Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Vadis Odjidja Ofoe

Poor guy has been on the bench numerous times and made one 5 - 10 minute appearance. He made a good impression in that match, but has not come on since.

Does he deserve to be given a better or longer time on the pitch ie against Fulham at least, if Bournmouth win on Monday? Can we not see what he is capable of?

He came here with some good reviews, so it would be good to see him in action.

does seem a bit odd that he''s never turned to from the bench in any situation.

Fitness wise he should be reasonably up to speed having been in full training for a few weeks and playing U21 games.

We''ve either got a very good player here who on the face of it is being criminally under-used.....or we''ve got ourselves a £4m white elephant that Alex Neil doesn''t trust.

It''s taken then a while to get him up to speed.

He''s got something but people also need to remember we''ve got some good players in our team already.

He will probably leave in the summer just like most of Adams signings,

Miquel, Cuellar, Odjidja, Lafferty.

Big changes this summer no matter division we end up in.

i wouldnt necessarily have thought there''d be ''big'' changes if we didnt go up?....yes there would be a few fringe players leave but Alex Neil has basically been using the same 14 players for the last 3 months or so. Provided most/all of those 14 players are here next season (including the pemanent signing of Dorrans) together with a few more additions , I see no reason why we couldnt challenge again.

The process of the squad unwinding will continue throughout the Summer and in January as we struggle to adapt to wages consistent with championship club. Lottery of the playoffs or long term stagnation, again, is what is in store. I wonder if the board will sleep easy tonight.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The process of the squad unwinding will continue throughout the Summer and in January as we struggle to adapt to wages consistent with championship club. Lottery of the playoffs or long term stagnation, again, is what is in store. I wonder if the board will sleep easy tonight.[/quote]

If we don''t go up this season, we''ll certainly see how ambitious the board really are. I can''t help but think this season is make or break.... Go up and we continue our upward curve over the past 5 years, with relegation to the championship merely a blip, or fail in the playoffs and watch us get progressively worse over the next season or two before slipping into obscurity.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]The process of the squad unwinding will continue throughout the Summer and in January as we struggle to adapt to wages consistent with championship club. Lottery of the playoffs or long term stagnation, again, is what is in store. I wonder if the board will sleep easy tonight.[/quote]

If we don''t go up this season, we''ll certainly see how ambitious the board really are. I can''t help but think this season is make or break.... Go up and we continue our upward curve over the past 5 years, with relegation to the championship merely a blip, or fail in the playoffs and watch us get progressively worse over the next season or two before slipping into obscurity.[/quote]I know it is supposed to be grim up north but is there some kind of competition going on between posters beyond the Wash to outdo each other in the miserabilist stakes? And it is not just you two - there is a Geoff Boycott avatar whose appearance frequently portends doom.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]The process of the squad unwinding will continue throughout the Summer and in January as we struggle to adapt to wages consistent with championship club. Lottery of the playoffs or long term stagnation, again, is what is in store. I wonder if the board will sleep easy tonight.[/quote] If we don''t go up this season, we''ll certainly see how ambitious the board really are. I can''t help but think this season is make or break.... Go up and we continue our upward curve over the past 5 years, with relegation to the championship merely a blip, or fail in the playoffs and watch us get progressively worse over the next season or two before slipping into obscurity.[/quote]

I know it is supposed to be grim up north but is there some kind of competition going on between posters beyond the Wash to outdo each other in the miserabilist stakes? And it is not just you two - there is a Geoff Boycott avatar whose appearance frequently portends doom.
[/quote]

[:D]

If our natural turnover is say 30m, and we still have an ambition to fund a category one academy which will suck cash, we shall be unable to retain the vast majority of the current squad. And this outcome is a result of decisions made in the boardroom. Whether you call that realism, conservatism or miserablism I''ll leave to you Purple. With Lennon we''d have been enjoying champagne today.

I have been very impressed with Neil, and I''d rather have him than Lennon. Keeping Neil happy and with us for the long term would be the best summer signing.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]If our natural turnover is say 30m, and we still have an ambition to fund a category one academy which will suck cash, we shall be unable to retain the vast majority of the current squad. And this outcome is a result of decisions made in the boardroom. Whether you call that realism, conservatism or miserablism I''ll leave to you Purple. With Lennon we''d have been enjoying champagne today.[/quote]I will be enjoying champagne tonight anyway, Highland. I don''t need some spurious footballing reason...You are welcome to keep on claiming Lennon would have got us promoted, although the more you claim it the more it looks like some dubious piece of Scottish solidarity. The truth is there is no justification in his Celtic record, or how he has done at Bolton so far, to be anything like sure about that. The end of next season will be the time for an assessment.My view, which is certainly as justified as yours (and probably less skewed by nationalism) is that Neil will turn out to be a better manager than Lennon and that in the long run we will do better off than if we had got in ahead of all those other Championship clubs that didn''t take the risk Bolton did. Even in the shorter term (given Bolton''s slump back after Lennon''s first ten or so games) I am not at all convinced a whole season of Lennon would have got us higher in the table than the season we have had of 50 per cent Adams and 50 per cent Neil.

I suggest you research Vadis''s goals on you tube very impressive on the right and scores for fun certainly looks better than Redmond. If sending back will not get £4m take a big loss on what looks to be a gifted player. Would like a chance to assess him Fulham ideal opportunity.

For what it''s worth like many I arrived in the Jenny Lind maternity on Unthank Road.... Anyway, to more important issues, I wonder if Vadis will get a run out against Fulham if we rest some of the regular starters?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]The process of the squad unwinding will continue throughout the Summer and in January as we struggle to adapt to wages consistent with championship club. Lottery of the playoffs or long term stagnation, again, is what is in store. I wonder if the board will sleep easy tonight.[/quote]

If we don''t go up this season, we''ll certainly see how ambitious the board really are. I can''t help but think this season is make or break.... Go up and we continue our upward curve over the past 5 years, with relegation to the championship merely a blip, or fail in the playoffs and watch us get progressively worse over the next season or two before slipping into obscurity.[/quote]I know it is supposed to be grim up north but is there some kind of competition going on between posters beyond the Wash to outdo each other in the miserabilist stakes? And it is not just you two - there is a Geoff Boycott avatar whose appearance frequently portends doom.[/quote]

It''s realism. If we don''t go up this year then we''ll budget to be in the championship for the foreseeable future.

This club has been poorly run for years, we have failed to take our opportunity to establish ourselves as reqular premiership side. Look at Stoke, West Brom, Southampton, Palace. We should be among those clubs, but for incompetence.