Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Ipswich Up To 5th

Not really mentioned on here, but does it change the dynamic of the Play Offs for us?

If the league finishes as it is, we play Ipswich over 2 legs, removing the possibility of the derby for the Play Off final

So would you rather have them over 2 legs or in the final?

Rather have them over two legs could not stomach it if they beat us at Wembley of course we could win but rather not take that chance - think over two legs we would be too much for them but Borough would be a different matter and would rather meet them in the final in a one off game

Meeting them over two legs would favour us more than a one off game when we could get a dodgy ref or a flukey goal

still think this will be avoided.

Ipswich only need a point to secure a playoff place from their last match. Theyre hardly going to go all out for a win away at Blackburn knowing that, so should they get that point, Derby would overtake them with a home win vs Reading....the ideal scenario of course would be for Ipswich to lose and be overtaken by both Derby and Brentford.

would prefer to play them over the 2 legs, so we can beat them 2 more times, 4 times in one season, WOW, seriously too much of a lottery on a one game winner takes all scenario,anyone else in the final please.

Middlesbrough are our nemesis team this season so for us the best thing would be they get the 2nd spot as we blew our 2nd chance at it yesterday. Ipswich don''t worry me, can we play them over 3 games PLEASE!

What a great day in the clubs history if we could get to wembley and beat Ipswich there. Of course there''s also the chance it could go the other way and be the worst of days. I can certainly understand those who arnt sure their nerves could take.

Our biggest problem is going to be if any of the teams in the playoff go a goal up against us, then I seriously worry that we''ll break them down.

We owe Boro massively and i wouldnt be afraid to play them. I would take anyone but Ip5hit. My nerves couldnt deal with that game.

I guess at least we have the advantage of the away leg first.

With our away record it looks like any team visiting Carrow Rd for the second leg will need to get something from the game and it opens up and plays to our strengths ?

Wishful thinking ?