Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

Rotherham Pubs

I have never been to Rotherham before so pretty excited to visit a new town for once! Anyone know the drill for pre match drinking other than the obvious pointers on official websites etc??

The Bridge Inn is right opposite the station and actively welcomes away fans - I think a lot of the other town centre pubs declare themselves home fans only. They should be showing Brighton v Watford at 12.15, and it''s about 10 mins walk to the ground.

There''s also ''The Rhinoceros'' which is a little bit further into town than the Bridge Inn, but that offers a place for away fans at Wetherspoon prices as well.My advice would be to simply stay on the town side of the dual carriageway that runs alongside the ground as the pubs on the other side tend to be pretty hardcore Rotherham fan based.

Not 100% certain but i''m sure I''ve heard a story about manhole covers in NY being made in Rotherham. I could be totally wrong.

Rotherham town centre is an absolute hole and one of the few places in the UK i''ve felt genuinely unsafe. I used to live in Greasbrough which is about a mile or so out of the centre.

[quote user="S10 Canary"]Not 100% certain but i''m sure I''ve heard a story about manhole covers in NY being made in Rotherham.[/quote]Nearly, Guest and Chrimes made the famous fire hydrants used over NYC, and the stadium is built on the site by their former factory.[quote]Rotherham town centre is an absolute hole and one of the few places in the UK i''ve felt genuinely unsafe. I used to live in Greasbrough which is about a mile or so out of the centre.[/quote]I''ll give you the ''hole'' part (even if it''s more the people than the actual place that''s the issue), but as for feeling unsafe - you''re taking the pi$$ surely???I''ve lived in the area since being about 5 years old (now nearly 37) and I''ve never felt like that whenever I''ve gone into the town centre, so really not sure exactly why you would. Christ, you''ll have people thinking it''s like being in bloody Millwall at this rate!!!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="S10 Canary"]Not 100% certain but i''m sure I''ve heard a story about manhole covers in NY being made in Rotherham.[/quote]Nearly, Guest and Chrimes made the famous fire hydrants used over NYC, and the stadium is built on the site by their former factory.[quote]Rotherham town centre is an absolute hole and one of the few places in the UK i''ve felt genuinely unsafe. I used to live in Greasbrough which is about a mile or so out of the centre.[/quote]I''ll give you the ''hole'' part (even if it''s more the people than the actual place that''s the issue), but as for feeling unsafe - you''re taking the pi$$ surely???I''ve lived in the area since being about 5 years old (now nearly 37) and I''ve never felt like that whenever I''ve gone into the town centre, so really not sure exactly why you would. Christ, you''ll have people thinking it''s like being in bloody Millwall at this rate!!![/quote]

I was being sincere but maybe ''unsafe'' is a little strong on reflection. To me it always felt as if there was an odd atmosphere in the centre. It''s only one opinion & I only lived in the area for just under 3yrs before moving to Sheff. Cheers for clarifying the Guest & Chrimes thing btw.

Since when did you do enchanting Graham ? No doubt we will literally bump into you in there and I expect you will be wearing your loose fitting teeth swaying both liquid hips and rubber legs not knowing if you are on foot or horseback. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Since when did you do enchanting Graham ? No doubt we will literally bump into you in there and I expect you will be wearing your loose fitting teeth swaying both liquid hips and rubber legs not knowing if you are on foot or horseback. [:P]

[/quote]You never know Tilly.....I might just stumble through the door.You may think I''m not that way inclined but I''d quite like a glimpse of your hollyhocks...[;)]