Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Question to the Supporters Trust

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]I felt somewhat bemused as to why none of the Trust''s 700 members had bothered to reply to this thread so I checked on their website and I seem to have found the answer. Amongst their stated aims I found this........ "Although it was an original objective

of the Supporters Trust movement we have no desire, nor intention, of

attempting to put a fan representative on the Club’s Board
"
So, with the Trust effectively ruling themselves out of the running, how should it be decided which two fans are to represent us in the event of a new Labour government forcing clubs to appoint two fans to the board?[/quote]Leaving aside the unlikelihood of this happening...I would suggest off the top of my head that the electorate (with one vote per person no matter how many times a person qualified) should consist of:1) All Norwich City employees.2) All season-ticket holders.3) All non-season-ticket holding members of whatever groups the club has for ticketing availability.4) All members of the Canaries Trust (even if the Trust itself doesn''t want to play a part).5) All members of affiliated or acknowledged supporter groups, such as Capital Canaries.[/quote]Surely the vote should just go to whoever are members of the club,  ie, anyone who has paid to be a member? [/quote]Possibly, ldc, but I don''t know what that means. Does one pay to be a member of the club? I am a season-ticket holder but I have never paid any kind of subscription. If you mean someone who owns shares then, yes, that category should have been on my original list. All the shareholders should have one vote, if they don''t qualify through another category.[/quote]No, I don''t mean shareholders.  Shareholders do not necessarily have to be fans. Members are those who buy a membership.  Most casuals buy tickets as a member (which is paid for as a subscription) and get a whole large envelope of stuff each year with entitlements and offers and I presume  season ticket holders get something similar, and again I assume that buying season tickets automatically makes them members.   It would be straightforward for the club to identify season ticket holders and members and create a format for voting for a representative, based on a shortlist of people chosen perhaps from within fan groups and ordinary fans who can show some initial support - say 10 people who will back their application.   That way you won''t get thousands of people going for it, just those that can show some following already.

[/quote]In that case I covered that with 3).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]I felt somewhat bemused as to why none of the Trust''s 700 members had bothered to reply to this thread so I checked on their website and I seem to have found the answer. Amongst their stated aims I found this........ "Although it was an original objective

of the Supporters Trust movement we have no desire, nor intention, of

attempting to put a fan representative on the Club’s Board
"
So, with the Trust effectively ruling themselves out of the running, how should it be decided which two fans are to represent us in the event of a new Labour government forcing clubs to appoint two fans to the board?[/quote]Leaving aside the unlikelihood of this happening...I would suggest off the top of my head that the electorate (with one vote per person no matter how many times a person qualified) should consist of:1) All Norwich City employees.2) All season-ticket holders.3) All non-season-ticket holding members of whatever groups the club has for ticketing availability.4) All members of the Canaries Trust (even if the Trust itself doesn''t want to play a part).5) All members of affiliated or acknowledged supporter groups, such as Capital Canaries.[/quote]Surely the vote should just go to whoever are members of the club,  ie, anyone who has paid to be a member? [/quote]Possibly, ldc, but I don''t know what that means. Does one pay to be a member of the club? I am a season-ticket holder but I have never paid any kind of subscription. If you mean someone who owns shares then, yes, that category should have been on my original list. All the shareholders should have one vote, if they don''t qualify through another category.[/quote]No, I don''t mean shareholders.  Shareholders do not necessarily have to be fans. Members are those who buy a membership.  Most casuals buy tickets as a member (which is paid for as a subscription) and get a whole large envelope of stuff each year with entitlements and offers and I presume  season ticket holders get something similar, and again I assume that buying season tickets automatically makes them members.   It would be straightforward for the club to identify season ticket holders and members and create a format for voting for a representative, based on a shortlist of people chosen perhaps from within fan groups and ordinary fans who can show some initial support - say 10 people who will back their application.   That way you won''t get thousands of people going for it, just those that can show some following already. [/quote]In that case I covered that with 3). [/quote]And 2).  I was just trying to clarify what I meant by "members", which would be most people who are either season ticket holders or who belong to the membership scheme to get tickets, ie. fans who go to matches.  The other categories on your list are imo uneccessary.

Looks like the ''why not come and join us'' slogan is a one way street as far as football forums are concerned.