Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Main Page Heading

Leave off Grabban. His play has been one of the reasons we have got back towards the top of the league - have you seen the incident?  What would you do if someone had you in a headlock? 

OK let''s lay off Grabban could have gone second put the pressure on Bournemouth and the very least gone to the last game of the season but no he decides to punch someone but let''s lay off him poor boy

[quote user="Bomber"]OK let''s lay off Grabban could have gone second put the pressure on Bournemouth and the very least gone to the last game of the season but no he decides to punch someone but let''s lay off him poor boy[/quote]Have you seen the incident?

It''s an interesting sport where you can have somebody in a head lock with no punishment, yet as soon as the player reacts it''s a red card?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It''s an interesting sport where you can have somebody in a head lock with no punishment, yet as soon as the player reacts it''s a red card?[/quote]True enough.  I want to see the incident, then perhaps have a better idea about Grabban''s guilt or otherwise, or at least get a reliable report from someone who has actually seen it close up.

My old fashioned view would be that trying to rip someone''s head of is a bit violent.

I think in those circumstances most of us would be inclined to offer up a little rib tickler.

Bomber wrote the following post at 25/04/2015 5:40 PM:Don''t need to see it he lost his cool and punched someone letting the club down

------------------------

Perhaps you should view the incident

It''s hardly a punch, not sure that he''s even made contact. Surely the Rotherham guy would have gone to ground if he''s felt anything.In all honesty it''s a free kick to us, and maybe a yellow for the defender.Very harsh that Grabban sees red & the other walks away with nothing.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Leave off Grabban. His play has been one of the reasons we have got back towards the top of the league - have you seen the incident?  What would you do if someone had you in a headlock? 

[/quote]To be fair the vine recording you put does make it look nothing much but as a seasoned professional Grabban knows that sort of contact carries the very real danger of getting sent off.Headlock or not he shouldn''t have reacted in the way he did.

Ridiculous sending off.

We''ve been on the wrong end of so many bad decisions this season, and they far outweigh the Penalty Wes earned through cheating.

Having said that I think we should be a little ashamed that Wes did cheat.

Grabban will feel bad enough. I doubt Neil will have to say much. Appalling referee yesterday.

he has been one of the cornerstones of our season , this was an isolated incident and he is hardly a Joey barton. It was a shame and probably did cost us 2 points but it was the Borough game that cost us automatic when we had it in our hands. From where we were as a misfiring unit under Adams we have done very very well to be where we are and fingers crossed about the play offs. if we fail at that hurdle then a whole season under AN will be something to look forward to even if we lose some of our current squad

[quote user="Making Plans"]It''s hardly a punch, not sure that he''s even made contact. Surely the Rotherham guy would have gone to ground if he''s felt anything.In all honesty it''s a free kick to us, and maybe a yellow for the defender.Very harsh that Grabban sees red & the other walks away with nothing.[/quote]

I agree. I think it''s pathetic. Grabban was trying to get out of the headlock and swung his arm, hardly making any contact if any at all. The defender, if he had been hit, would have made a meal out of it, as they always do and was more than likely very relieved he didn''t receive any punishment himself.

I think contact by Grabban is minimal or non existent. Yes he was stupid to have swung his arm, but his act in the incident is not as bad as the defenders. If I had been Grabban, my natural reaction would have been to push him away and wrestle free, but he had to do something. It''s a split second reaction and you don''t really have too much time to think.