Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Brighton fan for the next three hours

Three easy points for Boro next week then. Resigned to play offs now, hope it''s the binners in the semi, couldn''t face losing to that lot in the final.

The most frustrating thing is that this league was really there for the taking. Watford aren''t anything extra special. If we hadn''t hired a manager with zero wins on his CV we could have walked the title.

So glad Brighton have erected that new stadium with all those new seats to fill - they are going to need every single spare seat if they keep serving up scintillating football like that.
Good God, did Houghton learn nothing from his slow smothering of this club''s spirit?

My biggest concern is having to play Boro again in the play offs.

I can see us getting trounced by them at Wembley. I hope they get the second automatic if we don''t.

Can you be prosecuted for impersonating a Football Manager, CH would be first in line, to say I''m pi55ed off is an understatement.

Rudolph is correct. Further, the comments on the Brighton message board are a reminder of what was experienced at Norwich. Here is just one example:

"Last 4 home games
0-1
0-2
0-0
0-2
No goals in last 4 homes games, awful team to watch, so slow no tempo in attack, no leaders, no passion
Awful game to watch again."

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]The most frustrating thing is that this league was really there for the taking. Watford aren''t anything extra special. If we hadn''t hired a manager with zero wins on his CV we could have walked the title.[/quote]People really need to stop blaming Adams - WE WERE JUST OUTSIDE THE PLAY-OFFS WITH OVER HALF THE SEASON LEFT WHEN HE LEFT, FFS!! SHUT THE F*CK UP [:@]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]So glad Brighton have erected that new stadium with all those new seats to fill - they are going to need every single spare seat if they keep serving up scintillating football like that.
Good God, did Houghton learn nothing from his slow smothering of this club''s spirit?
[/quote]

Yes, he learnt that he is Teflon as far as his reputation goes and people will love him and say he''s a good manager even though there is literally no solid evidence of that anywhere on his CV. He won this league with a premier league Newcastle squad that played against his style and everywhere else has been drab and poor.

Was a terrible appointment for us and will be for every other club he goes to. He is Glen Roeder with a better turn of phrase.

The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job.

Hughton has the ability that keeps many awful managers employed.His sides always flatter to deceive.  You can leave any Hughton defeat with that niggling doubt that IF the one chance we created had gone in we would have drawn.  Plus of course the fact that the opposition are world beaters.A fair bit of the ball without really threatening ever.Though i do have to say Brighton must have the WORST strikeforce in possibly the entire football league.  Dire.

I didn''t bother to watch it as there is no sense in torturing yourself.Auto flew out of the window after the Boro game.It''s playoffs or bust.

[quote user="93vintage"]The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job.[/quote]

Has he shown himself to be anything special? Watford play pretty drab football, can never assert themselves in games and almost always lose the midfield battle, they just happen to have a decent Championship side and three quality forward players that have dragged them along. They have no discernable style or any outstanding strengths. They''re this years Cardiff or QPR, very average teams that have been hauled up by a few quality players

Not to mention how teams will raise their game against us much more often than they will against them and we''ve done them twice this year. Bouremouth and Brentford play great football, Watford just don''t and I''d much rather have Alex Neil than Jokanovic!

Just going to have a very relaxing afternoon with a beer or two, watching the teams below us thrash it out. It''s especially nice to know that we''ve already got the maximum points that you can hope to achieve.

Come on the Millers...

[quote user="Vicarage"]Just going to have a very relaxing afternoon with a beer or two, watching the teams below us thrash it out. It''s especially nice to know that we''ve already got the maximum points that you can hope to achieve.

Come on the Millers...[/quote]We can still catch you, btw - lose your last match while we win both ours via a good goals tally and BINGO! [:)]

[quote user="93vintage"]The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job.[/quote]In that case how come Watford didn''t pick him at that time instead of keeping faith with Sannino, then plumping for Garcia when they very quickly lost faith with Sannino, and then choosing McKinlay when Garcia became hors de combat?

