Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

What an absolute * disgrace

[quote user="flappsfumble"]Aplogies new to this but here goes. Reading most of the above, home and away fans I have to say for 15 - 20 minutes Boro showed what a good team they are, after that NCFC had the majority of the play but could not find the breakthrough due to some good defending, poor decision making, no luck and very poor refereeing. The fact that Boro wasted time and feigned injury was down to the ref that they got away with it. For the first time ever I saw a match halted for a player STANDING UP. We have seen this standard of officiating time and time again this season and it is by far the worst I have ever experienced. If you complain to the FA you get automatic message responses but no additional training etc appears to be provided, and then they expect automatic respect!! Unfortunately you can see they have a foreign manager, but would I like that every week, no, and no I did not enjoy Wes diving. To stop this the FA should review and offending players given 8 weeks suspension. Off to the U21''s tonight for an enjoyable game with none of the histrionics of the first teams.[/quote]

Good post FF!  I agree it was mainly the ref that was the cause of the problem.  Middsbro just took advantage of it. Watching online, I was amazed at how the ref could do what he did with Bamford the second time he stopped the game. Totally inept refereeing.  After that the tone was set. The Middsbro goalkeeper throughout the match took ages at doing anything. I counted thirty seconds at one point where he went to pick the ball up for a goal kick and that was in the first half.  The ref takes the most of the blame for all that.  Footballers are cynical these days - they just took advantage of the situation..........much like Wes tried to do with the penalty that wasn''t.   The stakes were almost as high as they could be for this match - and it deserved a good referee.

Totally agree re the ref.  As I saw it, there should have only been two times when the game should have been stopped while the ball was in play - the one with the keeper and the one when the fat number 10 went down holding his neck.  I think for that one the ref even indicated a head injury, so its inexcusable that he stopped play for Bamford (twice), Adomah and a couple of other times.

Equally, I thought the rule was that the ''injured'' player stayed off the pitch until the ball next went out of play, not just runs back on - sorry, "sprints" back on, straight away.  And to think, it was brought in to stop players from wasting time!

[quote user="Alex "]Now wouldn''t it be ironic if Bournemouth and us end the season in the automatic places whilst Watford and Boro both get knocked out in the Play Offs?! Totally possible scenario as it stands ;)[/quote]

No. No it wouldn''t be ironic. It would be unfortunate for us, fortunate for you.

Are you Alanis Morissette by any chance?

Yes I can see it now.

Watford get knocked out of the Play Offs, having been top with 2 games to go, and there fans turn to each other and say "That was unfortunate"

[quote user="Vicarage"][quote user="Alex "]Now wouldn''t it be ironic if Bournemouth and us end the season in the automatic places whilst Watford and Boro both get knocked out in the Play Offs?! Totally possible scenario as it stands ;)[/quote]

No. No it wouldn''t be ironic. It would be unfortunate for us, fortunate for you.

Are you Alanis Morissette by any chance?[/quote]

Why, you looking for a duet then Elton?

@Vicarage

Genuine question- what do you mean when you say our constant cheating has won us a few points this season? The only time I can think of is the Wes dive v Watford (I''d argue there was a solid chance we would have won that game anyway). Hardly a who load of points won?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you want to see the most blatant Championship cheating of the season look no further than this : -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esmB-1saiKg

What have you to say from the ''holier than thou'' Vicarage[:^)]

[/quote]

I invite you to visit the Watford forums to read the (almost) unanimous condemnation of this idiot. He''s got form as well, which is a crying shame as he''s an unbelievable talent when he''s not cheating.

As for the earlier challenge to find other instances of Norwich cheating, I did a fairly extensive search and was pleasantly surprised. I have to admit that I was wrong - turns out that you saved your cheating for us and Boro, and the rest of the time you played in a perfectly respectable manner - so I apologise for that.

Also, it wasn''t my intention to do much more than tease you about one bad result that massively benefited us - I actually have a lot of respect for any fans that support their local sides - even Luton.

So you have a change of heart after the blatant cheating by Foresreri is highlighted. Suddenly your new holier than thou claim is that you reckon the rest of your holier than thou fans condemned it. Well I doubt that was anymore than lip service. Because you could do little else given the evidence. But at least the realisation that your club were involved in the most blatant bit of abhorrent cheating of the season appears to have made you more genuine in coming here for debate. What a shame you didn''t arrive with that attitude.

I wouldn''t care to look back because since I highlighted it and linked to the evidence your attitude has changed. Suddenly we''re not cheating scumbags assumedly because you remembered your club are. Given the nature of Forestiri''s cheating I''d lay odds he''s cheated more than all our players combined. If you get promoted he will probably be your most important player as he snuggly fits in amongst the other cheating vermin in that league. People in glass houses really shouldn''t throw stones.

Come come, the guy has had the decency to hold his hand up. This banter with oppo fans is great, the big benefit of doing it on the interweb is that it won''t end up in a punch up before everyone agrees that the real bad boys are the greedy PL turning football into a playground for foreign oligarchs, not the likes of Wesley and Forestieri.

The unfortunate fact is that in modern day football no team will be able to claim a moral high ground when it comes to cheating- everyone will be able to pull an incident up.

What bugged me most about Boro was that is was a systematic think throughout the team with clear direction from the management to try and con the ref into stopping play whenever we got a bit of momentum.

I think you''ve put it very well kc, I would doubt there is any team anywhere where no-one has ever done anything which could be considered cheating. Individuals will always do silly stuff on their own (including missing sure fire headed goals from 6 yards when 0-1 down!). Now you can image Karanka''s matchday notes: teamlist, warmup, formation, tactics, cheating options.

Latest news today - Vossen and Bamford doubtful for the game this weekend, and Adomah needs a fitness test

I did say on page 5 of this thread that this could backfire on Boro a bit if this happens. Lets wait and see........