Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Clarification Please.

On a lot of Wigan sites today, they say City have to pay out some loyalty bonus to Francis, before he signs for Wigwam.

Surely this can''t be right, can it?. I mean loyalty and Francis arn''t words which work together well IMO.

If this is the case, then the worlds gone bloody mad.

Maybe its a packet of sandwiches and a can of Lucozade for his long journeys back and forth from London...

Seriously though, if we have to pay a penny to that guy for "loyalty bonuses", or whatever, then I will be upset...

That said, if he does go to Wigan, then the likelihood is he''ll end up back where he started in a year''s time, whilst we celebrate promotion! And the sulking he will do then will be simply priceless! Hopefully he''ll learn some lessons from this, in the end, even if he does it by first screwing us over, then probably Wigan!

Would tie in with comments made by his agent on local radio yesterday who said that he was awaiting a call from Neil Doncaster to sort out a few details at the Norwich end with the inference that was now the only hold-up to the move. 

[quote]On a lot of Wigan sites today, they say City have to pay out some loyalty bonus to Francis, before he signs for Wigwam. Surely this can''t be right, can it?. I mean loyalty and Francis arn''t words whi...[/quote]

I much as I hate to say it, he is entitled to a loyalty bonus as he has not put in a transfer request.

Wiz, if there is such a clause in his contract then our Board should let the supporters decide whether Damo deserves the loyalty bonus... would be an interesting (not so) secret ballot...

Incidentally Wiz, I wasn''t able to post around the time you were laid low with health problems, I trust you''re nearing or have made a full recovery?  

And are we going to have to give MK some off the transfer because there was a sell on clause? I''ve forgotten if there was one or not.

if my memory serves me correctly, theres a 25% sell on clause. although that was payable to wimbledon.... i think we should have to give it to AFC wimbledon

[quote]I much as I hate to say it, he is entitled to a loyalty bonus as he has not put in a transfer request.[/quote]

Francis may not have physically requested to leave, but I think his actions speak louder than any formal request.

Skulking like a little kid and pulling out of games because ''my head is not right''

Was Bryan Gunn''s head right after Francessa''s death? Of course not. But he never whinged once, got on with the job and showed tremendous dignity.

That''s loyality.

There is no sell on for MK, we got Damien as part of their firesale @ 260K. If you''re comparing it the the Davis-Ipswich transfer then he was allowed to move on a free with a future sell-on.

As for a loyalty bonus, if true he should be told to whistle for it. I really hope that it''s not £1.5M as well because that''s far too low for a player who scored seven from midfield last season. Christ you only have to look at Carter going to WBA for the same, Cahill going to Everton for £2M and untested in prem...

[quote]Wiz, if there is such a clause in his contract then our Board should let the supporters decide whether Damo deserves the loyalty bonus... would be an interesting (not so) secret ballot... Incidentall...[/quote]

Anderz: Cheers mate, I''m getting there slowly, although I won''t be going to City games this year.

May I appeal to posters to read Wandering Someplace''s Post on here. What he said about Gunny is so true, thats loyalty Francis!.

Wiz, I would think that if he was due a loyalty bonus that would be something Doncaster etc took into account before agreeing the fee.   I still think that despite (and for obvious reasons) the public stance on the Francis affair, the club are absolutely desperate to unload him. We are clearly never going to get him to declare any kind of loyalty to Norwich and having people like that in the club/squad does affect the atmosphere. It''s no different to any normal workplace, as a general rule once somebody has handed in their notice (which is in effect what Francis has done as he knows full well we cannot afford to let £1.5m worth of assets rot in the reserves) their work declines and you are better off rid of them. He may well be "poisoning" the atmosphere by moaning about training/tactics/staff etc to the newer players and that has to have a detrimental effect. I will be most pleased if this draws to a satisfactory conclusion today and the club can put it behind them, I sincerely hope Worthy has at least one purchase planned, I would personally like to see him bring in Halford and save some money for the January window in case we have a run of injuries in a particular position.

I would also like to see the club put aside a small amount of the transfer money to pay Simon Jordan to visit Francis'' agent, I know he cost Palace last year but it is so refreshing to hear his comments sometimes !!

Mark .Y.

I certainly know which of last years central midfield pairing I''ll remember as a true servant of the club and the kind of footballer whose work ethic and attitude stand as an example.

Step forward Gary Holt - good luck for the season ahead.

Francis isn''t fit to clean Holts boots. He need to learn some loyalty, humility, decency - sadly footballers are role models for many, start living up to it.

you have a very short memory. Before last season, Gary Holt was vital to the City midfield. Francis was as inconsistent as ever and Mulryne was in and out of the team. Gary Holt is no longer good enough to play for NC judging on last season''s form. Really though, the guy was loyal and hardworking, and nobody seems to take into account he nearly died from some blockage in his lung last season. If every player in the squad had the attitude and commitment of Gary Holt we would have stayed up last year. Anyway I wish Holt luck at Forest, and the sooner we can get rid of Francis the better. He is beyond contempt.

Gary Holt is not "crap". He was shown up in the Premiership, he was hardly the only player of ours who was, the seasons before that he was excellent. I hope he does well at Forest.

Re the loyalty bonus - he obviously doesn''t know what the word means and I doubt he could spell it. If this is the sticking point, I hope we stand firm. As for the fee, £1.5m is not bad considering the situation, he obviously wants to leave desparately. £2m would be a top price for him anyway, if we get £1.5 I would be pleased.

[quote]maybe we should just change the name of the bonus to a **** off bonus. Then everyone will be happy.[/quote]

LMFAO !!  except   I wouldn`t pay that  liabilility off in  washers !

[quote]well all i can say to that is i''m glad gary holt''s not here because he was crap[/quote]

Shardy my point was the difference in attitude as opposed to ability .... The question is who would you prefer to see as a role model for younger fans, your choice is Francis or Holt - a mercenary or a true professional with a proper work ethic .....

We hear so many headlines about footballers behaving badly and greed in the game we forget to celebrate the quiet true professionals and hold them up as an example.