Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Grabban sending off

ok i am city fan but let us be clear the Rotherham player for no reason got Grabban in a headlock which Grabban was clearly trying to get out of. He clearly tries to push away from the player a punch very very unlikely as there is no reaction at all from the Rotherham player no bent stomach nothing doubt any real contact.

Even if he dismisses Grabban he has to at least caution the other player arguably is a red too!

Shocking shocking referee should not be in any league if there was no contact as seems likely should have been yellow only Grabban clearly reacting to awful challenge more like rugby than football

Referee Mark Brown only does a few championship games a season, 5 last, I think and 6 this season.   I can understand why.  And he was born in Yorkshire too - how does that work?    Imagine having a match at CR with a ref from Norfolk.......

So that slap from Grabban will result in the same punishment as a leg breaking, studs first, over the ball challenge that we have seen plenty of this season.

As I believe somebody once said .... it''s a funny old game.

I missed the punch, but ignoring that - I can''t get over how poor the referee and linesmen were. The second half corner to Rotherham was an absolute joke.

We got nothing off him, appeared to just want to be the centre of attention.

Having watched it on sky, Grabban makes a clear movement that looks like a punch, yes he is in a headlock of sorts but that doesn''t excuse his actions..

given the importance of the game it''s totally unacceptable behaviour from Grabban, and I hope the club throw the book at him in terms of a fine..

I would imagine anyone who delivered a blow similar to the one Grabban delivered would be highly embarrassed to have that called a punch.

I think I received worse than that when I was a primary school.

still haven''t seen replay of it yet, so was surprised when he gave Grabban the red,if he has punched him he deserved to go, but that ref, gave them a corner when Ruddy let it run out for a goal kick, the Norwich fans were chanting "don''t know what you''re doing" and he turned grinned and gave us a stupid wink" such a poor poor display of refereeing.

Having seen the incident looks more like handbags than violent conduct.....no reaction from their defender seems a poor decision tbh

A punch to be a punch hhas to connect it clearly did not otherwise knowing players nowadays he would collapsed in heap.

Replays look more likely to show he was just getting away from player by swinging arm to get out of headlock and it was aheadlock pictures clearly show it was for which there is no excuse and usually a straight red.

Yes grabban reacted but who wouldnt to having your head pulled off for no reason other than trying to get ball .

Only one person to blame I am afraid and that is ref

[quote user="CJ"]A punch to be a punch hhas to connect it clearly did not otherwise knowing players nowadays he would collapsed in heap.

Replays look more likely to show he was just getting away from player by swinging arm to get out of headlock and it was aheadlock pictures clearly show it was for which there is no excuse and usually a straight red.

Yes grabban reacted but who wouldnt to having your head pulled off for no reason other than trying to get ball .

Only one person to blame I am afraid and that is ref[/quote]

Throwing a punch is a red card. Doesn''t have to connect or be a hard punch. I believe raising your hands to another player is a red card so even a push in that situation can be justified as a red.

Head locks are usually considered grappling and warrant no more that a warning if off the ball.

Grabban was a tit for doing anything, hope he gets a big fine, and I doubt he''ll be a canary next season- actually, if we go up I''d be very surprised to see him still here. He probably knows that so didn''t want to have to be part of the push to put him out of a job!

It was a silly thing to do no matter how soft the punch. If bolton do go and beat bournemouth it will be even more frustrating.

But I agree the ref was awful and I too noticed him grinning and winking at one point, seemed to be enjoying the limelight

Yes he''s swung his arm but it''s not a punch, more like just trying to free himself up.Don''t think that he''s even made contact and surely the Rotherham guy would have gone to ground if he''s felt anything.In all honesty it''s a free kick to us, and maybe a yellow for the defender, nothing more.A travesty that Grabban sees red & the other walks away with nothing.For the second time in a week, the ref has cost us.

Yellow shirt i am a ref and believe me a head lock is a red card , i love the way u say raising hands is red but head lock is not .

I agree swinging an arm even if not connecting can be a red however the ref did not even caution the rotherham player who clearly irritated Grabban with an off the ball challenge

Not sure it was a red but if it is the Rotherham player simply has to go as well. Let alone the one who shoved Dorrens a few minutes later... ref had a mare

Watching it on FLS this morning I understand why Grabban is sent off, I don''t understand how their player gets away with it. The ref is looking straight at it, the player has Grabban in a clear headlock, the message this sends is that you can grab, hold and strangle any player on the pitch in front of the ref just as long as it provokes him into a reaction. Appalling refereeing.

