Sign in to follow this  
damn that Ralph Coates!

Team for Fulham

Team for the Fulham match if Bournemouth get their three points before that…

Rudd

Whittaker Cuellar Miquel Garrido

E Bennett McGrandles Andreu Odjidja-

Becchio Loza

……….

Rest our best team for play offs, spare them from injuries and red cards??

Rudd

Cueller Bennett Miquel Garrido

O''Neil Odjidje-Ofoe

E.Bennett Andreu McGrandles

Becchio

Bunn,Hall-Johnson,Kallan-McFadden,Loza,Morris,King,Efete

would be absolutely criminal to risk unnesessary injuries/suspensions to any 1st XI players going into the playoffs

I think it''d be worse to risk getting beat at home.

Got to be a pretty strong team, I think. Give ourselves a chance to go into the play-offs on a high.

[quote user="GJP"]

Got to be a pretty strong team, I think. Give ourselves a chance to go into the play-offs on a high.

[/quote]

no one would remember the Fulham game when the playoffs start......what would really be worse?. a reserve/U21 team losing a match......or taking a couple of injuries to important players into the playoffs??

you''re probably right - AN will play strong side to keep up confidence even if a "dead" game. I really would hate it however, if Jerome gets injury to add to Grabban absence, or we lost the likes of Bassong in a totally meaningless match like that....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] no one would remember the Fulham game when the playoffs start......what would really be worse?. a reserve/U21 team losing a match......or taking a couple of injuries to important players into the playoffs??[/quote]

The former.

It''s not ridiculous at all.

Wait to see what team Alex Neil picks.

which players would you "risk" then GJP???

After what happened to Grabban today, Jerome and Hooper can''t be anywhere near the squad next weekend. Ruddy would be indispensible,likewise Bassong and Olsson. Johnson and/or Tettey are always a risk of bookings/sendings off.

Doesn''t leave too many.

Could be argued that we need to give Jerome the chance to get back amongst the goals.

I don''t think you''d risk anyone with a niggle but otherwise I think it should be pretty strong.

would be absolsute madness to play Jerome /or Hooper for that matter with Grabban out of the next 3. If Jerome''s hamstrings go again, we''re playing 2 playoff semis with one striker....which would be unforgivable when the risk wasnt necessary.

There''s no doubt any injury risks such as Tettey won''t pay. Same reason Jerome was on the bench yesterday. But the 11 will largely be the same, gotta keep the momentum and spirit there. There''s no doubt in my mind we''d have won yesterday with 11 men for the 90.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Dorrans Johnson

Hoolahan

Hooper

Lets smash Fulham, we owe them a big un.

Given it some thought, and a compromise team would be my preference.

Basically AN could tell certain players on the fringe: “honestly, I think I know my preferred 11 to start the play-offs. You’re not in my thoughts for a starting place in the up-and-coming three cup finals we have to play – I’m putting you in for this Fulham game and I want you to show me why I should consider you for the bench for potential Wembley appearance ”etc…. (or shop window for some)

These midfield “subs” to actually start against Fulham could be from O’Neill, Voodoo, Elliot Bennett and Andreu; defensive subs could include Cuellar, Miquel, Garrido, Efete; strikers for bench in Grabban’s absence could include Becchio, Loza, Morris…

Compromise therefore could be to inject a few of these to rest some of the main players and spare from injury. We don’t need to risk Jerome’s hamstring, Tettey’s knee, or a red card for Johnson, Bassong, Howson, Hooper, Hoolahan or whoever. We were rumoured to have one of the best squads in the division, so why not use a few for a "dead" game if Bournemouth do win before that game.

I''m happy to clap all the players around the pitch after the match, present the PoTS etc in the knowledge my best choices are going to be available v the scum

[quote user="AJ"]gotta keep the momentum [/quote]What momentum is that then - played 2, lost 1, drawn one, 1 goal and 1 point out of 6Give them all a rest, treat the Fulham game as a reserve/U21 fixture & go into the play offs with a fit and eager squad that''s had 2 weeks off