Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

What an absolute * disgrace

There were lots of frustrations about last night, including

1. How on earth we started so poorly, gave away the initiative

2. Gave away an early goal which changed the dynamics completely

3. We had little patience or guile

4. Balls into the box were poor all night long except the one Howson missed

5. Subs too late and wrong. We needed Hoolahan on with Redmond to feed down Whittaker side. We didn''t need Olson as they had no attack by then and he had a shocker

6. Their playacting was the worst I can remember seeing at CR, but we did get 7 mins and we could have played till midnight and not tested their keeper. He probably only went down out of boredom.

The game was there for the taking, that is the biggest frustration. But I do feel we have a good chance in the play offs whoever we play. All teams have the odd bad day, but ours have been quite rare under AN. We can win a three game mini tournament.

Extremely frustrating. I saw Middlesbrough play Leeds a few weeks ago and boro were diabolical and Leeds were made to look like world beaters. Then yesterday boro played superbly for the first 10 minutes, bamford in particular looking very good, they scored, and then they parked the bus. And then the cheating started. Boro players going down pretending to be injured all over the pitch. I think had I been playing I would''ve been sent off, for having nutted the boro goalie for when he went down cheating, or for leaving my boot in on Adam Clayton, possibly one of the dirtiest players in the championship who had a hack at hoolahan every time he touched the ball.

The ref had a shocker and was far too weak. He should''ve dished out some yellow cards for play acting to stop it.

Looks like the playoffs for us. Hopefully avoid a derby with a fit Chris Martin Andy we should be in the final - hopefully against this boro team, and make sure loads of pressure is put on the ref before the match so he knows boro are going to cheat beforehand so he isn''t weak, and then stuff them like the they deserve, bunch of cheats.

I don''t think the ref should have been dishing out cards, just not stopping play - that would have stopped the play acting. Most refs only stop play for head injuries, and the guy we had last night ought to have a think about it and do the same to stop cheating; he was complicit in it by being so desperately weak.

I think that our friend francis has been a bit ''disingenuous'' in coming on here.

No pre match discussion about the merits of each of our teams, just to have some ''bantz''

No mention on how weak the Ref was, and how the game was too big for him.

The undisputable facts are that we have been doubled by Boro, but then we have done the same to Watford (6-0 agg) and taken 4 points off Bournemouth, so stats can be used in any way you care to use them sometimes

We had 20 shots on goal, and the 2 on target, which was down to a mixture of good defending, but also very lucky deflections, a penalty (handball) that would be given 9 times out of 10 elsewhere. We didn''t play to our best, but that was because the ref allowed the game to be broken up with his mismanagement of the game.

Football is a game that can bite you on your arse, and tonight Boro may find themselves 3rd and with season ending injuries to Bamford and Vossen, Lets see where we both are come the start of next season shall we?

It''s games like that and teams like that which are ruining football for all, particularly the kids that watch it.

I coachworks football and over the last few years feigning injury, kicking the ball away and general time wasting is becoming a problem, is it any wonder when they watch their "heroes" doing it.

It was a tactic that clearly they are coached by a continental manager, get the goal and then kill the game. Agreed the ref should have done something about it as all they were doing was killing momentum, it seemed like every time they were under pressure one of them would go down with something.

To see a team head for the corner flag on 70 mins was a joke and the amount of times one player went over to take a throw, look like he was going to take it and then hand the ball to someone else was probably killing 30 secs every time.

It''s tactics, do I like it no, is it good for the game no but why does it happen, we''ll look at the prize at the end of it.

If they get to the play off final it will be much worse I''m sure!!

You are quite right Rich T.

It comes down to the Ref. Once a decision has been made, it is not the time to stand there patting yourself on the back.

I have had quite a lot to do with Rugby Union Referees, and one thing I have always advised on, is once an incident takes place, then keep an eye on the situation for a few split seconds more, to see follow up actions etc.

In football this is easier, with things like throw ins, kicking away after a free kick has been given, but Football Refs just don''t do that, they turn their back on it, or run up the pitch. They don''t WANT the responsibility to deal with it

I doubt they did, certainly the BBC made no mention, but it will be my underlying memory of the entire game, which is not the way it should be. I''d be ''happy'' if we were beaten without the gamesmanship, but they took it to depths I''d never expect us to go.

Well I class myself as a reasonable fan who has watched the game for over 45 years and I will remember this Boro team as a cynical one. Yes they had Bamford injured and Vossen but the general gamesmanship was certainly not something you like to see in the professional game. It was unedifying, spoiling and at times quite spectacular. Boro fans, true Boro fans, must agree themselves. But maybe they are just blind to the chance of the ultimate prize.

Completely agree with Boro being an absolute disgrace aided and abetted by one of the most hopeless refs we have ever seen.

I hope we get them in the play off final and am confident that AN will have one or two tactical surprises in store to undermine their cheating tactics.

Lets not forgot AN and the players since he arrived have done brilliantly, we just need to keep the faith.

OTBC.

As a Watford fan I only came on here out of idle curiosity - but this thread is so hilarious it''s made me sign up.

When I read the original title I thought it must be referring to Hoolahan''s constant cheating.

After his performance against us earlier in the season (where unfortunately the referee wasn''t nearly so competent), I really can''t begin to tell you all how happy I am that you''ve failed. The fact that you think you''ve been cheated makes it almost unbearably sweet.

Thank you all a wonderful night - especially the fans who cried on TV afterwards.

I should add that we also didn''t have the quality to break their obstinate defence. Respect for Boro for that. But not for the way Karanka has imbued such a cynical trait in his team

Well enjoy yourself indeed Vicarage. Guess I will sign up on Watfords forum to make a comment about Deeney......oh no, that would just make me out to be a spiteful idiot.