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"][quote user="93vintage"]The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job.[/quote]

Has he shown himself to be anything special? Watford play pretty drab football, can never assert themselves in games and almost always lose the midfield battle, they just happen to have a decent Championship side and three quality forward players that have dragged them along. They have no discernable style or any outstanding strengths. They''re this years Cardiff or QPR, very average teams that have been hauled up by a few quality players

Not to mention how teams will raise their game against us much more often than they will against them and we''ve done them twice this year. Bouremouth and Brentford play great football, Watford just don''t and I''d much rather have Alex Neil than Jokanovic![/quote]But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan (plus had jobs elsewhere) versus Adams winning the FA Youth Cup. I think you''re being a bit harsh on Watford, they play well as a team and mostly keep the ball on the deck, but I guess we''ll see how Watford get on under him in the PL. Hopefully we''ll go up too which will further enable comparison.

"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.

[quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)

Joka wasn''t on many team''s radars to be fair - the Pozzos just happened to know of him due to their extensive networking. I''m not sure he''d even suit Norwich. We had a team full of enthusiastic but naive players, who needed someone on the pragmatic/dour side (like Joka) to rein them in a bit.

Norwich don''t strike me as the type of team that would benefit from dour. Neil''s a good fit as it is for you. I wouldn''t even mind him as our manager.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)[/quote]Please change the f*cking record.

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)[/quote]Please change the f*cking record.[/quote]I''ll post what I like, I wasn''t even talking to you.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)[/quote]Please change the f*cking record.[/quote]I''ll post what I like, I wasn''t even talking to you.[/quote]Oh please, 93vintage, don''t for a moment think of stopping posting. As nutty said the other day, your contributions are often comedy gold. But I think you surpassed yourself today with this glorious example of shooting oneself in both feet while having them firmly lodged in one''s mouth:"The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the [NCFC] board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job."If Jokanovic was available for us in the summer then he was equally available for Watford. Who passed him over just the three times before taking the plunge...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)[/quote]Please change the f*cking record.[/quote]I''ll post what I like, I wasn''t even talking to you.[/quote]Oh please, 93vintage, don''t for a moment think of stopping posting. As nutty said the other day, your contributions are often comedy gold. But I think you surpassed yourself today with this glorious example of shooting oneself in both feet while having them firmly lodged in one''s mouth:"The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the [NCFC] board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job."If Jokanovic was available for us in the summer then he was equally available for Watford. Who passed him over just the three times before taking the plunge...[/quote]That Watford didn''t appoint Jokanović first time round doesn''t mean he was a bad manager. The point is he was suitably experienced and available when we appointed an inexperienced Adams.You''re just looking daft trying to justify and defend a terrible decision by our board.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]"But Jokanović had won two doubles with Partizan"That isn''t that hard. The Serbian league is as uneven as the Scottish league.[/quote]But he was experienced compared to Adams. If it didn''t work out we could have ditched him and got a manager from the SPL :)[/quote]Please change the f*cking record.[/quote]I''ll post what I like, I wasn''t even talking to you.[/quote]Oh please, 93vintage, don''t for a moment think of stopping posting. As nutty said the other day, your contributions are often comedy gold. But I think you surpassed yourself today with this glorious example of shooting oneself in both feet while having them firmly lodged in one''s mouth:"The irony is that Watford''s manager was probably available when the [NCFC] board threw the towel in and gave Adams the job."If Jokanovic was available for us in the summer then he was equally available for Watford. Who passed him over just the three times before taking the plunge...[/quote]That Watford didn''t appoint Jokanović first time round doesn''t mean he was a bad manager. The point is he was suitably experienced and available when we appointed an inexperienced Adams.You''re just looking daft trying to justify and defend a terrible decision by our board.[/quote]Oh dear, 93vintage. Please tell me you are only pretending not to understand the point. I would hate to think you really were that dense. I never said (nor do I believe) Jokanovc is a bad manager. On the contrary, he seems decent enough.But if as you claim he was such an obvious choice for us (and others presumably) in the summer how come Watford only got him fourth time around after running through three other managers? One of whom was Billy McKinlay, who had even less managerial experience than Adams, but who was lauded by the Watford CEO not as a stopgap but as a permanent choice:“In Billy McKinlay, we have someone with the qualities and experience to

build further on the foundations already laid for a successful season.”A long-term choice that lasted a whole eight days.