Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Alex Neil not a happy chappy.

Was told yesterday that 3 players commute from London every day for training. This was something agreed with Neil Adams before AN arrived.

Lots of people commute to work.  Why should footballers be any different?    Two hours on a train, relaxing, reading or listening to music is no big deal, especially if you can afford first class, which presumably players can.   200 round trip driving every day is a bit different, but plenty of people commute long distances by car. Managers may not like it, but if a player wants to do it, it shouldn''t be a big deal.   

The crux of the matter is (and why AN is annoyed), is that they do the commute to Norwich in Sinclair C5s.............and do the return journey on Raleigh Choppers......FACT!

[quote user="simmo_2"]Was told yesterday that 3 players commute from London every day for training. This was something agreed with Neil Adams before AN arrived.[/quote]
I am struggling to put the title of this thread together with this information.  I am fairly sure Alex Neil has a few more pressing things to be unhappy about.
Still, at least if we get to the playoff final, they can have a lie-in.

I don''t really see a problem, but different managers will have a different take on it.

Players don''t exactly have a 9-5 job, you could argue there''s no particular reason they have to live close by - they can stay up if they need to, or during their ''working week'' as many people do. It''s well known that Harry Redknapp always lived in the Poole area and commuted, we were never certain what Lambert''s arrangements were.

On the other hand, I believe Chelsea have a rule that players live within a certain distance of their training ground (near Cobham)...though that''s hardly a hardship as it includes parts of SW London and expensive Surrey towns and villages which are where you''d probably expect them to live in any case!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="simmo_2"]Was told yesterday that 3 players commute from London every day for training. This was something agreed with Neil Adams before AN arrived.[/quote]
I am struggling to put the title of this thread together with this information.  I am fairly sure Alex Neil has a few more pressing things to be unhappy about.
Still, at least if we get to the playoff final, they can have a lie-in.
[/quote]Part of the deal that was negotiated was that they would get up early to make breakfast for the players and coaches staying with them, McNally signed off on this as the saving on London hotels is significant.

Gary hooper is one if them, his misses hated it here

Whilsi can appreciate the ok to commute argument, it does worry me if players aren''t prepare to move close to the club.

It just shows a total lack of commitment, I know career is short and players rarely stay at one club but if you really intend to honour your 3/4 year contract you should move there.

Hooper is a good example if he is one as I expect it shows he signed with a view to eventually securing a move to a mid premier league club. No evidence to back it up, but I would expect that lack of commitment is actually why he hasn''t played more often for us this season ..which is kind of ironic!