people buying them in their millions.

[quote user="The Phantom "]Especially with such talented Football CEO''s as Paul Faulkner looking for a new club.[/quote]Lol Waveney!You mean the Paul Faulkner who failed at Aston Villa and failed at Nottingham Forest? He even turned your "messiah" into a loser!I''m just amazed you still manage to get so many to fall for your wind-ups but good luck to you, you are certainly entertaining. [Y] [:D]

I don''t get how you can compare Apple giving away iphones to a season ticket holder getting there full entitlement?

The clue is in the name - Season Ticket, A ticket for the Season. The playoffs are still in this season.

My example was based around a supply and demand business model. McNally is a business man, not charity fundraiser for the supporters.

Everyone knows the deals with season tickets it entitles you to the league games. If the playoffs are a league game then please tell me how many points we get on the board for a win?

It''s a tournament, and is put on at a cost to the grounds accommodating the supporters - you expect this to be free for people already paying discounted ticket prices? Maybe McNally could include 24/7 Pleasurewood Hills access in the close season too?

You could also say that because the team didn''t try against Wigan, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough, we the fans, now have to pay more? Where as if they''d have won we would all be £35 up.

And you''re clearly missing the point regarding the season ticket debate.

To add to the debate > I have renewed for next season. So this season I am a season ticket holder and that rolls on to next year, yet McNally can some how sell my seat in between?

A big few weeks in that he''s probably looking at another massive bonus if he gets us back to the premier league at the first attempt.

I wonder whether it will be bigger than the £350k+ bonus he picked up for relegating us last season?!!!!

A fate worse than death then clearly equals a £350k bonus with the prospect of an even bigger one a year later. Nice work if you can engineer it!

Meanwhile in the latest Canary magazine he talks about us having to ''cut our cloth accordingly'' following relegation and the sadness of having to let staff go and how we are back to the days of, and I quote "counting every pencil in and out."

Luckily for him though most of us Norwich fans are as fickle as f*** and only seem to remember the appointment of Alex Neil and the last 3 months.

A big few weeks indeed.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]I don''t get how you can compare Apple giving away iphones to a season ticket holder getting there full entitlement? The clue is in the name - Season Ticket, A ticket for the Season. The playoffs are still in this season.[/quote]

It''s not our fault that you didn''t read the terms and conditions when purchasing your season ticket so instead of bothering us go and do it now, come back when you''ve finished and apologise to the nice ladies and gentlemen.

I''ve not missed any point, and there is no debate lol.

It''s in your terms and conditions that you agreed to when taking out a plan to get cut price tickets for the season.

I suggest you read up on it and educate yourself mate, it clearly says that season tickets are for league matches played at carrow road, and it explicity excludes playoff and cup matches. It''s the first item on the terms and conditions sheet.

It''s been like this for years and years, there is simply no debate, other than in your head, by the looks of things.

Maybe after reading your terms and conditions that you''ve agreed to on a rolling basis, check the football league in regards to playoff finances.

Money is shared for the net gate receipts (50% of) and this is across all 4 clubs in each division for playoff matches. So this is by far a different set of rules financially for the clubs hosting the matches. The tickets our home supporters buy at Carrow Road would go into the pockets of a number of clubs.

With the £100 you''ve saved this season with your season ticket, i''m sure you can afford a playoff seat if your really wanted to. But don''t let common sense cloud your emotions, please.

Clearly got more money than sense if you agree to a rolling contract without even reading the first clause in the agreement. wish i was there to sell you insurance on it at the time!

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]You could also say that because the team didn''t try against Wigan, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough, we the fans, now have to pay more? Where as if they''d have won we would all be £35 up.

And you''re clearly missing the point regarding the season ticket debate.

To add to the debate > I have renewed for next season. So this season I am a season ticket holder and that rolls on to next year, yet McNally can some how sell my seat in between?[/quote]

Didn''t try against Boro? Surely by being a STH you did watch the game?

Regardless, you sound ever so badly short changed this season - and of course, we all feel your pain at such a disappointing campaign also...................................

Has any club at this level offered the play off home leg for free to season ticket holders?
You also need to read the terms and conditions of your season ticket, which you agreed to on purchasing your season ticket, it clearly states that the play offs are excluded. You have nothing to complain about.

Ginja - it''s against FA Rules i think, see rules 3.5 + 3.6 here:-

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]I don''t get how you can compare Apple giving away iphones to a season ticket holder getting there full entitlement?

The clue is in the name - Season Ticket, A ticket for the Season. The playoffs are still in this season.[/quote]Regular season is different to playoffs- that''s always been my view anyway.Season ticket holders don''t get cup games included either.

1902 I hear what you are saying but as a gesture because he got it so wrong with Adams and we missed automatics as a result the loyal season ticket holder should be given it free

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]I don''t get how you can compare Apple giving away iphones to a season ticket holder getting there full entitlement?

The clue is in the name - Season Ticket, A ticket for the Season. The playoffs are still in this season.[/quote]Have they announced what is happening if we end up in the play offs or have you got your club-beating stick out early?

[quote user="The Phantom "]1902 I hear what you are saying but as a gesture because he got it so wrong with Adams and we missed automatics as a result the loyal season ticket holder should be given it free[/quote]I think you''re missing the most important post on the thread....[quote user="Google Bot"]Ginja - it''s against FA Rules i think, see rules 3.5 + 3.6 here:-

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx
[/quote]If you can find time in your busy day to read this, you''ll learn it actually has nothing to do with the McNally or the club. The rules are clear, and written by the Football League.End of thread.

Provided the away team agrees and we do like wise for the return fixture it doesn''t look like an issue. Let''s hope mcnasty for once will put the fans first

[quote user="The Phantom "]1902 I hear what you are saying but as a gesture because he got it so wrong with Adams and we missed automatics as a result the loyal season ticket holder should be given it free[/quote]
Has this happened with every other club that has been relegated from the Premier League and failed to achieve automatic promotion the following season then? Or even some of them? One of them perhaps? Surely there must be some precedent for it to be such a cut-and dried issue for you?