[quote user="sonyc"]Well enjoy yourself indeed Vicarage. Guess I will sign up on Watfords forum to make a comment about Deeney......oh no, that would just make me out to be a spiteful idiot.[/quote]

I think you probably mean Forestierri (our resident cheating/diving scumbag.), unless you''re harping back a decade to his jail stint. If the latter, feel free - it''s made him twice the player (and person) he was before he went inside. A rare success for the penal system.

Strangest of all is that if Watford and Bournemouth both win today then Boro are still only third and probably unlikely to make it to automatic places.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]watford are the biggest cheats in the whole league with their dual (tri?) ownership situation.......a little club like that wouldnt afford Ighalo in any other cicrumstances[/quote]

Our owner owns one club. Other members of his family are in the same business, but that isn''t really unusual. Sons often follow in the steps of their fathers.

Norfolk sons tend to take it all a step too far, but Norfolk mothers seem to enjoy it...

Igahlo really is something, isn''t he?

In an attempt to bring a little sanity to this thread, basically Boro did a job on us (as I feared they would), they stormed out all guns blazing and nicked a goal and shut up shop. Despite all our huffing and puffing we created very few clear cut chances and those that did come our way we missed.

Turning to the ref/cheating, I have no doubt that Bamford and Vossen took knocks, Bamford was certainly less of a threat after his whack. I did direct quite a lot of ire at the ref when Bamford pulled up with no one near him and he stopped the game, there was no serious injury (evidenced by the fact he was still on the pitch at 90 mins) and there was no reason to stop the game. Bamford could have hobbled to the side of the pitch (it was about 6 ft away) and get treatment.

The GK is a different matter, there was an instruction from the bench, relayed by a sub warming up on the touchline for him to feign injury, the arguement about that time being added on is nonsense as it was a cynical ploy and should have resulted in a yellow card much in the same way as Wes was booked for simulation.

It looks as if Watford and Bournemouth will go up automatically (we took 10 points off those two), so who knows we might get the opportunity to play Boro again in the play off final......

10hickton and any other Boro fan that posted on this thread, taking aside the "sour grapes" stuff, do you think a player should be booked for "simulation" if they feign an injury?. My personal opinion is that going down under instruction from the coaching staff is every bit as bad as a dive in the penalty box and both sets of behaviour need to be stamped out......

I have to say that the referee was the weakest that I have ever seen in watching Norwich for over 45 years!

The poorest probably Tranmere away in league one.

I seek to give credit to a team like Brentfod that thoroughly deserved their win at our patch but last night leaves you with a bitter taste.

How I would love for us to be one up v Boro in the play off final and have players dropping like stones all over the pitch to stop the play.

There is no reason whatsoever for the ref to stop a game other than for a head injury and for some reason he managed to do it on 5 occasions and once for a legitimate head injury although that on first appearance was not overly obvious.

I watched the officials warming up before the game and a boro official came over and had a very chummy chat with them and then at the end did you notice the embrace between the boss and the fourth official?

I would have thought nothing of this normally but wonder after that abject refereeing performance?

Mutley.....I bet you would have loved to have been one up v Boro this season, but it didn''t happen.

Poor refereeing occurs throughout the world of football, not just Norwich..

May 25th at Wembley , is when we''ll take the lead......lets see if you take the high risk strategy of 90 mins back to the wall when that day arrives.

you obviously dont belive you can beat us in a game of football otherwise you wouldnt have resorted to those underhand tactics.

see you at Wembley......we''ll be in the end that''s full.

"You obviously dont belive you can beat us in a game of football otherwise you wouldnt have resorted to those underhand tactics."

Erm we''ve beat you twice this season and put 5 goals past you. How much more convincing do you want that we can beat you ''in a game of football''?

wouldnt count the first game...that was pre-Aex Neil when we had an amatuer in charge.

If we''d had a proper manager from the start of the season we''d have been long since promoted by now and the rest of you would be fighting over only one promotion place.

Am back. Tonight I have spoken face to face with a proper Boro fan who follows them home and away as much as he can. Good banter between us but even he accepts that last night the better team lost.

I am grateful for that opinion but at end of day we did get beat. What was interesting was his opinion of Boro timewasting. He agreed that from 20 minutes on Boro took every opportunity to kill the game. He agreed that the stoppages every time a player went down with a non head injury should not have happened. More importantly he agreed that Boro have played like this all season and he didn''t like it !!!!

No sour grapes from.me as Boro scored and we couldn''t but I like to watch football not timewasters

We weren''t the better team, they were. They played dirty and won with that game plan. It''s an effective game plan and one i''ve never before seen a team stoop so low in. However, I think they knew they could get away from it simply because of the ref. Make no mistake though, we didn''t deserve to win that game, yet we, as a team in the championship deserved a better ref.

I remember Jerome saying around the half-way mark that Boro were easily the best team we had faced all season. No doubt there are some quality players in that team and the opening 10-15 minute blitz was really impressive. That said the gamesmanship did leave a bitter taste- I counted 7 separate occasions when Boro players hit the deck and stayed down. Bamford may well have had a knock but on that second occasion he was 5 yards from the touchline but decided to have a sit down on the pitch. The keeper and Ayala were clearly faking it and even that final substitution Tettey had to basically march Tomlin off the pitch- I saw him have a look at the board then pretend he hadn''t seen his number.

Was it the reason we lost? No, but it seems a shame as I don''t think those sorts of tactics were needed by Boro and it was really disappointing to see the ref let them get away with it.

How you can moan about gamesmanship with that cheating twerp Hoolahan in your side is laughable. Luckily Friday''s referee was less gullible than at our place when Hoolhan''s dive won the penalty that changed the whole course of the game. Karma''s a bitch, ain''t she?