What is it with refs now wanting to be mates with players,

Smiling, winking, joking ,highfiving (which apparently happened after Middlesbourogh game,wasnt there had to leave before getting chucked out I was so wound up!) is not acceptable in any circumstance and as much as I thought Webb could be a tit at least he never tried to make friends.

If he did smile and wink at our supporters then he should be spoken to and cautioned by the police for crowd indictment.

PeePoor Refs have cost us all this year, I have no complaints about Grabben going as there is movement and you cant do that, but equally holding a player in a headlock as least deserves a talking to.

for what it''s worth as a Level 5 referee, I would have issued Grabban a red card for ''serious fould play'' as there was intent to cause the played injury by a punch, (it''s irrelevant if it made contact or lack or force)

Although with that said you could argue that I could have stopped play 2 seconds earlier as it appears that the defender was holding Grabban, which should have resulted in a direct freekick and a possible yellow card for ''unsporting behavour.''

A headlock would be seen as ''holding or blocking'' that falls into ''unsporting behavour'' which is a yellow.

Hope that helps

If Grabban had to go then so did their player and if you add to that the shove on Dorrans there is no doubt the ref had a major impact on the result.The handball in the box by the Boro player last week may well have resulted in a draw which means 3 points lost due to terrible referees

Maybe it was actually Rotherham''s game plan to try to provoke a reaction from Grabban and get him at least a yellow......Grabban was foolish and rose to the bait......Unfortunately, it probably/maybe/possibly...... cost us taking all 3 points.....

The conspiracy theorist''s may also think he will return to his old club Bournemouth when they achieve promotion......"Muh Wah! Muh huh huh huh Wah!"....."You Canary fools! Grabban is our double agent! Muh WAH!".......cackles Eddie Howe.....

Only just seen the incident, if that''s a red then all games will get called off after the number of sending off''s which will happen at corners. Yet more disgrace for the F A but they don''t care or respect the fans.

[quote user="yoda"]If Grabban had to go then so did their player and if you add to that the shove on Dorrans there is no doubt the ref had a major impact on the result.The handball in the box by the Boro player last week may well have resulted in a draw which means 3 points lost due to terrible referees[/quote]

That terrible ref could and probably should have sent off a couple more. Ruddy, already booked could easily have seen a second yellow for time wasting and Jerome''s two assaults could both have been worthy of red. Added to the awful tackle on Pringle I think we got off lightly. Lucky to get a point against a good team.

Having just seen this incident here''s my interpretation of events:

The FA/Football league dock Rotherham three points on Friday but desperately don''t want the points deduction to lead to their relegation and a possible court case.

They therefore call Mark Brown the referee Friday night and tell him to ''go easy'' on Rotherham Saturday as they''re bound to be feeling hard done by, victimised etc etc etc.

Sounds far fetched I know but having just seen the video evidence I can think of no other logical explanation. As others have said it wasn''t a punch it was somebody simply trying to escape from a headlock. Shocking!

[quote user="Monty burns"]for what it''s worth as a Level 5 referee, I would have issued Grabban a red card for ''serious fould play'' as there was intent to cause the played injury by a punch, (it''s irrelevant if it made contact or lack or force)

Although with that said you could argue that I could have stopped play 2 seconds earlier as it appears that the defender was holding Grabban, which should have resulted in a direct freekick and a possible yellow card for ''unsporting behavour.''

A headlock would be seen as ''holding or blocking'' that falls into ''unsporting behavour'' which is a yellow.

Hope that helps[/quote]

Sorry are you really saying if he had pulled Grabbans shirt would be yellow but a headlock is only holding or blocking and "may be " a yellow . most players and refs would agree that having your head locked under someones arm pit is aggresive and excessive force as is any unnecessary contact with another players head and at least a yellow if not red.

Any real mature ref would realise that Grabban was provoked by the Rotherham player and would give both of them a caution, thats what real refs do not just quote from the FA bible . too many refs have not played enough

That would only be the case for a frivolous appeal. I think in this instance we can appeal without risk of the ban being extended to 4 games.

Why would we appeal ? He threw a punch in clear view of the ref. The FL are hardly likely to overturn the ref''s decision, are they. Grabban''s unprofessional and petulant reaction has cost us dear.

[quote user="Snoots"]Why would we appeal ? He threw a punch in clear view of the ref. The FL are hardly likely to overturn the ref''s decision, are they. Grabban''s unprofessional and petulant reaction has cost us dear.[/quote]

Can''t argue with any of that