Sign in to follow this  
Dave

London Marathon

Goo luck to NCFC legend Adam Drury on Sunday - but hopefully i can beat him!!!!

Wow, very best to you, and I hope all kidney problems are far behind you now.

I have done 2 (London) , which considering I''ve never had a racing snake body, I''m happy with!

Managed to raise a few thousand for charity, so that was well worthwhile.

Whenever I watch the London marathon, and when I stood on the start line it''s a real ''hair up on the back of my neck'' moment, as it is truly one of the special days in anyone''s life.

so pleased to be back out there not really pushed sponsorship but still managed to get £500 this time

long, long time ago, back in 1984 I once race a personal best of  2hrs 22min 09secs in the London Marathon, that time would still stand good today

good luck to everyone running it! the fun runners/amateurs make the Marathon what it is and the personal stories pushing people on make everyone a winner imo.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]long, long time ago, back in 1984 I once race a personal best of  2hrs 22min 09secs in the London Marathon, that time would still stand good today[/quote]

That would make you an all-time record holder at the club I run with!

http://www.norwichroadrunners.com/index.php/menu/our-club/item/122-club-records

Well done, Mustard you must be one of the few on here that realize it''s a good time. I have of course slowed a lot since then, but every year I look at the results to see where I would have come with that time !

Swindon, when I did my two, I managed to get pretty close to your time .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. and then I did the second 13

I could only dream of a time like that if I get close to 4 hours I will be happy

[quote user="Dave"]I could only dream of a time like that if I get close to 4 hours I will be happy[/quote]I''m sure you won''t be too upset if Adam Drury beats you home.Unless his knees are knackered most people would be hard pushed to out-run a recently retired professional footballer.Good luck and enjoy the day ( you may need an umbrella )

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Well done, Mustard you must be one of the few on here that realize it''s a good time. I have of course slowed a lot since then, but every year I look at the results to see where I would have come with that time ![/quote]It''s not just a good time.....it''s b*oody fantastic !!You must have done a lot of running back in the day ?

2 hours 22 is a borderline professional time, so either you were very very good in your day or you are being economical with the truth.

I ran 4 hours 18 minutes in 2010 which was so-so, but I did beat George Burley by an hour. In your face, scummer.

I did 3:53 once but4 years of kidney issues I''m just so pleased to be back out there at almost 36 I just want to keep trying for as long as I can

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Dave"]I could only dream of a time like that if I get close to 4 hours I will be happy[/quote]I''m sure you won''t be too upset if Adam Drury beats you home.Unless his knees are knackered most people would be hard pushed to out-run a recently retired professional footballer.Good luck and enjoy the day ( you may need an umbrella )[/quote]

You''d be surprised. Most footballers would struggle to run a decent 5k time without specific training.

I''m an average runner with a 10k PB of 39 minutes. I remember Danny mills running the Leeds 10k 4 years ago in about 44 minutes. Incidentally Howard Webb ran too, and finished in about 48 minutes.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]2 hours 22 is a borderline professional time, so either you were very very good in your day or you are being economical with the truth.

I ran 4 hours 18 minutes in 2010 which was so-so, but I did beat George Burley by an hour. In your face, scummer.[/quote]

Did he ever cheer up[:^)]

You guys are fantastic!! Credit to you.

For those of you disbelieving I''ve taken this from the National Union of Track Statisticians year book (a right sod to scan) If you look up ''SwindonCanary'' on Google you will find my name is Martin James, I just hope this is big enough for you to see my name at 2hrs 22mins.  [URL=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/SwindonCanary/media/My%20london%20time.jpg.html][IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/SwindonCanary/My%20london%20time.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Phenomenal time.

Forgive my initial disbelief. It isn''t often we find elite-standard athletes on a Norwich City messageboard.

You must have been running 60-70 miles a week in training? How did you balance that with a full time job, or were you at University at the time?

I was pushing myself at 5k/10k but couldn''t find time to do the miles required to build a base for speed.

Looking back, I still can''t believe what I did for my marathon training ! I was running up to 100 miles per week and doing shifts (6am to 2pm--2pm to 10pm---10pm to 6am) I was single at that time with no other commitments, which helped.

Admin will probably delete this but if anyone wants to donate to my charity for the marathon

Www.virginmoneygiving.com/davewaltonuk

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]For anyone interested, Adam Drury ran a very respectable 2 hrs 52mins 30secs [/quote]Sorry wife got it mixed up 2hr 52 mins 30 sec was in fact done by Jenson Button !  Drury''s target is around 4 hrs !

Drury did 3hrs 42mins 53sec   Well ahead of his estimate and  the standard of a good club runnerWell done to him and you can still sponsor him.  

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]2 hours 22 is a borderline professional time, so either you were very very good in your day or you are being economical with the truth. I ran 4 hours 18 minutes in 2010 which was so-so, but I did beat George Burley by an hour. In your face, scummer.[/quote]

I managed 3 hours 45 minutes in a London Taxi the day the Queen decided to have a birthday

That''s a super time Karl, but I had to read your post three times before I understood it. I read it as a Sarf Lundon hit.

"You ain''t seen me roight?"

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]That''s a super time Karl, but I had to read your post three times before I understood it. I read it as a Sarf Lundon hit.

"You ain''t seen me roight?"[/quote]

I ran to the bus stop this morning and just caught the bus. Plus I managed to get my breath back after two more stops so I''m pretty pleased with that.