Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Grabban sending off

I would suggest that, given he''ll be missing from most/all of our remaining games anyway, we would be a bit daft not to appeal if we think there is any chance of success.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I would suggest that, given he''ll be missing from most/all of our remaining games anyway, we would be a bit daft not to appeal if we think there is any chance of success.[/quote]

But that''s the point I''m making. How can there possibly be any chance of the FL overturning the ref''s decision given the circumstances i.e. punch thrown in clear view of ref ?

Grabban was stupid but their defender should have been carded and Pringle should have been sent off minutes later for doing the exact same thing.

Unfortunately we got a petulant, petty, small man as a ref on Saturday who wanted to enjoy his moment in the limelight to wind up supporters of (by the standard of teams he usually refs) a big club and help out Rotherham for their points deduction.

It doesn''t matter though because we''d still finish in the play offs even if we won, I just absolutely hate bias refereeing, especially as we had to suffer it for three years being a smaller club in the Prem, it''s a shame we don''t get the help Chelsea/Liverpool etc get in our league this season!

Grabban was an idiot for even giving the ref a chance but both Jerome and Bradders were treated quite leniently when flinging themselves around a bit. Pretty damn stupid when you need a win to go flinging punches around and while their players did some stuff too the ref was pretty consistent I thought as he let stuff go from both sides outside that red.

The ''punch'' that Grabban threw would not hurt a child.

Some of the over the top, stud showing, leg breaking tackles that also get players sent off could, potentially, end a fellow professional''s career.

Yet they both pick up three match bans.

Ludicrous.

[quote user="AJ"]Not sure it was a red but if it is the Rotherham player simply has to go as well. Let alone the one who shoved Dorrens a few minutes later... ref had a mare[/quote]

I would suggest that the ref did everything that was expected. The person responsible for appointing him clearly missed out on his Geography GCSE.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]The ''punch'' that Grabban threw would not hurt a child.

Some of the over the top, stud showing, leg breaking tackles that also get players sent off could, potentially, end a fellow professional''s career.

Yet they both pick up three match bans.

Ludicrous.[/quote]

He threw a punch, it made contact. Red card. It really is as simple as that. Credit (begrudgingly) to the Rotherham player for not falling to the ground like the proverbial sack of potatoes or clutching his stomach as if he had been punched by Manny Pacquiao.

All I''ve seen is the head lock captured on the front of the Pink Un.

Surely that''s evidence enough to explain the actions of Grabban. Of it wasn''t a proper punch, then that''s worse.

Thing is damage has been done noow. We were down to 10 players and just may have caused us not to see out the win.

All ifs and buts, though.